Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Ray Felton Shooting too much

I dont makes threads that often and I pick and choose what i want to write but i am really frustrated by how felton shoots too much.

I understand we are winning games, but the shots are forced and its brings down our efficiency and because of this makes games alot more competitive than they should be....i understand he is a good scorer but he should never be allowed to take 20 shots a game and this has happened on multiple occasions and after tonights game he will probably be under 40 percent. He takes shots the minute hes open likes he's still playing 7 seconds or less under Danton'i

I feel like he doesn't play his role as well as he should be.

What do you guys think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by javaid64 View Post
    I dont makes threads that often and I pick and choose what i want to write but i am really frustrated by how felton shoots too much.

I understand we are winning games, but the shots are forced and its brings down our efficiency and because of this makes games alot more competitive than they should be....i understand he is a good scorer but he should never be allowed to take 20 shots a game and this has happened on multiple occasions and after tonights game he will probably be under 40 percent. He takes shots the minute hes open likes he's still playing 7 seconds or less under Danton'i

I feel like he doesn't play his role as well as he should be.

What do you guys think?
    Teams are now daring him to shoot liek the Bulls did switching off the pick and roles leaving him with a big guy playing way off him. So he has to shoot it and he is missing a lot.

vCash
    Cooled off after a hot start early in the season, the shots aren't necessarily terrible he's just not that good a shooter. 20 shots is too much though, he's chucking

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Wouldn't happen if Tyson could post up a point guard, but keep blaming Felton like OJ Mayo is on the court.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Un real we're 17-5 top of the east, this why people make fun of us! Felton overall has played good for us this season, sometimes it feels like alot of you want lose just too complain. You think those bandwagon fans of miami would bit#h no they would take the win and move on and that's what alot of you need to do.

vCash
    if felton doesn't take those shots who does and the knicks are winning so why does it matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Some of the shots hes almost forced to put up and the hope is that if he misses Tyson can clean it up. Also, the ball shouldve been in Kidd's hands more in the 4th to calm everyone down and felton wouldn't have had to put up pull up jumpers

vCash
    Look i understand we are winning.....and even if others teams are daring him to shoots, it doesnt give him the obligation to shoot it every time he could....i'd rather have jr smith/melo, hell give it too someone else cause he isnt making them at a good enought rate.

Just cause we are winning does not mean this team isn't flawed.

I'm just saying for us to reach the nest level he has to play alot smarter than he has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Wouldn't happen if Tyson could post up a point guard, but keep blaming Felton like OJ Mayo is on the court.
    Seriously. If its not Melo and its not JR, who else is putting the ball on the floor and scoring or putting the ball on the floor and making a play that exposes the defense and leads to a bucket?

Teams are leading Felton wide open and when you do that it makes it much more difficult to make a play and draw any defense. I personally think hes gotta take that shot with confidence whenever they sag off him Rondo style.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    for example 26 shots is an astronomical amount of shots, and he even doesnt even get to the line often.

He shoots it likes he thinks he a superstar. He should know his role.

vCash
    I actually like that he shoots a lot. He keeps the defense honest and it opens the floor up for other guys. Sure he misses some shots he should make and sometimes you wonder why Melo isn't the one shooting it. But it helps in the long run when the other players get open shots and easier to make shots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Seriously. If its not Melo and its not JR, who else is putting the ball on the floor and scoring or putting the ball on the floor and making a play that exposes the defense and leads to a bucket?

Teams are leading Felton wide open and when you do that it makes it much more difficult to make a play and draw any defense. I personally think hes gotta take that shot with confidence whenever they sag off him Rondo style.
    I agree 100% but the think with felton he doesnt pick and choose when to do it, he does every time he's given the opportunity even if he's cold as ice.

vCash
    Yes. 25-30 shots is way too many for a pg not named Iverson.

vCash
    Funny this thread was made because my girlfriend insisted I go on PSD tonight and complain about Felton shooting too much. I have always liked Felton, but he is forcing the issue a bit. I think the shots will come down once Amare is back and we have that legit second offensive option.

vCash
    If he doesn't shoot he will pass to JR or Melo who may then take a shot that's a lil more contested. Know his role?? I think he does know his role. Look at our starting 5 he has to shoot. This same as westbrook shooting its not too much when your the 2nd option to start the game and are literally wide open. I hope Felton can give us 20 every night at least til stat come back. If teams overplay him he has been letting Tyson eat. Not saying he's westbrook and expect him to be all star but Ray playing good ball. I can live wit a him gettinng shots up
    Last edited by NYShepinFL; 12-13-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast