Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

J.J. Watt only 3 sacks away from tying Michael Strahan's single season record!

Everyone has been giving Aldon Smith all the love but JJ Watt's right there too after racking up 3 sacks in today's win against the Colts.

His season total is 19.5. Do you guys think that he has a chance in breaking the season record? And if he does where would you rank this season all time for a defensive player? He's playing amazing, if AP wasn't doing so great he would be my league MVP. I'm bias though... Lol.

vCash
    I think its very possible... but I also think its going be very hard. I think he could potentially get another 1.5+ sacks again against the colts, but the key game will be next week. I have not watched the vikings play at all.... but I assume they pretty much run the ball all game. If he can somehow get a sack next week, I think he will break strahans record. Now... I don't know If strahan will be the single season sacks leader when watt passes him though. Watt might end up passing strahan but finishing second all time to aldon smith.

Johnny Football For Heisman.
    Passing- 273-400:3419 Yards, 24TD. Rushing- 1181 yards, 19 TD.

vCash
    I think both Watt and Smith will break the record. Next week Ponder is up and he has been sacked 28 times this season and then it's Luck again and he is the 4th most sacked QB in the league.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Even if he does come in second it would be extremely impressive.

vCash
    Man I remember when all the mocks had Smith going to us and I was unsure then he got drafted ahead of us...seems like wouldn't have gone bad ether way but I love Watt way more than Smith

Chris Bosh signing for the max will do this to Rockets fans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-town Mastodon View Post
    Man I remember when all the mocks had Smith going to us and I was unsure then he got drafted ahead of us...seems like wouldn't have gone bad ether way but I love Watt way more than Smith
    Smith and Jared Allen are perfect examples of 1 dimensional pass rushers. JJ Watt does it all. I just hope he never tests positive for PED's... I love him but damn I really think he's on something sometimes lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    Smith and Jared Allen are perfect examples of 1 dimensional pass rushers. JJ Watt does it all. I just hope he never tests positive for PED's... I love him but damn I really think he's on something sometimes lol.
    He just drinks his milk that is all haha

Chris Bosh signing for the max will do this to Rockets fans

vCash
    depends on next week. If we beat the Vikings, does Watt even play much against the Colts in week 17, seeing as we already would have the #1 seed locked up?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Yep after the New England loss last night, if the Texans beat the Vikings, they should rest the starters, or at least the important ones.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    with the defense playing the way it is i don't feel at all good about the play-offs...I really would like for watt to break the record so we can at least hang our hats on something this season.
    "It's a Namaste. It means respect. It just means, 'I see the God in you.' It's me paying my respect to the game of football."
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_T View Post
    with the defense playing the way it is i don't feel at all good about the play-offs...I really would like for watt to break the record so we can at least hang our hats on something this season.
    agreed. The second we run into a great throwing QB (we will see Brady or Manning), we are going down at this rate. We can't even stop the run now. Its alarming.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    agreed. The second we run into a great throwing QB (we will see Brady or Manning), we are going down at this rate. We can't even stop the run now. Its alarming.
    Our safeties suck, idk why Daniel Manning has fell so hard this past season. He's not even close to the guy he use to be.

Glover Quin blows too.

Safeties and more ILB depth are the main need in this years draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    Our safeties suck, idk why Daniel Manning has fell so hard this past season. He's not even close to the guy he use to be.

Glover Quin blows too.

Safeties and more ILB depth are the main need in this years draft.
    I actually think our LB play has been the awful portion. We can't move side to side at all, James is terrible, and Dobbins/Barwin are playing like guys who should be nothing more then depth for a good team, not getting all those snaps. The safeties are having to clean up their mistakes.

Notice how much better the safties looked when Cushing was playing, and they didn't have to attack the run because our second line of defense was too slow to do it?

vCash
    JJ Watt!!!! He is my favorite defensive player right now. He is ****ing awesome! I drafted him as my defensive player in fantasy and he has been awesome.

vCash
    If Watt gets 1 or more sacks vs Vikings and record is within reach, I dont see him sitting out against Colts. If he gets shut out of this game, then they may rest him to be ready for playoffs. Either way, one hell of a accomplishment for him this year!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast