RHP Noah Syndergaard
    RHP Michael Fulmer
    3B/1B Wilmer Flores
    SS Gavin Cecchini
    ​RHP Domingo Tapia
    RHP Jeurys Familia
    OF Brandon Nimmo
    RHP Rafael Montero

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    1. Zack Wheeler
    #1 starter upside, Plus-plus fastball, plus curve, average slider, average changeup; ; impressive command of secondaries

2. Travis d'Arnaud
    Could be a future All-Star.

3. Noah Syndergaard
    Plus-plus fastball, can touch elite velocity, with heavy sinky; throws strikes; needs improvement on curveball and changeup

4. Michael Fulmer
    Top 101 prospect in baseball.

5. Wilmer Flores
    Average hit tool, plus power potential to hit .270 with 17-25 HR.

6. Gavin Cecchini
    Average or better tools except for power; average defensive SS; most likely excellent overall baseball skills and instincts

7. Domingo Tapia
    Explosive fastball, works 94-97 and a tad higher

8. Jeurys Familia
    Plus-plus fastball velocity, above average slider. Still needs to refine command.

9. Brandon Nimmo
    Average or better across the board with his tools, but lacks the impact tools to be an impact talent if he moves to a corner spot.

10. Rafael Montero
    Plus fastball, above average slider with great command; easy delivery and has an excellent feel for pitching.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Nice list. I like that someone finally threw the #1 starter upside on what of our pitching prospects.

I disagree with Flores having an average hit tool. How can it be average when he barely strikes out and hit .300 as a 20 year old between A+/AA?

vCash
    BTW Sickels said a trusted source told him that Noah's secondaries improved to the point where the A- grade was necessary. He thinks that scouts could be using old reports on his secondaries and feels they may be underrated now.

It's hard to dominate like Syndergaard did across the board without having adequate secondaries.

vCash
    The Flores thing is strange considering he has always been considered a good contract type hitter.

I've always thought it was his power that was the concern if he was going to a corner position.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Jason Parks
    Easily a top 15 system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Jason Parks
    Easily a top 15 system.
    Obviously. Should be Top 10 though.

vCash
    jason Parks
    Yep. Big impact in the top guys; quality profiles in the middle-tier; newfound depth at the lowest levels. This is a good system. It's not elite, but they have some dudes.

vCash
    Jason Parks
    (on Flores)
    I never thought his bat was special. He can make a ton of contact, but that doesn't mean he can always make good contact. It's almost Vitters like. The swing is nice and the coordination is excellent, but the decision making doesn't allow the tool to execute at a high level. Making contact on a ball that you can't drive is a waste, and most likely an out.

If he can hit .270 (5 hit tool) with 4 game power (11-17 HR), that will keep him playing everyday. Not sure at what position or with what team, but somebody will find that production appealing.

vCash
    But he still hit .300 with more power and still a very low K rate at 20 years old... lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But he still hit .300 with more power and still a very low K rate at 20 years old... lol
    And the decision making is maybe the most likely thing to improve for a 20 year-old just getting exposed to upper levels. Really, the increase in power is partly because the decision making has improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    And the decision making is maybe the most likely thing to improve for a 20 year-old just getting exposed to upper levels. Really, the increase in power is partly because the decision making has improved.
    Yup exactly, Parks was never a fan of Flores from what I've read over the years so his bias is at work there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yup exactly, Parks was never a fan of Flores from what I've read over the years so his bias is at work there.
    Yeah, it sounds like last years report. He did improve some. At this point, only if you think the bat speed is suspect and he won't be able to make similar adjustments to MLB pitching does he end up only a .270 hitter. That's possible. Nick Evans hit .298 in AA, but he was also 22 years old when he got there.