Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 76
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32,112
    vCash
    1500
    Clay won't have to worry anymore about my telling him I'll leave the light on for him.
    "Gods always behave like the people who make them."

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    16,552
    vCash
    1500
    It was strange looking at the Mets roster - minus one R.A. Dickey.

    This trade needs to work for us or it'll be 2020 before we reach sea level again.
    Slick Fielding Infant Leaguer Will Be Brought Up May 15th Replacing Wilmer Flores

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

    ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Only one of three Mets to win a Cy Young award. Folk hero. Amazing person. Brought in two top prospects. The impact he's had on the fanbase is beyond amazing. So yes.

    Also, Hunter S. Thompson blows.
    One of the reasons why you listed Dickey as a top 10 Met of all-time is because he was traded for two top prospects.

    That =

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    It was strange looking at the Mets roster - minus one R.A. Dickey.

    This trade needs to work for us or it'll be 2020 before we reach sea level again.
    Even if these guys don't pan out Dickey wasn't in the team's future plans nor was he going to make the Mets anything better than a fourth place team. To be honest the Mets can't lose in this. Alderson looks like a mastermind acquiring these prospects for Dickey if they reach their potential and even if they don't so what, you weren't going to seriously compete even with Dickey.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    340
    vCash
    1500
    Amazing guy, deserves the $ he got. I enjoyed watching him pitch, and will miss seeing him scrap at the plate!

    I'd be nice if the favorites could stay in the same uniform but sports aren't set up like that anymore. While Ill always be a Mets fan, I've learned to cheer for special players and not just a uniform. I'll always be a Dickey fan and wish him the best. He defined class while here. Kudos to management for getting what look like great pieces for RA.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    It was strange looking at the Mets roster - minus one R.A. Dickey.

    This trade needs to work for us or it'll be 2020 before we reach sea level again.
    I disagree. Having such a small payroll means we have flexibility. Should some of these prospects flounder (and no doubt some of them will) we'll have the ability to correct the mistakes through FA.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    370
    vCash
    1500
    Wow...I really thought he would get a bit more money from Toronto in the extension.

    Oh well Good Luck R. Eh. and thanks for the memories

    you know even if he doesn't do all that well this year for the Jays(which I don't see any sign of that happening) he can still hold his head up and be proud that he achieved a CAREERS worth of experiences in one season...think about it...Becoming an all-star....winning 20 games....winning the Cy-Young....now being an All-Star can be a multi-time event for a lot of guys...but how many pitchers have multiple 20W seasons or Mulitple Cy Youngs?(yes I know there are a few) but what I am saying is...even if he never reaches this pinnacle again...he lived a lifetime(in baseball terms) in 2012, and It was our honor and privilege to share in it with him.
    Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; 12-18-2012 at 06:45 AM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Clay won't have to worry anymore about my telling him I'll leave the light on for him.
    I'll Join.

    If your savior can get a GM to willfully to ask for Thole and Nickeas, then I believe.

    That's changing water into wine type of miracle.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32,112
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I'll Join.

    If your savior can get a GM to willfully to ask for Thole and Nickeas, then I believe.

    That's changing water into wine type of miracle.
    LOL! The good news is that I always said you don't need a church to worship Robert Allen. Feel free to hold his greatness in your heart.

    But the C of D is no more.
    "Gods always behave like the people who make them."

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T.O
    Posts
    517
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    One of the reasons why you listed Dickey as a top 10 Met of all-time is because he was traded for two top prospects.

    That =
    lol ungrateful much?
    Do The Twirk

  11. #56
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    299
    vCash
    1500
    It's been 2 1/2 years since this trade....are Mets fans happy with the return?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    6,974
    vCash
    1500

    Thank you R.A Dickey

    Yes. Travis is the real deal behind the dish and Noah will be making his mark sooner rather then later.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    13,342
    vCash
    1500

    Thank you R.A Dickey

    What about Beccera? Or whoever the third person in the deal was

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32,112
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    It's been 2 1/2 years since this trade....are Mets fans happy with the return?
    The former Bishop of the C of D must concede that yes, this was a good trade. A very good trade, in fact.

    Let us not forget my children that we also traded Josh Thole in that deal. Mr Thole right now is where he always belonged: In the minor leagues.

    Also wondering when and if we're ever going to hear from Mr. Beccera.
    "Gods always behave like the people who make them."

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    What about Beccera? Or whoever the third person in the deal was
    Buck was the 3rd person Beccera was the throw in for Josh Thole.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •