Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    I was convincing myself that the best deal we could get for Dickey was Olt straight up, maybe another decent prospect with him. So this sweet return was not expected for me.
    Steve Philips isn't our GM.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    We gave up a reigning Cy Young winner to a team going for it all.

We got back 2 top prospects, a very young player with upside and took back a salary dump.

We added the catchers of the Cy Younf winner.

Mets did extremely well, but at the end of the day it's 2 top spects for a Cy Young winner. It's not as absurd as some think.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Yeah my only gripe was the fact that some Jays fans thought Sandy would just accept Gose and JPA for the reigning Cy Young winner.

He was not going to do that deal, if that was the best he was gonna get he would have re-signed Dickey.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-17-2012 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    ReyesRules wasn't perma banned, or was he? He wasn't. His ban is over.
    He should have thought twice about starting another account then, which I think is also against the rules.

http://www.google.com/search?q=wilpo...w=1232&bih=637

Only two people have ever claimed the Wilpons had their accounts frozen on here, except both of them were the same person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    He should have thought twice about starting another account then, which I think is also against the rules.

http://www.google.com/search?q=wilpo...w=1232&bih=637

Only two people have ever claimed the Wilpons had their accounts frozen on here, except both of them were the same person.
    I find that hard to believe, since the news came out last year after the settlement that the Wilpons had their accounts frozen.

Again, this is all just a ruse to avoid debating me on merits. You can't, so you're throwing around this nonsense about me being some other member.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    I find that hard to believe, since the news came out last year after the settlement that the Wilpons had their accounts frozen.

Again, this is all just a ruse to avoid debating me on merits. You can't, so you're throwing around this nonsense about me being some other member.
    Compare and contrast:

Quote Originally Posted by ReyesRulez View Post
    Typical of a conspiracy theorist to dismiss every argument against their position as "propaganda." Not off to a very good start here, Coupon.

Did you not say the Wilpons were broke? Was that not your position for months and months of endless, tedious debates? So now that it comes out that they really were broke, and people realize that many of the moves made were made for that reason, you criticize us for not realizing that the Wilpons are secretly rich?

I don't understand you, Coupon. Either they're broke or they're not. You can't just hop between the two positions whenever someone finds a reason to say something good about the team.
    And his alter ego:

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    You weren't right then, you were lucky then. Nor did you wait to change your tune about their situation until the Dodgers sale; you were far ahead of that one, saying that they were raking in the dough before the subsequent valuations. The impetus for your 180? The fact that it looked as if the Wilpons might come out of their troubles retaining ownership of the team. Cue the Willets Point conspiracy crap, and the SNY conspiracy crap, and all the other conspiracy crap. Meanwhile, the Wilpons are forced to sell chunks of the team, default on a loan from MLB, come dangerously close to defaulting on several bank loans, and their credit is going in the tank. But hey, that's just good business, right? Sinking your credit, your brand, and your franchise so you can get some cold cash right now?

Busted.

vCash
    I actually don't see a restriction on multiple accounts in the Terms of Service:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/terms-of-service.html
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash
    Compare and contrast:

And his alter ego:

Busted.
    Good job, Sherlock

vCash
    If y'all had a chance, would you trade Syndergaard for Leonys Martin?? We have a pitching surplus and can use OF. And Leonys had a great year last year and has the tools to succeed

vCash
    Compare and contrast:

And his alter ego:

Busted.
    I was wondering who he was a Dupe of.

vCash
    Ridiculous, Coupon. Ridiculous. Moderators can easily check to see if I'm posting from the same IP. Go ahead and look.

You find it surprising that the arguments against your inanity are similar?

vCash
    I am surprised Dickey was content with 25 million seeing how the market is so out of whack with mediocre pitchers getting 12-16 million per. Another reason why Dickey is truly a man among men.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This deal almost makes me forget the whole Reyes fiasco. Imagine if Sandy actually would of tried to trade him?
    I would just like to remind all Met fans who have selective memory regarding the Reyes situation. At around the trade deadline (early July) Reyes had a minor hamstring injury. All the teams that were interested in trading for Reyes dropped their offer significantly to the point where it was barely on par with the 2 compensation picks the Mets received. Alderson also thought about resigning him but once he got that Marlins offer, he knew he could not match.

About this trade, I think Sandy did a fantastic job. I will miss Dickey but I like the direction that this franchise in. They should have the makings of a powerhouse in the coming years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    If y'all had a chance, would you trade Syndergaard for Leonys Martin?? We have a pitching surplus and can use OF. And Leonys had a great year last year and has the tools to succeed
    lol, heck no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    I am surprised Dickey was content with 25 million seeing how the market is so out of whack with mediocre pitchers getting 12-16 million per. Another reason why Dickey is truly a man among men.
    He also dedicated a percentage of his salary to Blue Jays charities, totally around $300,000. I find it hard to think of a better guy in the game.
    As for why he settled, I think it has to do with the fact that he's not a free agent, and it would be too big a risk to go into the year without an extension.

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast