Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What Year are we realistically going to compete?

I just want to know so I can start to give a crap again. Alot of people are big on this deal. More kiddies!!! YAY!!!! But again just means were are going to suck that much harder next year. More time waiting for them develop!!! Dont want to rush em!! I'll be doing alot of rooting for the Jays in the mean while.

vCash
    I think we should wait till this deal is official yet because we don't want to assume Dickey is as good as gone yet.

Could be 2014 depending on how well Wheeler, Harvey, and (possibly) D'Arnaud play next year and how we fix certain holes.

But to be conservative i say 2015 should be the year they really start to make this interesting as long they bring in needed help.

vCash
    What difference does it make we're all goners in four days anyway. lol

vCash
    2014. Next year we could surprise though and fight for a WC spot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    2014. Next year we could surprise though and fight for a WC spot
    We always do and then that damn ASB comes and then.....well you know.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    2015 at the earliest, assuming SA and Co. continue to make all the right moves. Otherwise, it's make-a-wish time.

We need soooooo much overall quality and depth.

Yeah, it's a nice beginning with d"Arnaud, but we gave up the guy who won 20 of our 74 wins in 2012. That kind of pitching prowess will be hard to replicate in the near future.

Some people may call me a pessimist. However, a pessimist is merely an optimist with experience.

I can't even imagine what attendance figures might be at Citi this year and next.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    15 or 16. That team in DC will terrorize us for years to come, really as long as Harper is in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    15 or 16. That team in DC will terrorize us for years to come, really as long as Harper is in the league.
    And don't forget the Stras.

vCash
    While we have a lot of great talent coming through the system and blocks to build around them, it all depends on when we decide to actually build around them. Can't just rely on prospects. Once our young core is formed and ready to play, We need veteran talent who knows what it takes to win big games and play under pressure.

Also can't get in the mind set of just playing for the future. Just because we get these guys doesn't mean we get to keep them forever. We have to build a winner or they will ditch us as soon as they can like so many other small market teams.

vCash
    Where are people getting 2015-16 from? If Wheelz and Harvz are who we think they are, you're looking at them plus Niese as the 1-2-3 of our rotation in 2014. Add Gee to the mix, and I'm having a hard time imagining them losing too many series, even if the offense remains power-drained. Assume they add an OF between now and then, perhaps an upgrade at 2B, and I can't see how the team isn't at least in the WC picture in 2014.

vCash
    I've been saying 2015-2016 for a while.

The Wilpons are opening a whole street of shopping and million square foot mall next door in 2016. They'll need good attendance to make as much money as possible.

The only thing that could throw this off schedule is if the business owners in Willets Point get the courts to delay their eviction. If this happens the Wilpons will be much less likely to supplement whatever they have through free agency. Building a contender would then rely on how many of their magic beans (prospects) sprout.

This trade just confirms they're going to go cheap and don't plan on winning before the date I'd predicted.

vCash
    2013: Development Phase I
    2014: Development Phase II & Free Agency Phase I
    2015: Free Agency Phase II & Genuinely Competing

vCash
    I mean, the Giants have won two World Series basically without an offense. Their postseason heroes were Cody Ross the first time around, and Marco Scutaro this year. They made the playoffs almost entirely on the strength of their rotation and pen. We are building similar way, just with a much better offense, potentially.

vCash
    Depends on free agency after next season when guys like Ellsbury, Granderson, Hart, Choo, Pence, Prado, Cruz are all OF free agents. If we spend some money on 1 or 2 of them, we could contend for playoffs in 2014, if not don't, then I'd wait until 2015 to expect possible playoff contention.

I think signing guys like Hart and Prado, and avoid the much bigger names like Ellsbury and Granderson, we could get a decent contract with them and they would really help a lot.

vCash
    I'm thinking 2015-2016 also. So thats another 2-3 years. I dont see us spending anything on FA for another 2 years at least and I just cant see Harvey, Wheeler, TDA maturing THAT much so quickly. They have a ways too go. I think unless Ike really matures and returns to the guy he was in 2010-2011 we have some rough days ahead and Sandy by some MIRACLE puts together an ELITE Bullpen we are in for rough days ahead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast