Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    We won't make it unless we go on a miracle 10 game winning streak and that's impossible. Anyways we need to finish in the middle of the pack so OKC gets our pick. I rather give it to them in a weak draft class.
    Well we have already won 2 and 7 of our next 8 are against bottom feeder teams. Not necessarily out of the question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    It definitely puts us right in the mix, but this season in particular I have a feeling that we would probably need to be a couple games over to be 8th seed
    Not in the east this year. I think 8th spot will go to a team 4 or 5 games under .500.

vCash
    bla
    Last edited by the life; 12-18-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    1) if casey can bring lowry on the same with his strategy (or keep his disturbances at minimum)
    2) if bargani's role is reduced drastically (of the bench)
    3) if the players stay healthy

the team has a chance to make the playoff.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    we're dooomedd!!

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    Yes, just keep Bargs away. Have him come off the bench.

Also Lowry needs to tighten his defense and stop taking stupid shots. Hopefully he gets healed up and plays to the level he did the first few games...we need that Lowry, not the other 10 or so games where he sucked bad!

vCash
    yeah it could happen.. probably won't tho

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Not in the east this year. I think 8th spot will go to a team 4 or 5 games under .500.
    Well theres 9 teams at or above 500 right now in the east. Bulls, sixers and pacers are each missing key guys that will probably make them improve as the season goes on. Then theres Boston who always seems to start off slow and then pick it up later on. Then theres still Milwaukee and Brooklyn as well. East isnt as top heavy but theres a number of teams now that could compete for the final 2-4 spots not even including us if we were to still get it together somehow.

Also Philly, the 8th seed last year was 2 games above 500

vCash
    There's always a chance they make it and if they do I'd be ecstatic! but...I'm more interested in seeing them play with effort and be consistent. if that gets them into the playoffs awesome...if not I'll still be very happy.

vCash
    i think, at the rate we are going, that we will be close but not close enough, in the same Raptors fashion. Let OKC get our pick and we will be fine and dandy.

vCash
    It is weird to say but I am actually fine with not making the playoffs only because of that pick. I would obviously be quite pleased with playoffs. I just don't see it happening.

Continue to play as a team and grow. If we get to see continued growth from Derozan, Ross, Davis and Val I think we should all be satisfied. Regardless of what point guard is helping that the most. Calderon is making a case to be kept right now. I think he gives us time to develop our own point guard. I no longer have faith in Lowry as the pg of the future.

Wow that was hard to write...lol

vCash
    We won't make it unless we go on a miracle 10 game winning streak and that's impossible. Anyways we need to finish in the middle of the pack so OKC gets our pick. I rather give it to them in a weak draft class.
    I hate when people say this because in every draft good players come out and okc has had the best draft luck in the last few years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor17 View Post
    I hate when people say this because in every draft good players come out and okc has had the best draft luck in the last few years
    What does their luck have to do with us. Would you not rather test their luck in a weaker draft than in a deeper more talented draft? If I was certain we would absolutely make the playoffs then forget OKC but it's not looking that way so give it to them now rather than later.

vCash
    What does their luck have to do with us. Would you not rather test their luck in a weaker draft than in a deeper more talented draft? If I was certain we would absolutely make the playoffs then forget OKC but it's not looking that way so give it to them now rather than later.
    You are right, but the point I'm trying to make is that there are always good players to come out of every draft. Last year was supposed to be really weak draft class but there were a lot of good players to come out (maybe not many all-stars other than Irving, but a lot of solid players). At this point the Raps can't afford to give away draft picks like the Lakers or Heat could

vCash
    Well to get in the playoffs we generally have to finish 500 if Raptors make a blockbuster deal all they have to do is go 12 games over 500 for the rest of their games to finish 500 or 1 or 2 games over that is not a big ask they just have to keep winning then make a big trade to get them over the hump then they will have even more cap space in the summer to see where to adjust as well as derozan ross davis Lowry and JV still developing the future can be bright if BC gets a good deal for Calderon and bargnani

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast