Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Until the ink is dry...I'm not buying that it's a done deal
    THIS!!!!! Everyone jumping the gun way too prematurely. Ban me if you want, I'm not saying anything worth banning but I think we're all celebrating way too early. He has to sign his extension first.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    THIS!!!!! Everyone jumping the gun way too prematurely. Ban me if you want, I'm not saying anything worth banning but I think we're all celebrating way too early. He has to sign his extension first.
    You're not going to get banned for being a realist. It's the truth and if people can't except that they're idiots. Now you see I can get banned for that possibly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Considering what these other mediocre pitchers are getting on the market I can't think that is not worth 32-34 million over two seasons.
    Dickey is looking for such little money in comparison to how well he has pitched (3 yrs, 31 million) with the option and extension altogether.

The Blue Jays would be crazy not to give him what he wants.

vCash
    You're not going to get banned for being a realist. It's the truth and if people can't except that they're idiots. Now you see I can get banned for that possibly.
    So stupid. All I said earlier was that the trade wasn't done yet and we're celebrating way too early. Someone threatened to ban me lol? I didn't even say anything wrong, ridiculous. Anyways, like I said, this organization has been struck with bad luck for quite some time now, wouldn't be surprised if RA's a little ***** about it and doesn't re-sign.

Btw, let's say he doesn't re-sign. Do fans get upset with him? Like wouldn't that make it awkward for him to return knowing his team was trying to deal him? Just a curious debate here. What do you guys think.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Dickey is looking for such little money in comparison to how well he has pitched (3 yrs, 31 million) with the option and extension altogether.

The Blue Jays would be crazy not to give him what he wants.
    Absolutely right considering the guy just won the N.L. Cy Young Award. Can you imagine what Anibel Sanchez would have asked for had he won a Cy Young Award? And he got 80 million over five for going 4-6 last season with Detroit. Andy Pettite though only pitched 12 games last season and got only one year but it was still worth 12 million and here the Mets and Jays are acting like he wants the moon and he doesn't.

vCash
    Absolutely right considering the guy just won the N.L. Cy Young Award. Can you imagine what Anibel Sanchez would have asked for had he won a Cy Young Award? And he got 80 million over five for going 4-6 last season with Detroit. Andy Pettite though only pitched 12 games last season and got only one year but it was still worth 12 million and here the Mets and Jays are acting like he wants the moon and he doesn't.
    Yeah I seriously doubt the Blue Jays will nitpick over 5-6 million dollars cumulatively over the next 3 years like the Mets have.

Like you said when Anibal Sanchez is getting 80 million dollars for the next 5 years, what Dickey is asking for is a steal.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-17-2012 at 01:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    So stupid. All I said earlier was that the trade wasn't done yet and we're celebrating way too early. Someone threatened to ban me lol? I didn't even say anything wrong, ridiculous. Anyways, like I said, this organization has been struck with bad luck for quite some time now, wouldn't be surprised if RA's a little ***** about it and doesn't re-sign.

Btw, let's say he doesn't re-sign. Do fans get upset with him? Like wouldn't that make it awkward for him to return knowing his team was trying to deal him? Just a curious debate here. What do you guys think.
    That would be on Toronto for being cheap because he isn't asking for anything he hasn't earned over the last three seasons and that person who threatened to ban you outta be ashamed of themselves because I have seen 100 times worse said on here and you were just stating the obvious.

vCash
    Yeah I seriously doubt the Blue Jays will nitpick over 3-4 million cumulatively like the Mets have.

Like you said when Anibal Sanchez is getting 80 million dollars for the next 5 years, what Dickey is asking for is a steal.
    That was the scary part because the longer Dickey went without being signed that opened things up for guys like Greinke, Dempster and Sanchez to be signed and IMO and I don't give a care what the market says they were all grossly overpaid. Greinke is good but not to the tune of 158/6, that's just insane. And don't get me started on Sanchez.

vCash
    That was the scary part because the longer Dickey went without being signed that opened things up for guys like Greinke, Dempster and Sanchez to be signed and IMO and I don't give a care what the market says they were all grossly overpaid. Greinke is good but not to the tune of 158/6, that's just insane.
    Just shows how desperate teams are for pitching.

That's why Sandy was able to get D'Arnaud and Syndegaard as part of this possible deal.

vCash
    There was way to much time and effort put in by both the Jays and Mets for the Jays not to sign.

I would go as far as to say the Blue Jays already knew how much Dickey was looking for.

I forgot who posted it, but someone posted a tweet from someone who covers the Mets and they asked a Mets official about Dickey and his contract extension with the Jays. The official replied we are past that point.

I think Dickey and the Jays are there on money. It is the structure of the contract that will take these few days.

vCash
    That's why this could be a great deal.

The Mets could have a young, cheap rotation in 2014 that consists of a top 4 guys in Wheeler, Harvey, Niese, Gee, with guys like Syndegaard, Fulmer, and Montero all of which are not that far away.

Should allow them to spend on other areas of need, especially if Wheeler and Harvey end up being as good as advertised.

And we all know how expensive quality SP is. (seems like even mediocre SP is for that matter)

That could work to the Met's benefit.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-17-2012 at 01:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    There was way to much time and effort put in by both the Jays and Mets for the Jays not to sign.

I would go as far as to say the Blue Jays already knew how much Dickey was looking for.

I forgot who posted it, but someone posted a tweet from someone who covers the Mets and they asked a Mets official about Dickey and his contract extension with the Jays. The official replied we are past that point.

I think Dickey and the Jays are there on money. It is the structure of the contract that will take these few days.
    You want my honest opinion, I don't think they wanted to announce it this weekend and wanted to give R.A. his own day on Monday and not have to share it with Hamilton on Saturday or compete with the NFL on Sunday. Tomorrow morning they will announce it and like you said it's all done but the ink on the contract.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 12-17-2012 at 01:44 AM.

vCash
    That's why this could be a great deal.

The Mets could have a young, cheap rotation in 2014 that consists of a top 4 guys in Wheeler, Harvey, Niese, Gee, with guys like Syndegaard, Fulmer, and Montero all of which are not that far away.

Should allow them to spend on other areas of need, especially if Wheeler and Harvey end up being as good as advertised.

And we all know how expensive quality SP is. (seems like even mediocre SP is for that matter)

That could work to the Met's benefit.
    Very true. We all needed this. Just hope for the future is enough to get my baseball juices going again.

vCash
    I think we all need to be as patient as possible.

I know it's hard to because we have gotten ourselves so psyched in some respects but there is a possibility we might not hear about this till Tuesday afternoon.

Either way, i don't care when they announce it.

Just get it done..

vCash
    Very true. We all needed this. Just hope for the future is enough to get my baseball juices going again.
    I hope so too..

But the Mets farm system with this trade gives me plenty of reasons to be excited about the future.

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast