Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I'm not flipping Syndergaard or d"Arnaud, and I'm not trading Harvey or Wheeler. But it is hard to imagine that a package of

Familia-or-Mejia/Flores/Puello/Tapia/Aderlin/Lara

would not get any team's attention. Miami is not in a win now mode. In fact, they are not in a win anytime soon mode. So why wouldn't they consider trading a great ballplayer now (when they're not going anywhere) for a chance to have one or two outstanding players and a couple more quality regulars down the road, to help them get back into the picture?
    That package may get their attention, but then you'll have another team come along and blow that package away. The market will push the price up to top prospects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Figures that year, the Mets had 2 draft picks before the Giancarlo Stanton pick and those 2 picks i think arent even in our system any longer. The pick went to the Marlins right before our 3rd pick in that draft.
    Half of our problems is the scouting department, thats why they get paid the big bucks and fail miserably at their job. Thats why it was a bigggggg surprise they went after Nimmo, usually they always want kids ready to fly through the ranks, never have patience, i see that paid off over the years

vCash
    Guys, if we want Stanton, we'd probably have to give up Wheeler, as Stanton made $480,000 in 2012 and is due for only a small raise as he isn't yet eligible for arbitration. In other words, he going to be a cheap legit #4 power hitter for the Marlins. It would be pretty hard for them to let him go, and we'd have to blow the Marlins away.

BUT I have an idea. If we get d'Arnaud in the Dickey trade, why not just trade d'Arnaud and another non-Wheeler prospect to the Marlins for Stanton???? Or at least offer that.

But you all have to understand. The Marlins would have to get blown away, as they seem to be doing their typical rebuilding for a run 4-5 years from now. These packages of Familia/Mejia/Flores will not do the trick.

vCash
    Guys this is way to early speculation on players we haven't even gotten yet. Wait til TUE before you start trading Snydergaard...and why all the hype about an A ball pitcher---we have three guys now who have stuff like his higher up in the organization...is this guy some guaranteed star? I want Gose...not another pitcher two to three years away.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Is Stanton under control through 2016 by Miami?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stonebari44 View Post
    Not going to go crazy . I know it takes quality prospects to get Stanton but I'd give Flores , Nimmo, and others but not Wheeler or Harvey. It's easier to get a bat like Pujols or Josh Hamilton in free agency than it is to get an Ace. Cliff Lee and Cc come to mind but usually after their prime. Having all that hitting like the Yankees and the Rangers aren't guaranteed a World Series without good pitching. I'd loveeeee Stanton but not at the expense of over paying with pitching. I'd rather overpay with bats.
    Then you are not getting Stanton.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Its not worth it for us. The price would be too high. I rather keep what we got and add a FA or two in the coming years to beef up the OF.

Stanton is good, but I rather not trade the whole farm for Giancarlo.

vCash
    Guess I wasn't too far off about flipping Noah and other prospects to get an outfielder. I aimed high for Stanton even before trade was official. Stanton is a stretch but hey you never know. I was ridiculed though for flipping Noah before we even got him.

vCash
    I would think Syndergaard, Familia, Nimmo, Flores, Fullmer, Duda and Tapia could potentially get it done but our farm would be crippled.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I would think Syndergaard, Familia, Nimmo, Flores, Fullmer, Duda and Tapia could potentially get it done but our farm would be crippled.
    Quality over quantity.

Niese, Wheeler, Syndergaard and Flores might get it done.

vCash

Giancarlo Stanton- Can we flip Noah and Flores as a starting centerpiece for Stanton?

If Miami wanted Syn they could have included him in that huge trade they just made and I am sure the Jays asked about Stanton and didn't have enough to get anything going. JMO though.

vCash
    [B][I would think Syndergaard, Familia, Nimmo, Flores, Fullmer, Duda and Tapia could potentially get it done but our farm would be crippled.
    Quality over quantity.

Niese, Wheeler, Syndergaard and Flores might get it done./B]

Way too much. They can keep Stanton. If it takes that much for him what would it take to get a Buster Posey or Mike Trout then? The entire minor league system?

vCash
    Stanton got traded to the Mets for leadfoot Flores.......then I woke up in a wet bed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    If Miami wanted Syn they could have included him in that huge trade they just made and I am sure the Jays asked about Stanton and didn't have enough to get anything going. JMO though.
    Miami is going to ask for the stars, the sun and the moon for Stanton. It's going to require some team liquidating their farm system for his services.

vCash
    the asking price for stanton is going to be ridiculous...im telling u right now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast