Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trade question

vCash
    Not that I wouldn't want Reddick, but I don't see him ever really hitting for a good avg and wouldn't be surprised if he settles more around the 22-25 HR range.

I bet we'd have a shot at Justin Upton if we wanted to trade both Syndergaard and Flores in one deal, and I'd definitely rather have Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    There's always Justin Upton.
    funny i made my Upton post a second ago before I saw this.... thinkin alike i see.

vCash
    Well average isn't all that important if he's getting on base and hitting for power. Reddick also plays above average defense. He would also be cheaper than Upton. If the package is right, I'll take Upton, but I think Reddick can be a decent corner outfielder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Flores value should only go up with some time in Las Vegas and let's see if Reddick can have more than one good season. He fell off hard at the end.

vCash
    Getting Reddick would be a great move but idk if I would like it at that price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    It's a fair trade.

Syndegard may have a high ceiling but Reddick is young, outstanding defensively, had a 4.8 WAR season, is under control, and has a lot of pop. Not to mention Flores has no position with us.
    A's aren't making that deal. Reddick has significant power. Flores does not, and his bat is still a question at the MLB level. He hasnt even played above AA. Syndegaard is too far away. If you want Reddick you'll need to deal players closer to the MLB level.

vCash
    I like Reddick, but I'm not giving up Syndergaard for him. We should not be dealing prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I like Reddick, but I'm not giving up Syndergaard for him. We should not be dealing prospects.
    i was just asking if it made sense to deal prospect at positions we dont need for prospects at positions we do need. if they grade out the same whats the difference? any other posssible targets besides the A's kid?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSCOURGE View Post
    i was just asking if it made sense to deal prospect at positions we dont need for prospects at positions we do need. if they grade out the same whats the difference? any other posssible targets besides the A's kid?
    We are rebuilding. We don't "need" anything right now. When the right moves present themselves, they will happen. Right now, we cannot be trading away young assets unless they have no future with us(Flores)

vCash
    First off, let's stop the "flip Syndergaard" talk. Sandy worked hard to acquire him and he has a very good chance to be a #2 or 3 in our rotation in a couple of years.

Regarding trade opportunities, we need a CF/leadoff man more than anything. We didn't get it in Gose, so we need to look elsewhere. There aren't any viable FA CFs left. (Unfortunately, Bourn seems out of the question for us now.) Before we go after a power bat/corner OF we should be thinking of a CF.

More likely than trading Reddick, the A's would probably be more willing to move Coco Crisp. Crisp is a switch hitter who could bat at the top of the order and be a base stealing threat every time he is on base.

The other possible opportunity for a CF is Alejandro De Aza. A LH batter, not quite as fleet as Crisp, but a better hitter, and younger, cheaper, and controllable for longer.

I'm thinkin' I'd try to get De Aza
    Last edited by dunbummin; 12-17-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    These kinds of trades happen. You'd have to look for a team with a glut of outfielders. A name which has appeared often in these forums is Josh Reddick. He's only 25 and has already hit for power. I'm sure we could trade some pitching to the A's for Reddick.
    He just strikesout way too much (151 times) and has a poor OBP (.305), not to mention he hit only .242 for Oakland. The Mets can't afford to get rid of any pitching for a poor contact hitter. Granted he hit 32 homers but the Mets don't need a homerun or nothing player, they already have Lucas Duda in the OF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    First off, let's stop the "flip Syndergaard" talk. Sandy worked hard to acquire him and he has a very good chance to be a #2 or 3 in our rotation in a couple of years.

Regarding trade opportunities, we need a CF/leadoff man more than anything. We didn't get it in Gose, so we need to look elsewhere. There aren't any viable FA CFs left. (Unfortunately, Bourn seems out of the question for us now.) Before we go after a power bat/corner OF we should be thinking of a CF.

More likely than trading Reddick, the A's would probably be more willing to move Coco Crisp. Crisp is a switch hitter who could bat at the top of the order and be a base stealing threat every time he is on base.

The other possible opportunity for a CF is Alejandro De Aza. A LH batter, not quite as fleet as Crisp, but a better hitter, and younger, cheaper, and controllable for longer.

I'm thinkin' I'd try to get De Aza
    You're right Sandy worked hard on this deal, to end up giving Billy Beane what he wants is bad business. Of course a GM like Beane would like to get a top prospect for Reddick's one good homerun year and he may get that from someone else but let that other New York team do it, the Mets can't make bad moves like that at this point or at anytime for that matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    He just strikesout way too much (151 times) and has a poor OBP (.305), not to mention he hit only .242 for Oakland. The Mets can't afford to get rid of any pitching for a poor contact hitter. Granted he hit 32 homers but the Mets don't need a homerun or nothing player, they already have Lucas Duda in the OF.
    Dave Hudgens would work with him to improve his plate discipline as he did with the entire Mets team last season. If Reddick can be a .240/.330/.500 guy then the low average is insignificant, especially considering Reddick plays defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Dave Hudgens would work with him to improve his plate discipline as he did with the entire Mets team last season. If Reddick can be a .240/.330/.500 guy then the low average is insignificant, especially considering Reddick plays defense.
    Did he?

vCash
    Being that the Mets OBP was #20 of the 30 teams in MLB last year, maybe not!
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast