Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thank you R.A Dickey

Now that it looks like R.A Dickey is going to be a Blue Jay I figure I am going to make this thread to say thanks to R.A. When he came up 3 years ago I was not expecting what he gave the Mets and needless to say it has been one of the most pleasant suprises for me ever as a sports fan. This past season with Dickey winning 20 games and the cy young was the only reason Met games were interesting in the final few months. I saw him pitch a gem down in Washington, and I was even fortunate enough to be at the game against the Orioles when he threw a complete game 1 hit shutout.

I have met R.A Dickey once before and he was such a nice and down to earth man. I have read his book and his story and rise to the top is just absolutely incredible. I know that I will most certainly still be a huge R.A Dickey fan and I am rooting for him to kick *** in the American league.

So to Robert Alan Dickey thank you for 3 awesome years and I wish you nothing but success for years to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkiddvc20 View Post
    Now that it looks like R.A Dickey is going to be a Blue Jay I figure I am going to make this thread to say thanks to R.A. When he came up 3 years ago I was not expecting what he gave the Mets and needless to say it has been one of the most pleasant suprises for me ever as a sports fan. This past season with Dickey winning 20 games and the cy young was the only reason Met games were interesting in the final few months. I saw him pitch a gem down in Washington, and I was even fortunate enough to be at the game against the Orioles when he threw a complete game 1 hit shutout.

I have met R.A Dickey once before and he was such a nice and down to earth man. I have read his book and his story and rise to the top is just absolutely incredible. I know that I will most certainly still be a huge R.A Dickey fan and I am rooting for him to kick *** in the American league.

So to Robert Allen Dickey thank you for 3 awesome years and I wish you nothing but success for years to come.
    Fixed it for you.

And yes, the Bishop is heartbroken.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    We owe a lot to Mr. Dickey. He has brought some light into 3 somewhat dismal years for us Mets fans. He was fun to watch. I witnessed several of his victories at Citi, including 2 gems in late 2012. I admire and respect him as a man and enjoy and appreciate him as a player. He has given a great deal to us, and now, in a final act of giving, he gives us 2 superb prospects that can help the Mets return to relevancy in the NL East in short order. I tip my hat and raise my glass to a great person. Robert Allen Dickey.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Fixed it for you.

And yes, the Bishop is heartbroken.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMiVeK5zGz8

While I'm going to miss the Dickster, I'm very excited for our future.

vCash
    Has to be a top 10 Met of all time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I hope he wins another Cy Young in T-Dot.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Happy to see him going to the A.L. East where rooting for him to kick some Yankee *** will be conflict free.

vCash
    Funny how it works.

This nomad of a pitcher, who was one of the few bright spots during an abysmal period of hopelessness for this team, may also be the man who's departure finally saves the organization.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Thanks R.A. Dickey!
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    A consumate team player. Even in the sadness of departure, he opens a door to our future with a couple of good prospects. If you think about it, this may be his opportunity to the post season, outside of Santana, can't think of another Met so deserving an opportunity. Certainly ours is 2+ years away at earliest.

Thank you for the memories RA, you drove me to the TV every fifth day with hope!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Has to be a top 10 Met of all time.
    You've got to be kidding. Slobber on his knob some more...
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    Is it official??

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Very sad......

Good bye R.A. You are one tremendous pitcher and person and I hope you win a WS with the Blue Jays.....

Hopefully, this Travis guy stays healthy and does as well, if not better in the Bigs than he did in the minors.

It's about time we had a solid young catcher that we can build around. Now, lets hope we can get a solid CF.

Still, need more pitching. We are lacking quality depth. The young guys can't be relied on for a full year and need to establish themselves.

Right now, with the loss of R.A. we are no more than a 70 win team.....

Still, we are 2015 from competing with the big boys.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Is it official??
    I don't believe he has signed the extension, but I may be wrong.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Mostro View Post
    You've got to be kidding. Slobber on his knob some more...
    Only one of three Mets to win a Cy Young award. Folk hero. Amazing person. Brought in two top prospects. The impact he's had on the fanbase is beyond amazing. So yes.

Also, Hunter S. Thompson blows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast