Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Ngata: Rice would be a great addition to Lions

With Justin Forsett re-signed by the Ravens and DeMarco Murray landed in Philadelphia, the free agent pool of running backs is thinning considerably.

Yet one player who remains very much available is Ray Rice, who has been a free agent since late November, when he won his appeal against the indefinite suspension handed down by the league.

And one former Raven says he'd support a reunion with that other former Raven.

Haloti Ngata, now of the Detroit Lions, told a Detroit radio station that he thinks Rice would be "a great addition to this team."

The Lions could be in the market for a running back to share duties with Joique Bell after releasing Reggie Bush as a cap casualty. They are expected to address the position in the draft as well.

Speaking on CBS Radio's Stoney and Bill Show in Detroit, Ngata said that Rice is "a great guy on the field, in the locker room, hes a great community guy, he does a lot for the community, and so of course I think he would be a great addition to this team. I love playing with him. I trusted him. You feel bad for his situation. You just hope nothing but the best for him.

Keep in mind that the Lions are coached by Jim Caldwell, who was with Rice for two seasons in Baltimore. And a limited role for Rice, playing for a familiar coach, could be his entry back into the league -- if it comes at all.
    http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/rav...bcs&ocid=yahoo

vCash
    No thanks.

Rice was on a decline even prior to the off the field incident. His numbers have been going down for the last 3 years and that's with a Baltimore o-line that's pretty good (see what they did for Forsett this year or at least what Kubiak did). He's 28 so technically he's in his prime but he's also had a lot of carries in Baltimore which has slowed him down a bit. Added to the fact that he does have that bad public image at the moment and is declining in skills it just isn't worth the headache. This draft class is also so talented at running backs that signing a free agent running back, even one without the baggage, isn't worth it in my eyes. Unless you can find prime Adrian Peterson in free agency it isn't worth skipping this RB class imo.

vCash
    No

****ing

Thanks
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    I agree with you there's better options out there than Rice but I think adding Rice could be a possibility due to our Baltimore connections. Caldwell, Austin, now Ngata who was one of the leaders for the Ravens. Ngata & Austin are defensive guys but Caldwell was their OC so I'm sure he had 1on1 time with Rice multiple times. IDK how he feels about Rice before or after the incident...but if he truly think he's a good guy I don't see why not give him a second chance. Like I said there are better options out there but unless the Lions go high for a RB in the draft I would give Rice a shot on this team versus some FA RBs like Ahmad Bradsaw, Knowshown Moreno, Steven Jackson, or Trent Richardson.

vCash
    Why take away snaps from Theo Riddick, Joique Bell, and the guy we inevitably draft for Ray Rice? No Thanks pass 11 times out of 10

Joc Pederson Time in LA

Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

vCash
    RB draft class is too deep and it will take away from Theo and Bell. If it happens whatever it's not the worst thing in the world but I'd say no thanks to Rice as well.

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES.

vCash
    Haloti clearly doesn't know the Ford family very well yet. I mean, we don't have cheerleaders because they're not seen as "family friendly", for christsakes. No way in hell Rice gets the nod.

vCash
    Id rather sign Pierre Thomas than Rice.

vCash
    Rice is on the Steelers anyways
    POP! POP!

vCash
    As of March 15th I'm pretty sure he's still a free agent....

vCash
    Rice is cooked.

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    If we can get him at a discount price fine. I like Bell but Riddick is nobody special to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    If we can get him at a discount price fine. I like Bell but Riddick is nobody special to me.
    Did you watch Riddick last season? He looked like a special back in terms of catching it out of the backfield...

vCash
    Riddick IMO will always be behind the 8ball here simply because we put so much stock into Bell. I don't see Reddick ever being able to eclipse Bell but we could easily sign a guy or draft one who could...it sucks but that's what it looks like on the surface with our RBs

vCash
    Ameer Abdullah had a solid Senior Bowl performance. He will probably be the pick in the 2nd round. I completed a mock draft for the 1st 2 rounds on Walter Football. Check it out. Still more work to be done and I am not doing any trades at this time. Feel free to comment and rate if you guys want to.

http://walterfootball.com/Mocks/Mock/34087

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast