Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Yuck. More and more starting to buy in to the conspiracies my dad preaches about
    Such as...?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    This is what I was going to say. If it was such an agenda why didn't he address it at all in his first term. Hopefully Obama has the ball to see this through.
    Make no mistake Obama only has so much political capitial to spend on this and things like health care reform was the first priority. Combine that with a republican house and you won't pass gun control.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Not going to happen. It takes real class to use the memories of 20 dead children to advance a political agenda. Real class.
    I would argue that it takes equal and identical class to come out not first with a condemnation of the attack but with an attack on liberals trying to take their guns.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I wonder how many PSDers have shot an assault rifle before? I personally shot the exact same gun that he used and was able to nail targets 30 yards away just standing upright with no arm rest and by no means am I some expert in shooting.

vCash
    To quote some dude named Lincoln.

"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to (their) great unfinished work....We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom."

Action is needed now. It's unfortunate it takes a tragedy, but what else is going to spark the action?

vCash
    More rules, laws and regulations for people that don't care about rules, laws or regulations should work pretty good.

Mentally ill people should never have access to guns of any kind. People do not need an assault rifle or magazines that hold over ten rounds. This woman was the worst kind of gun owner, she was irresponsible and it cost her and many others their lives.

You have guns they need to be secured with trigger locks a cable lock or locked in a gun safe. If you have a child or people that live with you that are not mentally with it you should probably find someone who can store those items responsibly for you. If you can't secure you're weapons away from others you probably shouldn't have them at all.

Some bad gun owners shouldn't make this an issue for the 99 percent of folks that follow all the rules and regulations and are responsible gun owners.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    With all the violence in the United States today, I can understand why we had to make some major changes like such as putting age restrictions on violent video games, implementing anti-bulling programs in elementary schools, and even not buying toys that promote violence. How can anyone disagree with these changes? As American citizens, they cannot, but some people are going too far and placing the blame in the wrong place when they try to blame guns for the violence in the United States today.
    Are car manufacturing companies being blamed for all the DUI’s in the United States? So why are some people blaming gun-manufactures for gun related deaths? Instead of getting rid of guns, how about we make sure guns are in responsible hands. We also need to make sure these responsible gun owners are educated about gun safety. Personally, I grew up with a gun above my front door, but growing up with guns in my household, I also understood what a gun could do to someone. This is why I believe it is important to introduce and educate children about guns at a young age. If a child grows up with no understanding of what a gun can do and somehow got their hands on one. They would look at it as a toy or something cool and chances are hurt themselves, or someone around them. However if my ten year old daughter found a gun somewhere I know she would alert the proper authorities and leave it alone. She was introduced to guns at a young age and understands how they work, what they can do, and how to safely handle one.
    We need to have strict Federal laws in place. Right now, every state has their own laws concerning gun control, and it varies from state to state. In Arizona, you can have your gun sitting on your car seat and this is legal, but in California, you would be arrested on the spot for having a gun lying on your seat. Gun laws need to be consistent across the United States. Part of these laws should require a successful completion of a gun safety course, in Virginia they require this only if someone is applying for a concealed weapons permit or if you are getting a hunting permit for the first time and are under the age of eighteen. I have taking the Hunters Safety course offered by the state of Virginia. It was very informative, it focused on how to handle a gun safely, but it also went over basic laws on how to transport your gun legally. I think this safety course or something like it, should be required for any gun purchase.
    If we end up banning legal gun sales in the United States, that only leaves the criminals with the guns. I hear all the time about gang related murders or armed robberies, but I never hear about the homeowner who just pumped his shotgun and scared way an intruder. Guns can also save lives, if used responsibly. For example, in the Virginia Tech tragedy, I heard a story about a professor who shielded the door with his own body to protect his students. Now image if that professor had a small caliber handgun, he could have possibly saved more lives than he already had and maybe he could have even himself.
    The second amendment that gives up a right keep and bear arms, was not given to us just for our own personal protect, but also that every American citizen can defend their land against foreign invaders. It seems many people today take that for granted, but one of the reasons enemies of the United States has to resorted to terrorist attacks of American, is because if any country tried to invade this land. They would not just have to deal the Armed Forces, they would have to deal with every armed red blooded American who is willing to fight to save his country and that is what made this country so strong and still what makes this what is today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Yeah come on people. because a tragedy relates to legislation does not me that it is politicizing the tragedy. It's responding to it. Every day in this country on average 34 people are killed with firearms. There is NO DAY in this country that isn't a tragedy when it comes to this issue.

I'm not saying we should outlaw guns... Though I would support a constitutional amendment to do just that in a heartbeat. But we certainly need to address the issue.
    Legislation based on emotion, and based on a very shocking (but very rare) occurrence is not smart.

Way more kids are going to get killed in car accidents this year than in that Connecticut shooting.

But people "want something done" about the Connecticut shooting because of how much more shocking it is.

A kid gets killed by a drunk driver, nobody wants to ban alcohol. Kids get killed in car accidents. Nobody cares. Nobody wants to ban cars. Because those things are "supposed" to happen. But then this story comes out, and Jesus ****ing Christ. This story is insane.

People demand "something be done." But it's really not smart to make policy based on that level of emotion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    I wonder how many PSDers have shot an assault rifle before? I personally shot the exact same gun that he used and was able to nail targets 30 yards away just standing upright with no arm rest and by no means am I some expert in shooting.
    I've shot a few. Fun guns to shoot. It will be interesting to see how liberals in congress will vote this one. NRA is quite powerful, and anything regulating gun laws is generally unpopular.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    It's not about putting the politics aside to push his agenda. It's pushingthe politics aside to push AN agenda.
    But it's HIS political agenda that he is pushing.

My point is, you're not going to see a guy make a big "let's put politics aside" speech when he is passing something he wouldn't have passed otherwise.

It's a rhetorical device Obama uses to paint everyone who opposes his ideas as just being petty politicians. And it has been really effective.

My point is: you'll never hear someone say "let's put politics aside" when they're pushing a bill that goes AGAINST their political views.

vCash
    and just FYI, I live in Blacksburg Va (Virginia Tech) and my wife works in the building next to Norris Hall where the shooting took place. I still support guns, they just need to be in the right hands. So instead of stressing about me owning a AR-15, worry about someone who is getting a handgun or fully automatic gun illegally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XXXphins View Post
    With all the violence in the United States today, I can understand why we had to make some major changes like such as putting age restrictions on violent video games, implementing anti-bulling programs in elementary schools, and even not buying toys that promote violence. How can anyone disagree with these changes? As American citizens, they cannot, but some people are going too far and placing the blame in the wrong place when they try to blame guns for the violence in the United States today.
    Are car manufacturing companies being blamed for all the DUI’s in the United States? So why are some people blaming gun-manufactures for gun related deaths? Instead of getting rid of guns, how about we make sure guns are in responsible hands. We also need to make sure these responsible gun owners are educated about gun safety. Personally, I grew up with a gun above my front door, but growing up with guns in my household, I also understood what a gun could do to someone. This is why I believe it is important to introduce and educate children about guns at a young age. If a child grows up with no understanding of what a gun can do and somehow got their hands on one. They would look at it as a toy or something cool and chances are hurt themselves, or someone around them. However if my ten year old daughter found a gun somewhere I know she would alert the proper authorities and leave it alone. She was introduced to guns at a young age and understands how they work, what they can do, and how to safely handle one.
    We need to have strict Federal laws in place. Right now, every state has their own laws concerning gun control, and it varies from state to state. In Arizona, you can have your gun sitting on your car seat and this is legal, but in California, you would be arrested on the spot for having a gun lying on your seat. Gun laws need to be consistent across the United States. Part of these laws should require a successful completion of a gun safety course, in Virginia they require this only if someone is applying for a concealed weapons permit or if you are getting a hunting permit for the first time and are under the age of eighteen. I have taking the Hunters Safety course offered by the state of Virginia. It was very informative, it focused on how to handle a gun safely, but it also went over basic laws on how to transport your gun legally. I think this safety course or something like it, should be required for any gun purchase.
    If we end up banning legal gun sales in the United States, that only leaves the criminals with the guns. I hear all the time about gang related murders or armed robberies, but I never hear about the homeowner who just pumped his shotgun and scared way an intruder. Guns can also save lives, if used responsibly. For example, in the Virginia Tech tragedy, I heard a story about a professor who shielded the door with his own body to protect his students. Now image if that professor had a small caliber handgun, he could have possibly saved more lives than he already had and maybe he could have even himself.
    The second amendment that gives up a right keep and bear arms, was not given to us just for our own personal protect, but also that every American citizen can defend their land against foreign invaders. It seems many people today take that for granted, but one of the reasons enemies of the United States has to resorted to terrorist attacks of American, is because if any country tried to invade this land. They would not just have to deal the Armed Forces, they would have to deal with every armed red blooded American who is willing to fight to save his country and that is what made this country so strong and still what makes this what is today.
    Thanks for your thoughts. The last part can't be stressed enough. People don't look into the 2nd amendment deep enough IMHO. There is something severe to be said when a government takes away weapons. Its a negative type of symbolism really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    I've shot a few. Fun guns to shoot. It will be interesting to see how liberals in congress will vote this one. NRA is quite powerful, and anything regulating gun laws is generally unpopular.
    I grew up in a household that supported the NRA. Son of a gunsmith and I have deep respect for all types of guns but I still don't understand why its soo easy to get an assault rifle.

Certain guns like the 50 cal sniper rifle I could care less if they regulate. ITs way to heavy and doesn't offer much advantage in a mass killing crime outside of normal bolt action sniper rifles.

I would like to own a assualt rifle just for the fun of it but I wouldn't be opposed to a psych test or being forced to do extra things like having a gps tag on it much like cell phones. Why not equip them with finger print trigger access codes or some other technology that prevents kids or mental health problems from taking it from their parents.

vCash
    so Gcoll states Gun control is HIS political agneda..and that makes it true.
    No evidence, no documents, no sound bites, NO HISTORY WHATSOEVER IN HIS ENTIRE POLITICAL CAREER, but its ok for GCOl and the RT media sources to claim it has been his agenda.

You have no cerdibility.

All these inane RT ideology talking point s are so freakin stupid.
    Cars kill people should we ban them too?
    I mean honestly, it is the logic of a child.
    Guns dont kill people people kill people
    Its not Adam and steve, it adam and eve.
    Do you folks even think about the things you say?
    You just go around repeating the same dry empty sound bites as if they are well thought out policy, you like Johhny Cochran...If the Glove dont fit,you must aquit....WOW its soooo hypnotic......fit,aquit, fit aquit, Im trapped by its simple logic, its inescapable in it totality!!!

You dont compare guns to cars.
    or cigarettes, or junk food.
    it is a false equivalency that is juvenile and upsetting in its stupidity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post

I also have shot the same gun. Never even touched a gun until that day and I was tearing targets apart...... I believe they should be illegal who us gonna kill Bambi with on of those things it would ruin all the good stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I kind of agree with this, but then we'd end up will BB in a helicopter trying to fly over random football fields all over the country.
    Big Brother is watching

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast