Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    How awesome would it be if the non elite prospect coming from the Jays was Daniel Norris?

vCash
    These guys are in no particular order, but we have some sweet prospects. If a guy like Austin Wilson somehow falls in this year's draft, the top of our farm would look amazing:

Zack Wheeler
    Travis d'Arnaud
    Noah Syndergaard
    Wilmer Flores
    Brandon Nimmo
    Gavin Cecchini
    Jeurys Familia
    Luis Mateo
    Domingo Tapia
    Rafael Montero

Michael Fulmer
    Matt den Dekker
    Cesar Puello
    Reese Havens
    Juan Lagares
    Cory Mazzoni
    Jefre Marte
    Aderlin Rodriguez
    Wilfredo Tovar
    Kevin Plawecki

Matt Reynolds
    Juan Urbina
    Cory Vaughn
    Daryl Ceciliani
    Hansel Robles
    Steven Matz
    Akeel Morris
    Danny Muno
    Phillip Evans
    Vicente Lupo
    Ahmad Rosario

vCash
    A fair trade for both sides. Nobody got "raped".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Wait, I think I figured it out.

--metsblog

Maybe in order to offset the salary and get the Jays' prospect, they needed us to throw on in. That would make sense.
    the deal has always been 7 players... Dickey, Thole and non elite prospect for TDA, Synder, Buck and a non elite prospect....

on top of that they are saying mets will either get cash for bucks salary or another lower prospect to counteract salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Can't imagine Dickey not signing an extension.

He's no dummy. He wants his money and now is the time to get it.
    Especially since he's never made much.

He's a minor injury away from losing millions.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    the deal has always been 7 players... Dickey, Thole and non elite prospect for TDA, Synder, Buck and a non elite prospect....

on top of that they are saying mets will either get cash for bucks salary or another lower prospect to counteract salary
    I understand that. But again, what is the point of the two unnamed prospects? If Toronto wanted us to sweeten the deal, that makes sense. If we wanted Toronto to add someone, that would make sense. But adding a prospect on either side doesn't make sense. They cancel out.

It doesn't really matter in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    It will be some pitcher of ours being traded for a position player on the Jays. Both guys will be guys with very little history, but our pitcher might be a bit more polished. That's my guess. We need positional players in our system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    It will be some pitcher of ours being traded for a position player on the Jays. Both guys will be guys with very history, but our pitcher might be a bit more polished. That's my guess. We need positional players in our system.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Maybe a Kunz for Dykstra type swap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    I understand that. But again, what is the point of the two unnamed prospects? If Toronto wanted us to sweeten the deal, that makes sense. If we wanted Toronto to add someone, that would make sense. But adding a prospect on either side doesn't make sense. They cancel out.

It doesn't really matter in the end.
    I would assume that may just be a way of taking a flyer on another player other than your own... or maybe 1 is slightly more highly regarded than the other

Good day for the Mets...now if Dickey helps Jays beat down the Yanks...twice as satisfying!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers-king View Post
    A fair trade for both sides. Nobody got "raped".
    The trade worked for each way the team is heading. Jays are looking to win now, Dickey gives them a solid top of the rotation piece to give them the extra push in that division.

Mets are looking a future long term build, and D'Arnaud & Syndergaard play perfectly into those plans with many years under our control.

Getting D'Arnaud is getting me pumped. Not often a highly touted catcher comes along. Im not expecting a Pudge Rodriguez (but im sure if he puts up those numbers nobody will complain lol) but if he gives us a solid, serviceable everyday catcher with decent power numbers I would be ecstatic.

Definitely an improvement over Thole/Nickeas/anybody else we could have thrown out there.

vCash
    What if the Mets prospect is kevin plawecki especially since we just traded for D'Arnaud?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    What if the Mets prospect is kevin plawecki especially since we just traded for D'Arnaud?

This is a real possibility. He'd have to be a PTBNL.

vCash
    Baseball America ranked TDA's hit and power tools the best in the Toronto system. This was before the Miami trade when they still had everyone. TDA is going to mash in the NL.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...3/2614294.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I don't think it would be Plawecki being that the Jays have several catching options already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

15. 12-16-2012, 05:11 PM
    Reason
    insults

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgometsgo View Post
    BJs about to give Dickey an extension...
    BJ's usually do give the Dickey an extension.

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast