Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good to see more Lions fans, unfortunately at the moment there arent a lot of Lions fans, but there are a few so the community is growing. But you all do have a nice growing core especially with the growth Roy Williams has made.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I've never had the pleasure to see a Lions game in Detroit but, have seen them play the last 3 years in Dallas and was really surprised at how many Lions fans there were. I'm afraid that alot of them are like way too many other fans, only a fan when things are going good, which for the Lions has been along time. We'll see them crawl out of the wood work in another year or so, when things start getting good, which will be sooner than later!

vCash
    Yea thats how a lot of fans work, only support the team when things are going well.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea thats how a lot of fans work, only support the team when things are going well.
    yea but thats wrong true fans support one team and one team only.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Thats why I dont consider them fans. A fan is someone who loves their team when their up and bleeds for them when their down. I know most everyone hates Matt Millen, and with good reason but, I truely believe things are starting to head in the right direction. I know its hard to understand that after a 3-13 season. If things dont begin to improve drastically this season he should be gone, not that there aren't plenty of reasons why he shouldn't already be gone.

vCash
    Oh baby! Just found this site and I love to see Lions fans, there is none around me. I'm trapped by those boring Brownie fans. I think this past year was a step back for our step forward. This year our offense performed and unlike last year all but 2 losses were by 7 points or less. We had a lot more bright spots on the offensive side and we need to pick up a DB this offseason with some depth at the offensive line. Martz needs to stay a Lion.

vCash
    i think your right on all accounts. I really think Martz is good for them and that they will only get better with him there. My biggest concern with them is the O-line, and I'm sure they will address that in the draft and via free agency. Having to listen to the Browns fans, can it be as bad as listening to the Chiefs fans?
    Last edited by motownfrog; 02-11-2007 at 09:30 PM.

vCash
    Let me first off say that I really do hate Millen. I respected him as a football player, but as an executive he has really stunk up the joint. I hated how he treated Johnny Morton, I hate how he introduced Raiders-black to the classic old-school Lions uniform, and I hate how he isolated himself from the city from day one by commuting from Pennsylvania. He had enough chances spent before last season and for him to still be here, is just beyond me. I don't buy the argument that if you fire Millen, then you lose Marinelli and Martz. Both are the most respected football coaches in the league and any GM would keep them around for the sake of the current team. The reason why Millen is still GM is for the same reasons why Ford Motors is in the p**per...bad executive talent who have no clue what they are doing.

Marinelli and Martz are the right guys for the Lions and although I really thought last season would be the breakout year, I am confident that good results and better breaks will come next season. In my opinion though, the Lions really need to shore on the areas where they are clearly deficient...the hideously meek offensive line, and where they have grossly underperformed throughout the Millen era and we need more Marinelli-type players like Ernie Sims on defense and less of flakey, unreliable players as Shawn Rogers and Dre Bly.

There are alot of areas where the Lions have to shore up to even think playoffs for 2007, but I do think they are in the right direction competing in 2007.
    Last edited by mOrphosis; 02-11-2007 at 10:17 PM.

vCash
    there is no way to defend Millen, his record is inexcusable. I agree with you about Rod and Martz, they should have nothing to worry about, and don't. Why Millen is still around is one of the great mysteries of the century. He will never have another job as G.M I have always wondered what he could have on Ford to have been able to keep his job this long, its not because of productivity. Rod will have the Lions playing at 110% next year. The Lions win at Dallas to end the season last year (in my opinion), was absolutely HUGE. They had every chance to quit and never did. They were also in most every game till the 4th quarter. They need some O-line help, and with some more victories will come confidence, and with confidence will come wins. Maybe too big of a jump to make it to playoffs in '07 but, definitely by '08, " I Guarantee It".

vCash
    1. Location: Mt Pleasant

2. Favorite Current Lion: Roy Williams

3. Favorite Former Lion: Chris Spielman

4 Other teams in the NFL you root for? The Eagles....always been a fan of that teams defense

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Hometown fan of every other sport franchise (Piston, Tigers, Redwings)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    1. Location: Mt Pleasant

2. Favorite Current Lion: Roy Williams

3. Favorite Former Lion: Chris Spielman

4 Other teams in the NFL you root for? The Eagles....always been a fan of that teams defense

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Hometown fan of every other sport franchise (Piston, Tigers, Redwings)
    WElcome to the lions forum,

vCash
    1. Location - Chatham, Ontario

2. Favorite Current Lion - Ernie Sims

3. Favorite Former Lion - Barry Sanders

4 Other teams in the NFL you root for? Jacksonville Jaguars - I love the intensity of coach Jack Del Rio and the players. I love how they play better against better opponents. I want the Lions to emulate them.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Hockey (Montreal Canadiens) Baseball (Detroit Tigers)

6. Anything else you care to share? I hope the Lions trade the 2nd overall pick for a number of picks to address numerous holes. But of course, we have the dumbest GM in the league so I doubt we'll do anything intelligent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    1. Location - Chatham, Ontario

2. Favorite Current Lion - Ernie Sims

3. Favorite Former Lion - Barry Sanders

4 Other teams in the NFL you root for? Jacksonville Jaguars - I love the intensity of coach Jack Del Rio and the players. I love how they play better against better opponents. I want the Lions to emulate them.

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for? Hockey (Montreal Canadiens) Baseball (Detroit Tigers)

6. Anything else you care to share? I hope the Lions trade the 2nd overall pick for a number of picks to address numerous holes. But of course, we have the dumbest GM in the league so I doubt we'll do anything intelligent.
    welcome to the forum.

vCash
    1. Location: Mass

2. Favorite Current Lion: Teddy Lehman

3. Favorite Former Lion: Barry Sanders

4 Other teams in the NFL you root for? Patriots,Jaguars

5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?
    Redsox

15. 03-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Reason
    post padding.....repeating same post in various threads

16. 03-12-2007, 06:46 PM

Reason
    post padding

vCash
    1. Location
    2. Favorite Current Lion
    3. Favorite Former Lion
    4 Other teams in the NFL you root for?
    5. Other sports you enjoy? What other sporting teams do you root for?
    6. Anything else you care to share?

1. Philadelphia
    2. Mike Williams
    3. Jeff Garcia
    4. EAGLES, Cardinals
    5. Basketball: Villanova Sixers, Baseball: Phillies, CFootball: USC

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast