Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
    vCash
    Exactly... He's a CF with plus defense and a potent enough bat to help. He's definitely someone I'd give up Syndergaard's potential for. If he played a corner outfield position then no, but he's a CF.

He's basically Bourjos but with more power, a better OBP, and a little less range but not a huge difference. He's a great defensive player. That's his tool

vCash
    I think they have TDA wait the 20 or so days to get the extra year and then he comes up. Unless of course he is struggling or something.

vCash
    I hope they don't wait too long. He's pretty much major league ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I hope they don't wait too long. He's pretty much major league ready.
    Instead of the first or second week of April it will be the first or second week of May.

vCash
    Love the trade.

SO much I had to come out of retirement and sign back into this place. Ahh the memories.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MvpMets00 View Post
    Love the trade.

SO much I had to come out of retirement and sign back into this place. Ahh the memories.
    Are you staying? lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Are you staying? lol.
    We shall see how much this place has changed in the past year, hopefully for the better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Instead of the first or second week of April it will be the first or second week of May.
    I say he plays more than that in the minors. He only had 67 games in AAA. And he never played in the Mets minors yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I say he plays more than that in the minors. He only had 67 games in AAA. And he never played in the Mets minors yet
    Last year he played in Vegas which is were the Jays had their AAA team. This year the Mets have their AAA team there. He doesn't even have to move his stuff.

vCash
    The Mets will likely want to see how he's rebounded from the injury before calling him up, but d'Arnaud should be ready by the all-star break. He's a rare catching prospect that projects to hit in the middle of a lineup. He is an above-average hitter who should hit for at least average power. He doesn't walk much but makes consistent hard contact, getting hits even when his timing is off or he gets off balance. He has the bat speed and strength to hit plenty of homers and lets his power come naturally, employing a short stroke and all-fields approach. Though he has played in extremely hitter-friendly home ballparks the last two years, his pop is legitimate, as 18 of his 37 homers have come on the road. D'Arnaud made good strides with his defense in 2011 by working with then-New Hampshire manager Sal Butera, who caught in the majors for nine seasons. Those improvements carried over to 2012, when d'Arnaud threw out a career-high 30 percent of basestealers. He has average to plus arm strength and has refined his footwork and throwing accuracy. He's a solid receiver who moves well behind the plate, and he's a good leader who works well with his pitching staffs.
    —Nathan Rode

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Mets have 4 pm media conference call with John Buck, Travis d'Arnaud and Noah Syndergaard -- dangerously close to MacArthur-Port tipoff time

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    Cmon, give him and Wheeler a chance to win ROY. I'm tired of these all-star break call-ups. Bring them up 3 weeks after the season starts so that their free agency is delayed a year but that's all. Both are elite talents and are pretty much ready. Harvey for instance lost his rookie eligibility last year because he pitched too many innings.

vCash
    ^Don't want to rush them. Especially after an injury, too risky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    ^Don't want to rush them. Especially after an injury, too risky
    Well they are going to have big league camp to so show what they can do. It's going to be very difficult keeping them down there in AAA for too long when the talent above them is inferior to their own.

I mean Buck and whatever starter we use as our 5th one will have fans screaming for them lol...

vCash
    Mets . @Travisdarnaud: “I feel 100% now after my knee injury…I’m just going to go out there and work hard and play hard every day.”

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast