Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: In honor of #20

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    28,733
    vCash
    1435

    In honor of #20

    https://www.facebook.com/CBSSports/p...263355221773:0
    Happy birthday to Barry!

    Did any of you guys see him play?

    What's your favorite Barry highlight?


    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 6 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14 & #24
    2014-2015 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    16,780
    vCash
    500
    I saw the title & thought he died!


    2015 Lions Forum Poster Of The Year

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    14,299
    vCash
    1500
    I saw the title & thought RB#20 died!


    2015 Sig of the YEAR

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    16,780
    vCash
    500


    2015 Lions Forum Poster Of The Year

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,130
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I saw the title & thought RB#20 died!
    I saw this and thought I was getting elected into the PSD Hall of Fame!

    2015 PSD Lions Forum Rookie of the year
    (7 years in the making )
    2x Nominee 2015 Post of the Year.
    2015 PSD Lions Forum Runner-up Poster of the Year.

    RB#20. Making PSD Marketable Again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    18,889
    vCash
    500
    I'm trying to think of my favorite Barry runs, the one where he turns around the NE safety twice comes to mind, also the Cowboys run whool posted, 70 yard run against Tampa with only 1 shoe, there's so many! I have this old VHS from Meijer that I wish was converted to DVD so I could marvel at all the spectacular runs.

    Has any pro athlete flat out embarrassed his opponents the way Barry did? Maybe the AI crossover?

    Best RB ever

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,130
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I'm trying to think of my favorite Barry runs, the one where he turns around the NE safety twice comes to mind, also the Cowboys run whool posted, 70 yard run against Tampa with only 1 shoe, there's so many! I have this old VHS from Meijer that I wish was converted to DVD so I could marvel at all the spectacular runs.

    Has any pro athlete flat out embarrassed his opponents the way Barry did? Maybe the AI crossover?

    Best RB ever
    AI's killer-crossover is a great mention, especially when he split MJ out of his jock. Blake Griffin's dunk on that one dude where his face was in Blake's junk was pretty bad too. As a whole, for a consistent amount of time though, Barry's runs are still the top dog of embarassing oppenents. How about when he broke Rod Woodson's ankle on a simple screen pass when they were playing the Steelers?

    2015 PSD Lions Forum Rookie of the year
    (7 years in the making )
    2x Nominee 2015 Post of the Year.
    2015 PSD Lions Forum Runner-up Poster of the Year.

    RB#20. Making PSD Marketable Again.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    16,780
    vCash
    500
    No g-ball talk in a Barry thread.


    2015 Lions Forum Poster Of The Year

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,130
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    No g-ball talk in a Barry thread.
    I am Barry Sanders. I'll talk about everything in my thread.

    2015 PSD Lions Forum Rookie of the year
    (7 years in the making )
    2x Nominee 2015 Post of the Year.
    2015 PSD Lions Forum Runner-up Poster of the Year.

    RB#20. Making PSD Marketable Again.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    70,484
    vCash
    500
    I was 7 when he retired so my memories of him playing aren't very strong which sucks because the highlights alone give me goosebumps. I do know that when I went to the Lions-Bears MNF game back in 2011 he got the loudest reaction of the night from the fans. He's definitely on the Mt. Rushmore of Detroit sports with Steve Y, Isaiah, and Al Kaline.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    28,733
    vCash
    1435
    What I liked about Barry the most, was him being humble. He tried spiking the ball once, but decided it wasn't for him. He simply handed the ball to the ref. There was no off the field issues, nothing to try to grab media attention. He didn't date supermodels, no Twitter back then... He was just a class act.

    Barry was the reason why I became a Lions faithful. Every play "something big" could happen. He made grown men look silly. One of my fav commercials was with john Randle chasing a chicken wearing a Barry jersey. DC's had to plan for him. I never saw him play in person, though I wish I had. The year I started dating ILML Barry retired (I pretend the two are not connected). His highlights are crazy, once he got in the open field, you knew no one was going to catch him! Damn I miss that cat...

    Cheers to you Barry, & all my fellow lions faithful!, thank you for making us proud to be lions fans.


    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 6 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14 & #24
    2014-2015 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,130
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    What I liked about Barry the most, was him being humble. He tried spiking the ball once, but decided it wasn't for him. He simply handed the ball to the ref. There was no off the field issues, nothing to try to grab media attention. He didn't date supermodels, no Twitter back then... He was just a class act.

    Barry was the reason why I became a Lions faithful. Every play "something big" could happen. He made grown men look silly. One of my fav commercials was with john Randle chasing a chicken wearing a Barry jersey. DC's had to plan for him. I never saw him play in person, though I wish I had. The year I started dating ILML Barry retired (I pretend the two are not connected). His highlights are crazy, once he got in the open field, you knew no one was going to catch him! Damn I miss that cat...

    Cheers to you Barry, & all my fellow lions faithful!, thank you for making us proud to be lions fans.
    Yeah Barry was the reason why I got into football and ultimately why I became a Lions fan. After him it was like oh that Herman Moore guy is pretty good...I like Luther Ellis and Robert Porcher....our QB and O-Line suck **** though. And then it was like why didn't we just keep Kevin Glover? Barry would have stayed.

    2015 PSD Lions Forum Rookie of the year
    (7 years in the making )
    2x Nominee 2015 Post of the Year.
    2015 PSD Lions Forum Runner-up Poster of the Year.

    RB#20. Making PSD Marketable Again.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    18,943
    vCash
    3542
    Barry is god in Detroit... If he ran for Mayor he would get it with no questions asked

    #81

    71 Rec - 1077 Yards -6 TD

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    holland MI
    Posts
    1,181
    vCash
    500
    I loved watching Barry. One of my good friends at the time was a huge cowboy and emmitt smith fan. Man i hated the boys and emmitt, we would get into some pretty heated arguments over who was better. I wish barry had the oline emmitt had just to see what he could do. If he would've kept playing he'd be the alltime yardage leader.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    18,943
    vCash
    3542
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    I loved watching Barry. One of my good friends at the time was a huge cowboy and emmitt smith fan. Man i hated the boys and emmitt, we would get into some pretty heated arguments over who was better. I wish barry had the oline emmitt had just to see what he could do. If he would've kept playing he'd be the alltime yardage leader.
    Barry would have had 2500 in one season with that line without question

    #81

    71 Rec - 1077 Yards -6 TD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •