Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    has that been adjusted since the beginning of the season? I think those are the same he posted in preseason.
    They adjust after every game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    has that been adjusted since the beginning of the season? I think those are the same he posted in preseason.

Hollinger's NBA Playoff Odds are updated automatically each night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Hollinger is so crazy with his made-up stats.
    It's basically just simulated results.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...edictor-081119

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor17 View Post
    You are right, but the point I'm trying to make is that there are always good players to come out of every draft. Last year was supposed to be really weak draft class but there were a lot of good players to come out (maybe not many all-stars other than Irving, but a lot of solid players). At this point the Raps can't afford to give away draft picks like the Lakers or Heat could
    ummmm....last year's draft was not considered weak by anyone.

2013 is supposed to be weak and 2014 is supposed to be strong. Especially at a position where we have a need, SF.

So yes if we are going to get a mid first round pick I would rather have it next year rather than this year. That is not being pessimistic or negative but being intelligent and recognizing where this franchise currently finds itself.

As for the playoffs, it is starting to become more realistic. If we can have a solid January because of the favourable schedule we could climb back into the race. Still not a believer though.

vCash
    strength of schedule and differential play a big part in his formula. not a terribly surprising result considering our early schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    They adjust after every game.
    cool cool. I was looking for a date on the page, couldn't find one. cheers.

vCash
    Raps can make it. They had a tough schedule and then a lug like Bargs to boot who has no heart and doesnt want to play with passion.

Got through the toughest part of their schedule this year, plus Bargs is out, so they can definitely make a run for it. Philly and Boston have a tough schedule ongoing and Brooklyn has a killer schedule in March.

Its very possible...add one or two pieces during the deadline. They need a big man to play with Val and a SF to replace Pietrus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Raps can make it. They had a tough schedule and then a lug like Bargs to boot who has no heart and doesnt want to play with passion.

Got through the toughest part of their schedule this year, plus Bargs is out, so they can definitely make a run for it. Philly and Boston have a tough schedule ongoing and Brooklyn has a killer schedule in March.

Its very possible...add one or two pieces during the deadline. They need a big man to play with Val and a SF to replace Pietrus.
    i agree we need another big man but unless we can get a star 3 for bargs or something then why give up assets for another average guy at the 3.. i once like grey but he hasn't been playing as good as last year. i know he wasn't amazing but for his role was ok. goes to show how much we already rely on val. he should be back in the next couple weeks, don't see him taking any more time then he needs.

vCash
    I have to think that these next 10 games we will see where were really at. 7-3 is possible but a 6-4 is more likely and 8-2 or better is pretty much what it's going to take. We need to start beating some good teams if were ever even going to think about playoffs. 8 of are next 10 are at home with road games against Philly and Brooklyn both must wins and home games against OKC, CHI and LA being very hard games but must take at least 1 of these. The others Por,Sac,Philly,cha and Mil all home games we have to get at least 4 of 5 of these.

vCash
    no way no how .... lets use the current standings by which we are 11th and i dont c any team we r better than above us except orlando. maybe mil as well but that still puts us at 9 and thats a stretch. lets no give our hopes up with high expectations.

However i do see a little bit of hope recently with the development of ross and the cont'd development of derozan.

vCash
    Right now we are 3.5 games out of the 8th spot.

8th Seed Boston - 7.5 GB
    9th Seed Philly - 8GB
    10th Seed Magic - 10GB
    11th Seed Raps - 11GB

7 Of Next 8 Games are at home

4 Sub 500 teams - Por, Sac, Philly, Charlotte

3 Middle Of The Road Teams - Chicago (16-13), Milwaukee (16-13), Brooklyn (16-14)

One Elite Team in OKC

Following this portion our schedule is pretty average from the look of it.

If we can go like 6-2 in this 8 then we would be 17-22, 5 games below 500 and right in the mix for the 8th seed (current 8th seed is 2 games below 500)

vCash
    We need to go on a few 5 game winning streaks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post

8th Seed Boston - 7.5 GB
    9th Seed Philly - 8GB
    10th Seed Magic - 10GB
    11th Seed Raps - 11GB

3 Middle Of The Road Teams - Chicago (16-13), Milwaukee (16-13), Brooklyn (16-14)

One Elite Team in OKC

If we can go like 6-2 in this 8 then we would be 17-22, 5 games below 500 and right in the mix for the 8th seed (current 8th seed is 2 games below 500)
    Nice post, puts things into perspective.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post

8th Seed Boston - 7.5 GB
    9th Seed Philly - 8GB
    10th Seed Magic - 10GB
    11th Seed Raps - 11GB

One Elite Team in OKC

Teams that worry me are Portland, OKC, Milwaukee and Chicago.

The bulls and Bucks we haven't faced yet this year so hard to tell how we will play against them. I see us losing to OKC but game will be closer this time around this team has too much pride right now to get blown out again by them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Teams that worry me are Portland, OKC, Milwaukee and Chicago.

The bulls and Bucks we haven't faced yet this year so hard to tell how we will play against them. I see us losing to OKC but game will be closer this time around this team has too much pride right now to get blown out again by them.
    I say we're about due for a win against an elite team this season...even the worst teams usually have at least 1. I say it will come down to the wire, with the Raps taking it. Or maybe I'm just saying that because I'm going to the game and I really really wanna see them win

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast