Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pelf To The Twins

Good riddance he was a major bust. I wonder if he needs a ride to the sirport.

He's going to pitch well for them in 2014, I wish him the best. Sure he wasn't an ace here, but he was a competent #5 innings eater.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

He will do well in that environment.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I always wanted him as a reliever. I mean he is basically a fastball/changeup/sinker pitcher. The reason he'd get lit up so many times is because he never had that "out" pitch, and if a lineup saw him multiple times in a game, they'd know how to beat him.

Good luck to him.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Good riddance.

As most of know and realize he was not a pressure pitcher and too streaky. At best, when he was on he was a #3, but IMO he was a #5.

Now, he doesn't have to be bothered by the NYC pressure. It may turn out to be a good situation there for him.

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73...SB 50 Super Bowl Champions...
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Do well Mike, get well soon! Maybe a fresh start is all both of us needed.
    " You seek Yoda!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Good riddance.

As most of know and realize he was not a pressure pitcher and too streaky. At best, when he was on he was a #3, but IMO he was a #5.

Now, he doesn't have to be bothered by the NYC pressure. It may turn out to be a good situation there for him.
    The NYC pressure definitely got to him, I agree. That's why his career home ERA is 3.64 but 5.30 on the road. The guy just could not handle pitching in New York. Most pitchers have a home ERA at least 3 runs lower than their road ERA.

Yeah, I agree. Pelf will bounce back with the Twinkies. Perfect parking place for him. He frustrated the heck out of me but somehow I still wish him well.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Pelf To The Twins

People should realize that a bust is guy that had no career, Pelfrey has been better than most pitchers have been in his time in the majors.

Hope he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Toon88 View Post
    Good riddance he was a major bust. I wonder if he needs a ride to the sirport.
    They got rid of their two best outfielders and brought in Worley and Pelfrey to bolster their starting rotation, way to go Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Mostro View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Pelf will bounce back with the Twinkies. Perfect parking place for him. He frustrated the heck out of me but somehow I still wish him well.
    You can't call them the Twinkies anymore because there is no such thing anymore thanks to those greedy mother f-ers with that company formerly known as Hostess.

I liked Pelf as a #5....can have some good streaks and will get you 200+ innings.

I don't get the hate. He's a good guy and a good teammate. Why would you wish him ill? I for one hope he bounces back and does well.

I will be rooting for you Big Pelf. Miss you already, buddy.

I wanted him back, but definitely NOT at that price. See ya.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast