Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Alfred Morris and Trent Richardson

Both from my home town Pensacola Fl., both are rookies, and both leading there teams in rushing. Trent Richardson went to the same high school as Emmit Smith and set his school records. Trent the 3rd pick overall and Morris a 6th round pick. I dont think anyone would of ever thought that Alfred Morris would be the better RB in the NFL this year. I didnt even hear nothing in the news about Morris when he was in high school but Trent was always in the papper. I guess it just goes to show how much work Morris has put in.

vCash
    And how great it is to play RB for Mike Shanahan.

vCash
    Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say Alfred Morris isn't better.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say Alfred Morris isn't better.....
    He has been this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    He has been this year
    He hasn't though, he's benefited from a great zone blocking system that has produced tons of 1000 yard rushers who wouldn't do anything anywhere else. Trent Richardson is stuck behind one of the poorest run blocking o-lines in the league right now.

Maybe his numbers are better, but Morris isn't the player that Richardson is.

vCash
    He hasn't though, he's benefited from a great zone blocking system that has produced tons of 1000 yard rushers who wouldn't do anything anywhere else. Trent Richardson is stuck behind one of the poorest run blocking o-lines in the league right now.

He has doubled Redskins leading rusher from last year which had the same scheme. Morris is a good back its not just the scheme. Im not saying it doesnt help but I think he would be good on any team.

vCash
    He has doubled Redskins leading rusher from last year which had the same scheme. Morris is a good back its not just the scheme. Im not saying it doesnt help but I think he would be good on any team.
    He might be ok other places, but certainly wouldn't have threads made about him without Shanahan.

Last year Rex Grossman was their quarterback. I think it's safe to say every team was playing the run on everything but third and long

vCash
    Morris has me in my fantasy championship so I love the guy, but remember all the Rbs the skins started last yr. were going over 100 every week. The difference is they kept getting hurt. They had 3 Rbs last yr doing what he is doing. He is good, but the system and health have him near the top of the league.

vCash

And this is why I complain about stat googling all the time.

Did anyone see that Richardson TD run today? My God.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post

Seriously he's a tank. If he played anywhere but Cleveland he'd have ORY locked up (I believe)

Olandis Gary had 1000 yards as a rookie in 2000 under Shanahan. It's the system.
    Last edited by j11430; 12-17-2012 at 12:50 AM.

vCash

Yeah hes got some power in those legs

vCash
    He has been this year
    why? because the numbers say so? morris is on a btter team with a much better runnign scheme. richardson is and has been better
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I'd still take Richardson. Morris has the benefit of RG3. Teams key on Richardson because all the Browns have is Weeden.

vCash
    Morris is great dont get me wrong, but Richardson is what teams are planning for week in and week out

vCash
    Yeah here's a post I made in regards to me talking about Morris not being as good as the stats indicate.

Well he's not a top 10 RB. Probably not top 15. But if we want to blow our loads over stats....

Olandis Gary rookie year. 1200 yards. 4.2 YPC. 8 TDs. About 800 yards actually less for the rest of his career.

Mike Anderson. Rookie. 1500 yards. 5.0 YPC. 15 TDs. One decent year over a 1000 4 years later.

Reuben Droughns. 100 yards to his name before he became the starter in DEN his 3rd year. 1240 yards. 4.6 YPC. 6 TDs

Tatum Bell, second year back, not even a starter. 900+ yards. 5.3 YPC. 8 TDs. Went for even more yards the next year before disappearing.

Mike Bell, another back up, rookie year. 700 yards 8 TDs. 4.3 YPC.

Dude made Vaughn Hebron and Aaron Craver 4.5 YPC backs in limited time.

Soon Alfred Morris will be on this list. He's not Clinton Portis.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast