Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 331
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,592
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7
    so Gcoll states Gun control is HIS political agneda..and that makes it true.
    No evidence, no documents, no sound bites, NO HISTORY WHATSOEVER IN HIS ENTIRE POLITICAL CAREER, but its ok for GCOl and the RT media sources to claim it has been his agenda.
    http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Bara...un_Control.htm

    He appears to hold the common liberal position on gun control.

    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7
    You dont compare guns to cars.
    Why not?
    Last edited by gcoll; 12-17-2012 at 03:49 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    33,072
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Not going to happen. It takes real class to use the memories of 20 dead children to advance a political agenda. Real class.
    9/11 brought on the Patriot Act. Drastic events require some action by leadership to help prevent it from happening again.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    so Gcoll states Gun control is HIS political agneda..and that makes it true.
    No evidence, no documents, no sound bites, NO HISTORY WHATSOEVER IN HIS ENTIRE POLITICAL CAREER, but its ok for GCOl and the RT media sources to claim it has been his agenda.

    You have no cerdibility.

    All these inane RT ideology talking point s are so freakin stupid.
    Cars kill people should we ban them too?
    I mean honestly, it is the logic of a child.
    Guns dont kill people people kill people
    Its not Adam and steve, it adam and eve.
    Do you folks even think about the things you say?
    You just go around repeating the same dry empty sound bites as if they are well thought out policy, you like Johhny Cochran...If the Glove dont fit,you must aquit....WOW its soooo hypnotic......fit,aquit, fit aquit, Im trapped by its simple logic, its inescapable in it totality!!!

    You dont compare guns to cars.
    or cigarettes, or junk food.
    it is a false equivalency that is juvenile and upsetting in its stupidity.
    Well that simply isn't true. Has he made it a main focus issue like taxes? No but he has an agenda and has stated it even in the 2008 election

    Ban on automatic weapons
    No more than one guy a month
    And of course he supported Illinois handgun BAN!

    And that's just 3 of the things he's stated. I guess all these are those horrible right leaning sites that gcoll and I who obviously have no brain will love to use such as the huffington post

    http://www.ontheissues.org/barack_obama.htm
    http://www.ontheissues.org/gun_control.htm

    I believe in 2nd Amendment, but not war weapons on streets. (Oct 2012)
    Fast-and-Furious: no prosecutions for Mexican gun/drug snafu. (Jun 2012)
    Midwestern "bitter clingers" frustrated over broken promises. (Aug 2009)
    Opposed bill okaying illegal gun use in home invasions. (Aug 2008)
    Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
    FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
    April 2008: "Bittergate" labeled Obama elitist. (Apr 2008)
    Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
    Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
    2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
    Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
    Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
    Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
    Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
    Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
    Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)




    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1691640.html
    997-2004: As an Illinois state senator, Obama supports banning all forms of semiautomatic weapons and tighter state restrictions generally on firearms, including a failed effort to limit handgun purchases to one per month.

    2005: In the U.S. Senate, Obama votes against protecting firearms makers and dealers from lawsuits over misuse of their products by others. The bill is signed into law by President George W. Bush.

    2008: During his first presidential campaign, Obama supports a return to the federal ban on assault weapons, which began during the Clinton administration and expired under Bush. He also endorses requiring background checks for buyers at gun shows. The National Rifle Association attacks him as an anti-gun zealot – a stand the group continues to take today.

    http://www.2decide.com/table.htm



    So yes gcoll is correct once again that he does have an agenda.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Yeah come on people. because a tragedy relates to legislation does not me that it is politicizing the tragedy. It's responding to it. Every day in this country on average 34 people are killed with firearms. There is NO DAY in this country that isn't a tragedy when it comes to this issue.

    I'm not saying we should outlaw guns... Though I would support a constitutional amendment to do just that in a heartbeat. But we certainly need to address the issue.
    If you can tell me the shooter used an assault weapon, then I'll concede this isn't exactly what it is- Feinstein treading over the bodies of dead kids to get what she wants.

    **** her. She can come and try to get them. I'll be waiting.

    Seriously folks, if the government actually tries to do this, I will know that it is no longer my government. And we will have one ****ing big problem.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    It takes a lot of class to take on a politically electrified issue in order to try to solve the problem that killed them. Yes, it does.

    It takes a pretty biased and jaundiced eye to see this attempt to find a solution as a political ploy -- the reason insane people have access to deadly automatic weapons in this country it because of the amount of politics that has already been played with this issue. You want to see who made this tragedy possible? You want to see who caused this problem, these deaths? Look right at the NRA and their supporters. Without them playing politics with this issue for decades, 20 kids are alive today. With their politicization of the gun issue, they're dead. You want to point fingers on the politics of guns? I am all for it.
    No, it takea an evbil, evil inhaman piece of **** to actually try this. Once again, you go ahead Lab, and point me to the assault weapon used in CT.. oh, wait, there was none. This is not a solution. And you are too smart to actually think it is. You don;t want people to ahve guns, period. SO you use this as an excuse to adavence that agenda.


    ****ing diusgusting. Its not even human how disgusting this is.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    9/11 brought on the Patriot Act. Drastic events require some action by leadership to help prevent it from happening again.
    And the Patriot Act tread all over how many ammendments? The Patriot Act wasn't leadership. It was an excuse, and it still is.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    If you can tell me the shooter used an assault weapon, then I'll concede this isn't exactly what it is- Feinstein treading over the bodies of dead kids to get what she wants.

    **** her. She can come and try to get them. I'll be waiting.

    Seriously folks, if the government actually tries to do this, I will know that it is no longer my government. And we will have one ****ing big problem.
    Is the Bushmaster AR-15 an "assault weapon"?

    I know nothing about guns...



    So, it's just best to ignore this, not learn or try to change anything, and move on?
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I would argue that it takes equal and identical class to come out not first with a condemnation of the attack but with an attack on liberals trying to take their guns.
    You make my point for me. This Feinstein bill is about her, not the attack. I posted on the attack in the appropriate thread. And, most importantly, I'm not the one using the constitution as my personal role of toilet paper.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Is the Bushmaster AR-15 an "assault weapon"?

    I know nothing about guns...




    So, it's just best to ignore this, not learn or try to change anything, and move on?
    The report I read said it was two pistols and a hunting rifle, with a picture of a bilt action rifle. It was FNC the night of the attack. (as an aside, it was FNC becasue that's what we had on AFN. If it was an AR-15, then it was in fact an assault weapon, and my popint is therefore invalid.

    My point is making things we don;t like illegal has a track record of not working. Perhaps instead, we should be looking at mental illness and violence in our culture, rather than treating citizens like children.

    Let me be clear. Taking weapons away from people who don;t violate the law is not going to solve this problem. And, not to mention, no one has the right to tell me I can't own a firearm, and I will not allow anyone to tell me that.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Is the Bushmaster AR-15 an "assault weapon"?

    I know nothing about guns...



    So, it's just best to ignore this, not learn or try to change anything, and move on?
    Pats fan probably has 103918430483 times more knowledge than I on this but i'll do my best to give an answer. It appears that it is based on this it is
    http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gun...lt-Weapons.htm

    In general, the AWB defined any firearm with a detachable magazine and at least two of certain other characteristics as an assault weapon.

    For rifles, those characteristics included:

    Telescoping stock
    Pistol grip
    Bayonet mount
    Grenade launcher
    Flash suppressor

    http://www.cabelas.com/semiautomatic...rifles-4.shtml

    I see it has the detachable mag and what looks to me a pistol grip and it says it has a flash suppressor so it appears it is. Again i'm not a rifle guy just a hand gun guy. So if i'm wrong please correct me.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    The report I read said it was two pistols and a hunting rifle, with a picture of a bilt action rifle. It was FNC the night of the attack. (as an aside, it was FNC becasue that's what we had on AFN. If it was an AR-15, then it was in fact an assault weapon, and my popint is therefore invalid.

    My point is making things we don;t like illegal has a track record of not working. Perhaps instead, we should be looking at mental illness and violence in our culture, rather than treating citizens like children.

    Let me be clear. Taking weapons away from people who don;t violate the law is not going to solve this problem. And, not to mention, no one has the right to tell me I can't own a firearm, and I will not allow anyone to tell me that.
    He had three semi-automatic weapons. Source

    1. .223 caliber Bushmaster XM-15 rifle
    2. 10mm glock handgun
    3. 9mm SIG Sauer handgun

    He had a shotgun in the car.

    The reports were that he only used the handgun (one of them) on himself. The murders were via the Bushmaster...and 30-round rifle magazines.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmaster_XM-15

    This doesn't look like a hunting gun to me...but again, I'm not a hunter so I'm not sure.

    I can buy one at Cabella's for ~800-1,1000, except if I'm trying to do so in the store in Connecticut (per the site). AR-15s (the platform the XM-15 is modeled after) is federally restricted in just about every first world country, besides the USA. CA and NY have ban magazine capacity to no more than 10 rounds...but those are the only states with any sort of AR-15 restrictions.

    All if this is stuff I've learned the last two days, so this is all regurgitated (albeit from reliable sources)
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    anywhere USA
    Posts
    3,306
    vCash
    1500
    Crazy 3 pages and not one person acknowledged my post about mental health care here in America. I see it's pointless to comeback in here with two sides that are set in their ways.

    I do miss the principal of compromise this country was founded on.

    I guess it proves the reason the press will not cover it, it requires to much thought and it's not as flashy and easy to talk about as gun control.
    Last edited by raiderfaninTX; 12-17-2012 at 05:37 PM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    Crazy 3 pages and not one person acknowledged my post about mental health care here in America. I see it's pointless to comeback in here with two sides that are set in their ways.

    I do miss the principal of compromise this country was founded on.
    Pats fan has agreed with you as the main reason, so yes it has been acknowledged, and yes I personally agree with you as well.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Andyville
    Posts
    2,854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    The report I read said it was two pistols and a hunting rifle, with a picture of a bilt action rifle. It was FNC the night of the attack. (as an aside, it was FNC becasue that's what we had on AFN. If it was an AR-15, then it was in fact an assault weapon, and my popint is therefore invalid.

    My point is making things we don;t like illegal has a track record of not working. Perhaps instead, we should be looking at mental illness and violence in our culture, rather than treating citizens like children.

    Let me be clear. Taking weapons away from people who don;t violate the law is not going to solve this problem. And, not to mention, no one has the right to tell me I can't own a firearm, and I will not allow anyone to tell me that.
    It wasn't a hunting rifle. It was an AR-15 that was used.

    http://www.businessinsider.com/cnn-t...nipers-2012-12

    This weapon should not be available to citizens. There is simply no need for it.

    This isn't an either/or debate. It doesn't have to be a conversation solely about mental health or solely about gun laws - it needs to be both. The questions need to be asked about how someone who was mentally ill flew under the radar up until this point. Then we should want to understand how someone who was mentally ill got their hands on an assault rifle. It's logical to then ask why ANYONE needs to be able to get their hands on an assault rifle.

    If there are good reasons that citizens need this kind of firepower, I've yet to hear them.
    lol nothing matters

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,539
    vCash
    1500
    There's no real reason assault rifles should be available to the public but there's also no real reason they shouldn't be since the distinction doesn't really mean much. What should really be regulated if you care about gun violence is magazine sizes, ammunition sales, and handguns.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •