Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    With each W it is become more plausible. Should be fun to watch. Which in and of itself will be a nice change.

vCash
    Boston, Philly and Orlando all lost tonight.

Boston 8.5 GB
    Philly 8.5 GB
    Toronto 11 GB
    Orlando 11 GB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    Nice post, puts things into perspective.
    Thanks, that was the goal

vCash
    12-20 Record now with this win

-8 Games below .500
    -Now moved up to 10th in the East
    -2.5 Games back of Boston and Philly who are tied for 8th
    -Still Fairly soft schedule on the horizon
    -Team chemistry is at the highest Ive seen in a while going in the midst of this stretch

Its looking good for playoffs contention right about now.

I see us ending up somewhere like 4 or 5 games under .500 by the end of this stretch putting us firmly in the convo for playoffs for the remainder of the year if we play .500 ball from then on out (granted Philly and Boston would have to stay sucking hard for us to make it at that rate)

vCash
    8-5 at home and 4-15 on the road.

28 home games left
    22 road games left

If they play .500 basketball on the road (11 wins), they need to at least be 8 games above 500(18-10)on the road if they want to reach 41 wins.

Tough but it is possible if they win some games against tier 1 teams and win most games against tier 2-3 teams.

It will also depend on what Colangelo can do before the deadline.

If Boston continue to struggle close to the deadline then I think Ainge may raise the white flag and trade Garnett and Pierce, eventually going the rebuild route. However if they stay afloat, they may pursue that Demarcus Cousin rumor and time will tell if that will pan out.

Philly and I think another team should drop before the Raps can get in comfortably and take that last spot. I predict that the Bucks is that team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by albertajaysfan View Post
    Boston, Philly and Orlando all lost tonight.

Boston 8.5 GB
    Philly 8.5 GB
    Toronto 11 GB
    Orlando 11 GB
    I think Boston is toast. They aren't as good as they think they are. Toronto seems to be turning the right direction unlike your competitors. I mean if Boston and Philly are your only competition, than they shouldn't have a hard time beating them.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post
    I think Boston is toast. They aren't as good as they think they are. Toronto seems to be turning the right direction unlike your competitors. I mean if Boston and Philly are your only competition, than they shouldn't have a hard time beating them.
    I agree but I am not getting my hopes up just yet. We are definitely in a better position then we were a month ago.

The thing with Boston is you never know because Ainge could do something crazy to save their season.

vCash
    13-22

9 Games Below 500, 10th Place In The East

5.5 Games Back Of Milwaukee For 7th
    5.0 Gb of Boston For 8th
    1.0 Gb of Philly for 9th

6 Games Left Until The Halfway Point Of The Season

With Philly on a major slide we are probably poised to overtake them fairly soon.

Boston historically picks it up second half of the season so they arent likely to miss the playoffs. If any team is gonna drop out its probably gonna be Milwaukee, especially after losing their coach. Brooklyn and even Atlanta are outsider picks as well.

To make it we probably gotta go like at least 27-20 the remainder of the way. Assuming no changes come Trade Deadline, I expect us to close the gap but finish 9th just missing by like a game or so.

A lot can change before then though

Im just happy to be actually talking playoffs with the Raps for once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by albertajaysfan View Post
    I agree but I am not getting my hopes up just yet. We are definitely in a better position then we were a month ago.

The thing with Boston is you never know because Ainge could do something crazy to save their season.
    Ya not to mention Boston historically finishes the season way better than they start it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    Ya not to mention Boston historically finishes the season way better than they start it
    gotta go with a winning record of 28-19 (or .595 winning record) to finish .500

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456