Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I grew up a Pelfrey fan and hoped one day he would anchor this rotation. I wish him the best of luck in Minnesota, anchoring their ball club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    I don't get the hate. He's a good guy and a good teammate. Why would you wish him ill? I for one hope he bounces back and does well.
    Nobody hated the guy as a person but his up and down performances just frustrated the hell out of you as a fan. I don't wish the guy ill, I hope he does well there but he wasn't going to succeed here, that's all. But for Minnesota to put their hopes onto Worley and Pelfrey is a little desperate IMO.

vCash
    Well I'm still going to be a Mike Pelfrey fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Well I'm still going to be a Mike Pelfrey fan.
    Most players that don't live up to expectations here end up going elsewhere and end up resurrecting their careers. As you can see with Dickey the media can be ***holes to just about anybody as well as the jackwagons running this organization but with pelfrey he can never say that he didn't get opportunites with the Mets.

vCash
    Pelf was a talent who couldn't figure out how to sustain his success as a starter. I predict he'll become a big time reliever now. Shame he'll be replaced by an APH.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Now how the hell am i going to sell these dozens of "Mike Pelfrey HandSicles" I ordered? Eh I guess it's a good thing...I'm sure I'd eventually get sued for my sign that says "they're finger-lickin good" anyway

Good Luck Mike, You weren't a BOOM, but I don't consider you a BUST either.

vCash
    Rick Aguilera 2.0
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Rick Aguilera 2.0
    This is what I'm sayin.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Good luck Pelf, I hope he does great in Minnesota

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Rick Aguilera 2.0
    Aguilera gets a bad rap. I wish he was our closer for all those years he was getting the job done in Minnesota. Pelfrey doesn't have the mental makeup to be an elite closer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Now how the hell am i going to sell these dozens of "Mike Pelfrey HandSicles" I ordered? Eh I guess it's a good thing...I'm sure I'd eventually get sued for my sign that says "they're finger-lickin good" anyway

Good Luck Mike, You weren't a BOOM, but I don't consider you a BUST either.
    A bust would be a player who has high hopes like Wheeler and he falls flat on his face with the weight of Mets nation collapsing down upon him. Pelfrey never had those expectations.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 12-17-2012 at 12:43 AM.

vCash
    I wish him well, he was frustrating but I liked him.

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    I would have taken him back at $4m, which is what he got from the Twins. Would have been a great backup plan for us in case there is an injury.

vCash
    Best of Luck Pelf!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    People should realize that a bust is guy that had no career, Pelfrey has been better than most pitchers have been in his time in the majors.

Hope he does well.
    well said, the day Niese ever wins 15 games let me know, pelf is and always will be better then Niese

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast