Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan Disclaimer: He's far, far away. But because of size, upside and organization he's in, a scout threw Carpenter/Halladay comps on Syndergaard.

So, we have Halladay in Syndergaard and right-handed Kershaw in Wheeler. lol
    Didn't realize the upside was that high

If everything goes right, we can have Wheeler, Harvey and Syndergaard anchoring our rotation for a long long time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan Disclaimer: He's far, far away. But because of size, upside and organization he's in, a scout threw Carpenter/Halladay comps on Syndergaard.

So, we have Halladay in Syndergaard and right-handed Kershaw in Wheeler. lol
    WOW people need to chill out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Suck it Blue Jays
    oh yeah for sure.. you have one of the best rotations in baseball and a legit shot at a world series..

bunch of suckers

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    If I'm Sandy I'd still try to have that last prospect be Gose. I'd offer anyone aside from Wheeler or Harvey for him. We need outfield help very badly, he's major league ready and can steal bases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZoFkWeeNz View Post
    If I'm Sandy I'd still try to have that last prospect be Gose. I'd offer anyone aside from Wheeler or Harvey for him. We need outfield help very badly, he's major league ready and can steal bases.
    They are not giving up their top 3 prospects. Getting TDA and Snydergaard is a good enough haul for a player Mets had no intentions of signing

vCash
    it certainly wouldn't hurt to tell them we'll add Duda and Mejia or Familia if u add Gose... they probably say no but we could ask,.... in fact they probably did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532 View Post
    WOW people need to chill out.
    This organization hasn't given the fans anything to be optimistic about so we have do the optimistic thing ourselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    They are not giving up their top 3 prospects. Getting TDA and Snydergaard is a good enough haul for a player Mets had no intentions of signing
    You are correct. Once they signed Wright to that big deal you knew Dickey was as good as traded somewhere.

vCash
    From the early reports it was TDA and Gose. We desperately need someone in the outfield with speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    From the early reports it was TDA and Gose. We desperately need someone in the outfield with speed.
    There is no Gose in the deal anymore it seems.

The reports are Syndegaard, D'Arnaud, Buck, and a lower level spec (that's fine we still get two top 100 specs)

It's just about Dickey signing the extension which i am sure he will because i seriously doubt he plays out his option considering how much risk he could take if he gets hurt or doesnt pitch as well next season.

This is the most leverage Dickey will get and he made it very clear to the Mets he wanted an extension this offseason. I don't see him backtracking from that.

The Blue Jays are also on better financial footing that 26 million dollars shouldn't be a big deal for 2014 and 2015.

Especially a team in "win now" mode such as themselves.

vCash
    BTW how soon until "D'Arnaud" is shortened by the NY Sports Media and fans to "D-NO" and you start seeing him associated with a 1960's cartoon dinosaur?

vCash
    We weren't getting Gose... That was why the initial deal never came to fruition. We asked for Gose + TDA and this was their counter.

They probably wanted Wheeler if we wanted Gose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There is no Gose in the deal anymore it seems.

The reports are Syndegaard, D'Arnaud, Buck, and a lower level spec (that's fine we still get two top 100 specs)

It's just about Dickey signing the extension which i am sure he will because i seriously doubt he plays out his option considering how much risk he could take if he gets hurt or doesnt pitch as well next season.

This is the most leverage Dickey will get and he made it very clear to the Mets he wanted an extension this offseason. I don't see him backtracking from that.

The Blue Jays are also on better financial footing that 26 million dollars shouldn't be a big deal for 2014 and 2015.

Especially a team in "win now" mode such as themselves.
    As much as it will pain me to close up the C of D, I have to say it's nice to get all these players for just Dickey and Thole. Yesterday people were assuming we'd be throwing in Davis and Flores as well. And all i kept thinkingt was, "Guys! We're the ones trading the Cy Young! We should have to be throwing anyone in!"

Hopefully it will be Dickey and Thole and some non-Flores prospect whom I never heard of.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    As much as it will pain me to close up the C of D, I have to say it's nice to get all these players for just Dickey and Thole. Yesterday people were assuming we'd be throwing in Davis and Flores as well. And all i kept thinkingt was, "Guys! We're the ones trading the Cy Young! We should have to be throwing anyone in!"

Hopefully it will be Dickey and Thole and some non-Flores prospect whom I never heard of.
    If Flores is as slow as a snail, a defensive liability and from what one poster on here said his ceiling offesively was that of another David Freese then what the heck are they hanging onto him for if it could have landed us Gose?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

Yeah i doubt Flores is in the deal.

They have Edwin Encarnacion till 2015 (2016 with the team option) and Brett Lawrie who is considered one of the best young third baseman in the league.

I don't think they would have any place for him unless they would have plans for him at 2nd base.

It seems like it will be from reports a lower level relatively insignificant spec much like the Mets are getting in return.

Of course nothing is official until it actually goes through but like you mentioned 2 top 100 specs for a 38 year old pitcher is a pretty good deal.

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast