Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    I would say that it's even more difficult to project young pitchers. D'Arnaud would be able to start at catcher for the Mets on opening day. It's not like he's in A ball like Syndergaard.
    This. We're not dealing with some 19 year old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Dickey came and went.

Dickey was no bust.

Dickey will fill the hole....................in their rotation.

Anywho, Noah Syndergaard sounds like a nice piece. I have to believe he'll be a good long term reliever for us and that I love considering our bullpen has been beyond horrible the last two years. If we can have a great middle reliever, than plus to us. If we can have a stable bullpen for a good 5-6 years, then we'll be competing.

I don't think Noah Syndergaard will be a starter because anytime a scouting report says the pitcher will develop a third pitch and then he'll become a #2, that means he'll end up as a reliever.
    Then that means Wheeler and Harvey would both be relievers then since they didn't have a consistent 3rd pitch at 19. Syndergaard was only 19 for the majority of this season dude, he's got a lot of time to develop his breaking ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    I think the BJ's make Dickey happy, call me crazy.
    Get them aaaalllllll out of your systems guys. The glory days of dickey jokes are over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Then that means Wheeler and Harvey would both be relievers then since they didn't have a consistent 3rd pitch at 19. Syndergaard was only 19 for the majority of this season dude, he's got a lot of time to develop his breaking ball.
    That, and he already tops out at 100 mph. That kind of raw talent can overshadow some flaws in your secondary pitches. But the reports I've seen said Syndergaard has an alright breaking ball right now that projects as a plus pitch to go along with an elite fastball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Get them aaaalllllll out of your systems guys. The glory days of dickey jokes are over.
    Yeah, I think I'm done, unless a good one comes to me out of the blue, but no more conscious effort. Hoping this gets done tonight, because I'm tired of thinking about it. Just want it done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    Yeah, I think I'm done, unless a good one comes to me out of the blue, but no more conscious effort. Hoping this gets done tonight, because I'm tired of thinking about it. Just want it done.
    Ba da boom, ba da bing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Ok one more.....

Dickey's name has the world "dick" in it.

vCash
    Haha...DICKey...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    Ok one more.....

Dickey's name has the world "dick" in it.
    Hey! That one's MINE!

vCash
    So it's my understanding we can't get DJ Davis in this trade as the extra non-elite prospect cuz he was just drafted, but can the extra prospect be a PTBNL and end up being Davis? Anyone know the rule on that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    So it's my understanding we can't get DJ Davis in this trade as the extra non-elite prospect cuz he was just drafted, but can the extra prospect be a PTBNL and end up being Davis? Anyone know the rule on that?
    Yes he could be a PTBNL. That's why they do that, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Yes he could be a PTBNL. That's why they do that, I think.
    ahh i see... don't know too much about him except what i read but seems like he could be similar to Gose which i wanted, Davis would have less power though as far as i can tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    ahh i see... don't know too much about him except what i read but seems like he could be similar to Gose which i wanted, Davis would have less power though as far as i can tell.
    At this point, I wouldn't mind having a less than stellar offensive outfield as long as all three guys play plus defense. If one of the three hits well, that would be enough. The future successes of the Mets will rest on the pitching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Suck it Blue Jays

vCash
    At this point, I wouldn't mind having a less than stellar offensive outfield as long as all three guys play plus defense. If one of the three hits well, that would be enough. The future successes of the Mets will rest on the pitching.
    Sign Corey Hart and fill the other positions with good speed and defense.

We also will need to drastically improve the bullpen.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast