Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    I agree on the 9th seed part, but I think our win total will be higher. I see us ending up with 37-40 wins and just missing the postseason.

Unless our momentum carries us from these next 8 games and we end up going like 13-7 over our next 20 then we likely wont make it, but I still think that playoffs should be our goal for this season regardless
    We'd need to go like 30 and 27 the rest of the year to get that much wins. I think more realistic is a 43% win percentage the rest of the season assuming we make no trades and most people are healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    I could realistically see us going something like 6-2
    You and I don't agree on what the word "realistically" means .

Personally, I think the teams we are playing against are weak enough that we can go .500 during the stretch, but no more. We are right in the middle of that pack of weak teams. The last two games we won featured some uncharacteristic performances from players that don't normally play like that. We got some fluke achievements, one from Kleiza, one from Anderson, and neither is likely to keep up for an 8 game stretch. They couldn't even do it for two games, really -- they each scored only 2 points in the other games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post

Personally, I think the teams we are playing against are weak enough that we can go .500 during the stretch, but no more. We are right in the middle of that pack of weak teams. The last two games we won featured some uncharacteristic performances from players that don't normally play like that. We got some fluke achievements, one from Kleiza, one from Anderson, and neither is likely to keep up for an 8 game stretch. They couldn't even do it for two games, really -- they each scored only 2 points in the other games.
    Kleiza yeah for sure but Anderson can give you that well maybe not 20 but he gives you points. With him I'm not concerned about his offense but rather his defense. Look at friday he was like 0-8 but he defense on carter and Mayo was great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post

I thought about the bolded part as well before I made this thread, but I think thats just more of a product of not having a go to wing scorer more than anything. The difference the last two games imo has been that we have played well enough defensively to give ourselves a chance to win despite our team being offensively lacking without Bargnani. I just see it as us playing more of a team game with Lowry and Bargs out and as a result different guys are stepping up to fill the void. Ross and Kleiza one game, Anderson and Jose/Ed the next. I dont expect them all to perform like that every night. If they did then we'd win every game . Besides, Kleiza has always been streaky as hell. He averages like 8ppg but if you look at his game logs he never gets that lol. Its either 15 pts or 2 pts every time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    We'd need to go like 30 and 27 the rest of the year to get that much wins. I think more realistic is a 43% win percentage the rest of the season assuming we make no trades and most people are healthy.
    32-25 would give us a 38-44 record. Again I think itl depend on how we do these next 8 games. If we have one good stretch here of like 7-3 in our next 10 games against teams we "should be beating" then we would just need to play 500 ball the rest of the season which imo is attainable.

If we end up blowing some of these though and going 5-5 or something then your prediction seems pretty accurate.

vCash
    hell no

vCash
    Nope. Too late for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    nope
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    LOOOOOOOOOOL

no.

vCash
    No. We could finish 10th but we lost too many close ones early in the season and there have been too many injuries to bridge the divide.

vCash
    We won't make it unless we go on a miracle 10 game winning streak and that's impossible. Anyways we need to finish in the middle of the pack so OKC gets our pick. I rather give it to them in a weak draft class.

vCash
    The raptors should be trying to get back to the .500 mark before the end of the season. Hopefuly Bargnani will be gone until then to give us a chance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    The raptors should be trying to get back to the .500 mark before the end of the season. Hopefuly Bargnani will be gone until then to give us a chance
    You don't think a .500 record gets them into the playoffs? I think it definitely could.

vCash
    While it is unlikely, I still believe it is possible. Injuries can derail a season for any team and it all it takes is for a few of the teams in front of us to face some injury trouble later in the season and the Raps could be right back in it. Now this is keeping in mind that the Raptors continue to play the mistake free basketball they have played over the last two games and Bargnani when he returns does not revert back to being Mr. Brick City.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    You don't think a .500 record gets them into the playoffs? I think it definitely could.
    It definitely puts us right in the mix, but this season in particular I have a feeling that we would probably need to be a couple games over to be 8th seed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast