Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    On Sportsnet 590: Blue Jays GM said D'Arnaud on table for 10 days. Sandy Alderson wouldn't bite UNTIL Syndergaard's name was added.

Wow!

SA saying "***** I get your top 2 specs or I walk."

Keeping that pimp hand STRONG
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

Sandy is a boss.

A boss, I tell you!

The Bishop is officially no more
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Alderson- "In time our attendance and popularity will be about winning, not individuals."

Tell em Sandy. Go get Reddick for RF now
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    :cry: :cry:

End of an era..

That was my first time ever being a part of a congregation too.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-17-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I actually had to read fanofclendennon to know it was you. It's been so long.

I say you should pass it on to the most loyal Jays fan here.

Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    Thanks...classy of you. You will love Reyes at SS and Dickey will leave AL hitters standing there shaking their heads after flailing at his knuckler. We are all rooting for you guys to keep the hated Yankees out of the post season...those poor guys are trying to live with a payroll of $222 million being trimmed to $187M by next year to avoid luxury taxes. Boo hoo!
    your very welcome...reyes is one of my favorite players...and to back it up ...i actually bought his home jersey in 2007...i was severely shocked when they acquired him and JJ from the marlins....quite frankly i always hated the yankees...hated them since day one....going back to the 2000 world series...when the yankees won the world series...i was sooo pissed...don't worry.....alderson is doing an excellent job on building the future...my guess is around 2014 or 2015 the mets will be back to being contenders....i understand that the mets are kind of upset about the mets re-building phase....i know whats its like...the jays were in the same situation a few year back....right now the jays are in a win now mode....its been 20 years since we last time made it past october.....we are soo overdue for this...and to honest with you...im pretty hyped about this whole thing....i will continue to follow the mets.....i just hope you guys resolve with the whole ownership situation...u guys deserve better

I am really excited about how these prospects will turn out. Beccera is a nice last piece to the trade.

How do we get TDA, Syndergaard, Buck, AND Becerra for Dickey, Thole, and NICKEAS of all people??? Lmao in Sandy I trust. I'm so excited for the future.

People seem to be ignoring what this really means - that the Mets are giving up on the next two seasons. Whether these guys will be as good as advertised is an open question. That the Mets will suck for another couple years is a given.

I can't get stoked about small market strategy being employed by a team with it's own regional sports network and that charges some of the highest prices in the league.

All that's happening here is the Mets will be fielding a cheap, bad team for a total of about 5 years so the Wilpons can stick the difference in their pockets to make up for their stolen Madoff profits that vanished.

Pay attention: those monsters are robbing the team blind. Anyone who's celebrating these small market preemptive salary dumps is just playing into being swindled.

Wake me up in three years when the team might be watchable again.

Here we go. Coupon cracking the whip.

Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    People seem to be ignoring what this really means - that the Mets are giving up on the next two seasons. Whether these guys will be as good as advertised is an open question. That the Mets will suck for another couple years is a given.

I can't get stoked about small market strategy being employed by a team with it's own regional sports network and that charges some of the highest prices in the league.

All that's happening here is the Mets will be fielding a cheap, bad team for a total of about 5 years so the Wilpons can stick the difference in their pockets to make up for their stolen Madoff profits that vanished.

Pay attention: those monsters are robbing the team blind. Anyone who's celebrating these small market preemptive salary dumps is just playing into being swindled.

Dear god man, can you be happy about nothing this team does except when they have a $150 million dollar payroll? I'm no Wilpon fan but it must be miserable just *****ing about them all the time.

This small market mentality is needed for us to get to sustained winning for the first time. Not a few years here, and a few years there.

This year is a wash but the Mets aren't picking up this young impact players to carry next to no payroll in 2014.

Expect them to start signing significant FAs for the 2014 and 2015 season.

And like everyone else has mentioned soak in the moment for once instead of picking it apart.

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast