Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    yeah the main problem is the ILB play. the safeties havent been as good as last year (but they were a top 5 safety tandem last year), but they havent been awful
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    yeah the main problem is the ILB play. the safeties havent been as good as last year (but they were a top 5 safety tandem last year), but they havent been awful
    I remember the knock on Manning when he was in Chicago was he struggled at times with his instincts. We are seeing that this year, though I think the JJ injury is hurting us more then we know, since all we do is man to man. Its causing hesitation with our safeties, instead of them going on instinct.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I remember the knock on Manning when he was in Chicago was he struggled at times with his instincts. We are seeing that this year, though I think the JJ injury is hurting us more then we know, since all we do is man to man. Its causing hesitation with our safeties, instead of them going on instinct.
    Agreed 100%, I said the same thing about our safeties having to babysit the linebackers a lot too making big plays over the top more likely for big armed QB's. It reminds me a lot of in 2010-2011 when our secondary sucked so bad we couldn't get a pass rush then we fixed that and our defense was playing sick football, now it's our linebackers and it's effecting the secondary. How teams are able to band aid their wounds are the elite ones. Hopefully our linebackers step it up. Honestly I think they need to let Ruud get more time, he's done good the times I've seen him on the field. He is actually the main reason we stopped what looked like to be a game winning drive in I believe the 4th quarter or OT in the Thanksgiving game, first he popped someone on a crossing route and made them drop it then the next play they threw it over him in a crossing pattern and he tackled the receiver in an awkward way causing them to drop the ball as an incompletion as well. I really don't think he's close to the guy he use to be with Tampa but he's still better then Sharpton. Ruud had 142 tackles just 3 years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12