Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Clay won't have to worry anymore about my telling him I'll leave the light on for him.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    It was strange looking at the Mets roster - minus one R.A. Dickey.

This trade needs to work for us or it'll be 2020 before we reach sea level again.

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Only one of three Mets to win a Cy Young award. Folk hero. Amazing person. Brought in two top prospects. The impact he's had on the fanbase is beyond amazing. So yes.

Also, Hunter S. Thompson blows.
    One of the reasons why you listed Dickey as a top 10 Met of all-time is because he was traded for two top prospects.

That =

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

This trade needs to work for us or it'll be 2020 before we reach sea level again.
    Even if these guys don't pan out Dickey wasn't in the team's future plans nor was he going to make the Mets anything better than a fourth place team. To be honest the Mets can't lose in this. Alderson looks like a mastermind acquiring these prospects for Dickey if they reach their potential and even if they don't so what, you weren't going to seriously compete even with Dickey.

vCash
    Amazing guy, deserves the $ he got. I enjoyed watching him pitch, and will miss seeing him scrap at the plate!

I'd be nice if the favorites could stay in the same uniform but sports aren't set up like that anymore. While Ill always be a Mets fan, I've learned to cheer for special players and not just a uniform. I'll always be a Dickey fan and wish him the best. He defined class while here. Kudos to management for getting what look like great pieces for RA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

I disagree. Having such a small payroll means we have flexibility. Should some of these prospects flounder (and no doubt some of them will) we'll have the ability to correct the mistakes through FA.

vCash
    Wow...I really thought he would get a bit more money from Toronto in the extension.

Oh well Good Luck R. Eh. and thanks for the memories

you know even if he doesn't do all that well this year for the Jays(which I don't see any sign of that happening) he can still hold his head up and be proud that he achieved a CAREERS worth of experiences in one season...think about it...Becoming an all-star....winning 20 games....winning the Cy-Young....now being an All-Star can be a multi-time event for a lot of guys...but how many pitchers have multiple 20W seasons or Mulitple Cy Youngs?(yes I know there are a few) but what I am saying is...even if he never reaches this pinnacle again...he lived a lifetime(in baseball terms) in 2012, and It was our honor and privilege to share in it with him.
    Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; 12-18-2012 at 06:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Clay won't have to worry anymore about my telling him I'll leave the light on for him.
    I'll Join.

If your savior can get a GM to willfully to ask for Thole and Nickeas, then I believe.

That's changing water into wine type of miracle.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I'll Join.

If your savior can get a GM to willfully to ask for Thole and Nickeas, then I believe.

That's changing water into wine type of miracle.
    LOL! The good news is that I always said you don't need a church to worship Robert Allen. Feel free to hold his greatness in your heart.

But the C of D is no more.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    One of the reasons why you listed Dickey as a top 10 Met of all-time is because he was traded for two top prospects.

That =
    lol ungrateful much?
    Do The Twirk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234