Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    We weren't getting Gose... That was why the initial deal never came to fruition. We asked for Gose + TDA and this was their counter.

They probably wanted Wheeler if we wanted Gose
    Well we already took their best prospect it's only natural for them to counter and try to get ours.

vCash
    Sandy Alderson did the right thing here.

He waited till the market became scarce of quality pitching and then used that leverage to get what he wanted (knowing that Dickey's demands for a very reasonable contract would make him even more valuable to teams looking for a very good SP)

Where can you get a SP of Dickey's caliber over the last 3 years for 31 million dollars over the next 3 years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah i doubt Flores is in the deal.

They have Edwin Encarnacion till 2015 (2016 with the team option) and Brett Lawrie who is considered one of the best young third baseman in the league.

I don't think they would have any place for him unless they would have plans for him at 2nd base.

It seems like it will be from reports a lower level relatively insignificant spec much like the Mets are getting in return.

Of course nothing is official until it actually goes through but like you mentioned 2 top 100 specs for a 38 year old pitcher is a pretty good deal.
    The Mets would have had a dilema on their hands had Toronto not made that trade with Miami and gone all in for 2013. With the Hamilton signing and the KC trade with Tampa Bay the Angels would have been our only trade partner possibly with Bourjos being the centerpiece.

vCash
    Sandy Alderson did the right thing here.

He waited till the market became scarce of quality pitching and then used that leverage to get what he wanted (knowing that Dickey's demands for a very reasonable contract would make him even more valuable to teams looking for a very good SP)

Where can you get a SP of Dickey's caliber over the last 3 years for 31 million dollars over the next 3 years?
    Like was already mentioned on here, Dickey needs to sign an extension by 2 PM eastern on Tuesday or all this is moot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    The Mets would have had a dilema on their hands had Toronto not made that trade with Miami and gone all in for 2013. With the Hamilton signing and the KC trade with Tampa Bay the Angels would have been our only trade partner possibly with Bourjos being the centerpiece.
    There were rumbles Baltimore was looking into Dickey as well.

Sandy's patience here (although we rightfully kill him for it at times) worked here.

If Sandy didn't take JPA and Gose for Dickey, i doubt he would have accepted a deal around Bourjos.

This was a "get the right prospects" or "bring Dickey back" type move.

vCash
    If the deal doesn't include Flores then I don't know what we're going to do with him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Like was already mentioned on here, Dickey needs to sign an extension by 2 PM eastern on Tuesday or all this is moot.
    Of course.

Andy Martino said according to his sources Dickey has no problem with Toronto and contracts don't take overnight so there is a possibility this goes to the deadline (and maybe even a little later depending on when its announced)

Either way, i really don't see why Dickey wouldn't sign.

He is more likely to get his demands met with Toronto then he is with the Mets.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-17-2012 at 01:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    If the deal doesn't include Flores then I don't know what we're going to do with him
    Trade him when he has more value next year.

His stats could presumably explode when he hits AAA Las Vegas and the PCL.

Either that or they will make it their business to give him a shot at 2nd base.

He still can be very attractive to a team just for his potential bat.

vCash
    There were rumbles Baltimore was looking into Dickey as well.

Sandy's patience here (although we rightfully kill him for it at times) worked here.

If Sandy didn't take JPA and Gose for Dickey, i doubt he would have accepted a deal around Bourjos.

This was a "get the right prospects" or "bring Dickey back" type move.
    Texas' prospects with the exception of Profar wouldn't have helped us and unless the O's were trading Bundy they weren't a player. So really it was KC for a bit, I'm still calling them the Anaheim Angels because Anaheim is not in f-ing Los Angeles and the Jays. He got the best prospect but Gose would have been absolute gravy. If the two prospects mentioned are the ones we're getting, Dickey made history for us last season and then netted us a future starter and a catcher, not bad at all. Kudos to Sandy for being patient like you said. That's why we're sitting here posting and he's got the real job running the organization.

vCash
    Still no word on who the 2 mystery prospects are?
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Still no word on who the 2 mystery prospects are?
    As long as we are getting TDA and Syndergaard I don't care who they are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    From what I read on here he's a slightly above average hitter, who is a slightly below average defender with world class tortoise speed so to repeat you post "I don't know what we're going to do with him." Sounds like another F-Mart.

vCash
    You know another thing here is too is that the Blue Jays are a much better team than the Mets going into next year and have a much better shot of being a perennial playoff contender while he is there.

I think that matters to Dickey too even though we know money is always the driving factor.

vCash
    Trade him when he has more value next year.

His stats could presumably explode when he hits AAA Las Vegas and the PCL.

Either that or they will make it their business to give him a shot at 2nd base.

He still can be very attractive to a team just for his potential bat.
    Nobody is thrilled with Murphy except for a handful of people and we know Valdespin is not the answer so at some point why not try him at second?

vCash
    You know another thing here is too is that the Blue Jays are a much better team than the Mets going into next year and have a much better shot of being a perennial playoff contender while he is there.

I think that matters to Dickey too even though we know money is always the driving factor.
    Considering what these other mediocre pitchers are getting on the market I can't think that is not worth 32-34 million over two seasons.

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast