Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Last edited by letsgobrownies7; 01-24-2013 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Deleted for bating

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Last edited by letsgobrownies7; 01-24-2013 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Deleted due to link of original post being bating.

vCash
    I just read that the Jets are possibly shopping Revis. I think it could lock down the cb position for the next few years. Would you be willing to give up a 1st rounder this year? Not sure, after coming off his ACL injury from last year and his diva-ness. "REVIS ISLAND" in Cleveland? Could be intriguing! Also, he would eat up at least 6 million a year.

vCash
    If he could come back like AP did and play at a high level that would be great. I just wonder what NYJ are looking in return? With already not having a 2nd Idk if Lombardi will want to part with picks.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrenz11 View Post
    I just read that the Jets are possibly shopping Revis. I think it could lock down the cb position for the next few years. Would you be willing to give up a 1st rounder this year? Not sure, after coming off his ACL injury from last year and his diva-ness. "REVIS ISLAND" in Cleveland? Could be intriguing! Also, he would eat up at least 6 million a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    If he could come back like AP did and play at a high level that would be great. I just wonder what NYJ are looking in return? With already not having a 2nd Idk if Lombardi will want to part with picks.
    Revis doesn't fit in this teams plans unless he is willing to sign an extension before a trade happens. The Browns dont have the assests at this time to lose that it would take to bring him on when Revis is only signed for the 2013 season and then has a no Franchise Tag in his contract where unless an extension can be had he would be a FA next offseason. He has repeatadly said he wants to be a Jet for life, is coming off an ACL injury and probably wouldn't re-sign in Cleveland next season if he was traded for. There are some viable FA's in the market this year that aren't coming off ACL injuries, would cost less and for longer and wouldn't cost any draft picks which is probably the only thing the Jets can take on right now with their salary issues. Id say pass.

Dustin Keller on the other hand might be somebody to look at for the Browns with how much Norv/Chud love them so TE's. Apperantly the Jets might let him walk due to their salary restrictions.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Revis doesn't fit in this teams plans unless he is willing to sign an extension before a trade happens. The Browns dont have the assests at this time to lose that it would take to bring him on when Revis is only signed for the 2013 season and then has a no Franchise Tag in his contract where unless an extension can be had he would be a FA next offseason. He has repeatadly said he wants to be a Jet for life, is coming off an ACL injury and probably wouldn't re-sign in Cleveland next season if he was traded for. There are some viable FA's in the market this year that aren't coming off ACL injuries, would cost less and for longer and wouldn't cost any draft picks which is probably the only thing the Jets can take on right now with their salary issues. Id say pass.

Dustin Keller on the other hand might be somebody to look at for the Browns with how much Norv/Chud love them so TE's. Apperantly the Jets might let him walk due to their salary restrictions.
    I have heard the same news. Also, the Jets are shopping Revis because the secondary did fine without him and he is coming off injury with a huge salary. I would stay away from Revis, and if we wanted a CB with the 6th pick I would look at Milliner as he is cheaper and younger.

vCash
    SI's Peter King says the Jets would "at least" want a first-round pick in exchange for Darrelle Revis.
    The Jets are exploring their options with Revis, but a trade this offseason seems highly unlikely. Not only would a team have to give up a first-round pick for a player rehabbing an ACL tear, but they'd also have to pay him like a franchise quarterback. As King says, "good luck with that." If Gang Green really wants to deal Revis before he becomes an unrestricted free agent in the spring of 2014, showcasing him at 100 percent next season and then dangling him to a contender makes the most sense.
    roto

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    roto
    If he wasn't coming off the ACL injury and having the no FT clause in his contract I could see a SB ready team like the Broncos giving up a first but with those two issues I don't see a team giving up a 1st for him. Probably a 2nd and a conditional pick depending on snaps, etc. taken throughout the year.

The Browns should not be anywhere close to this discussion though IMO.

vCash
    I would give them not this years first but next years if he agrees to an extension. Revis Haden easily best CB tandem in the Nfl. If Jones falls to us in the draft then

vCash
    Its not really realistic although it would look good for the new regime to make a big splash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 11tg635 View Post
    I would give them not this years first but next years if he agrees to an extension. Revis Haden easily best CB tandem in the Nfl. If Jones falls to us in the draft then
    Quote Originally Posted by 11tg635 View Post
    Its not really realistic although it would look good for the new regime to make a big splash.
    A first in whatever year is a lot to give to a CB coming off ACL surgery though. If they were to do something like that they better hold out until the deadline to see if he has come back fully healthy and not do it in the offseason just to make an offseason splash. They can do that in FA with all of the cap space they have and not have to worry about losing a first round pick in whatever year. I would suggest that the value if he comes back and plays the way he did before the injury is there as the only thing I would ever give a 1st round pick up for is a possible franchise QB, a Pro-Bowl LT, pass rushing DE/OLB or lockdown Corner. But then again a top 10 first round pick has a lot of value in my eyes.

vCash
    If we could get him to sign an extension before being traded to us I have an idea for a trade.

The Jets have the #9 pick this year, we have #6. What about swapping 1st round picks and our 2nd round pick next year. That comes out to roughly the 750-850 point range on the trade chart. That is the equivalent of a top-20 pick. And with the talks surrounding Jarvis Jones we could possibly still land him at #9.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas74 View Post
    If we could get him to sign an extension before being traded to us I have an idea for a trade.

The Jets have the #9 pick this year, we have #6. What about swapping 1st round picks and our 2nd round pick next year. That comes out to roughly the 750-850 point range on the trade chart. That is the equivalent of a top-20 pick. And with the talks surrounding Jarvis Jones we could possibly still land him at #9.
    Its a good thought in theory but from the sounds of it there are a lot of teams in on if he is going to be dealt that would probably be willing to parlay a 1st rounder outright to NY instead of flipping picks to a team like the Browns who don't have the draft assests to make this kind of trade right now. There are about 4-6 guys that will be available in FA that I wouldn't want over Revis if healthy, but I'd rather take on this team due to the cost it would take to obtain Revis. In no way should the Browns be giving up the #6 overall pick this year nor a first next year in any capacity.

One NFL general manager said the interest in Darrelle Revis is "one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever."
    "There's a Revis gold rush forming," said one general manager. According to CBS' Mike Freeman, the Jets are asking for a first- and second-round pick in exchange for Revis, which certainly wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility if he were healthy, but that's a high price for a guy coming off a torn ACL. Teams that have been linked to Revis are the Patriots, Broncos, 49ers, Bills, Seahawks, and Packers, according to Freeman. You can rule out a trade with the division rival Patriots and Bills.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

Ill say again I think the Broncos come away with him. They will be willing probably to give up their last 1st overall this year and probably a future pick for him too. This is the type of team that should be making a move for Revis a SB contending team IMO, not a team that has multiple holes and needs all the assests they can.

vCash
    Give em Brandon Weeden and Jabaal Sheard for Revis straight up. They get a QB to compete with Sanchez and an edge rusher they covet so much with Ryan both on rookie contracts still. Browns can go sign Kruger and Shaun Phillips for OLB and the D is ready to compete outside of a FS and some more LB depth. This is all sarcastic btw.

vCash
    Dennis Manoloff ‏ @ dmansworldpd
    Schefty, on if 49ers were to eat Alex Smith roster bonus and cut him: "then there would be more speculation on whether Smith's next stop...

".....would be Kansas City, Cleveland or some other quarterback-needing nfl city." Schefty is piped in; he didn't name 2 teams by accident.

Schefty name-dropping KC and Cle as possible destinations should Alex Smith get released tells me # browns are serious about Smitty.
    Been hearing that it would probably take a 4th or 5th rounder to get Smith from the Niners this offseason. So with that mindset if true you would have to think, do you take a 4th or 5th round QB at age 22, 23 to compete with Weeden and possibly develop and grow even if he doesn't beat out Weeden or do you bring in a guy with 7 years experience for a 4th or 5th Rd pick that has experience with Turner to actually compete and push Weeden and probably beat him out. Tough call unless they move Weeden too for a draft pick and then have McCoy backup Smith and use Smith as a stopgap to next year where at least there would be some better QB options in Johny Football, Bridgewater, Tahj Boyd, Aaron Murray or some unkown that comes out every year.

Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast