Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Tym stepped out and made a prediction and if he's right I suspect it will largely go unnoticed because he won't toot his own horn and those that will have been wrong will never say a word, continuing on as if they had never facepalmed him and hoping no one noticed. I choose not to be one of those guys.
    really? i wont? you dont know me very well then

things I was right about

Kemp (that he'd be a superstar)
    Cap & Harang (that they were good pick ups)
    A.J. Ellis (he needs to start)
    Mark Ellis (quality pick up and we will love him)
    Jansen (that he'd be an awesome closer)
    Guerra (he needed to lose his closing spot, took too long, cost us the playoffs)
    Blanton (HATED the trade, hate it even more for the Angels, idiots)

things i was wrong about

Loney (he'd hit potential
    Bills (for now, that he's a #2)
    Dee (for now, that he'd learn how to hit)
    Tolleson (for now, that he and Jansen will form the most epic 1-2 punch in the league)
    Guerrier, coffey, macdougal
    Uribie (good signing, actually loved it, )

http://pacetrek.com/blog/wp-content/...ot-300x195.gif

Edit: all joking aside. I want Ryu to succeed and I think he will; in time.

There's a reason he's only making $2.5 mil his first season though.
    Last edited by DodgerB24; 12-19-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: posting image

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post

That was good for a laugh. I guess I have seen you post some of that stuff before.

My list of wrongs and rights would be too long to account for; I make lots of pretty in-depth predictions.

I did predict the Dodgers would at least be in on Prince Fielder last off-season. In contrast, I predicted we'd go after Hamilton this off-season.

In both cases I'm glad they didn't end up here as I think they were both overpaid. The Angels were right on salary, just not length. I was positive no team would offer more than about 3yrs/$75-80m just because the long-term risks associated with Hamilton. I thought whoever got him was going to get a relative steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

That was good for a laugh. I guess I have seen you post some of that stuff before.

My list of wrongs and rights would be too long to account for; I make lots of pretty in-depth predictions.

I did predict the Dodgers would at least be in on Prince Fielder last off-season. In contrast, I predicted we'd go after Hamilton this off-season.

In both cases I'm glad they didn't end up here as I think they were both overpaid. The Angels were right on salary, just not length. I was positive no team would offer more than about 3yrs/$75-80m just because the long-term risks associated with Hamilton. I thought whoever got him was going to get a relative steal.
    I was surprised by fielder last year and not by Hamilton, too much cash in the outfield.

and my God i can't believe the Angels went after him yet let Grinke go? Are they smoking? Pitching wins championships, they could look at the Rangers and know that, both world series they were the best hitting team, each year they went against scrapers who pitched well and they lost.

Hitting goes into slumps, sometimes as a team, pitching not so much.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    The 5th spot in my opinion is bills to lose . You got a healthy 1-4 kershaw greinke beckett ryu.. Then the big ? In bills.. I get the lets ease him in to mlb theory. But again the reason you guys are neglecting he was promised a rotation spot which is why he crossed over to mlb. And again management didnt spend 60+ mil to see him in the pen regardless of how his pay is broken down yearly. Dice k kaz ishii kuroda yu darvish. All got that chance i doubt it changes with ryu.
    Last edited by DLCK; 12-17-2012 at 06:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLCK View Post
    I get the lets ease him in to mlb theory. But again the reason you guys are neglecting he was promised a rotation spot which is why he crossed over to mlb
    I get what you're saying, though I'm not sure where the 'promise of a rotation spot' rumor came from.

I know its one issue that Boras was holding out for, but it doesn't appear that passed through. It appears the only guarantee the Dodgers gave him in that regard is that he wouldn't be sent to the minors.

BTW, no matter who the pitcher is, giving him a contract that guarantees him a spot in the rotation is madness. Could you imagine if the Giants had done that with Zito? Nobody could ever have foreseen Lincecum's 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero:24773269
    I get the lets ease him in to mlb theory. But again the reason you guys are neglecting he was promised a rotation spot which is why he crossed over to mlb
    I get what you're saying, though I'm not sure where the 'promise of a rotation spot' rumor came from.

I know its one issue that Boras was holding out for, but it doesn't appear that passed through. It appears the only guarantee the Dodgers gave him in that regard is that he wouldn't be sent to the minors.

BTW, no matter who the pitcher is, giving him a contract that guarantees him a spot in the rotation is madness. Could you imagine if the Giants had done that with Zito? Nobody could ever have foreseen Lincecum's 2012.
    I dont think the promise was apart of the deal. But its fair to say management would give him every chance to start. I can only imagine the bad pr or even ryu/boras demanding a trade if he wasnt given the oppotunity. Not sayn ok lets appease a player we know nothing about who is unproven. The overall $ and the fact we didnt pursue sanchez as well as having both cap and haarang on the trade block tells me ryu is are number 4.starter. With bills health only thing keeping this rotation up in the air.

vCash
    Spring time will tell. To be honest I have some concerns about his lack of MLB experience

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigtimeDodger View Post
    what's wrong with signing Glaus as a bench player?

things I was right about

Kemp (that he'd be a superstar)
    Cap & Harang (that they were good pick ups)
    A.J. Ellis (he needs to start)
    Mark Ellis (quality pick up and we will love him)
    Jansen (that he'd be an awesome closer)
    Guerra (he needed to lose his closing spot, took too long, cost us the playoffs)
    Blanton (HATED the trade, hate it even more for the Angels, idiots)

things i was wrong about

Loney (he'd hit potential
    Bills (for now, that he's a #2)
    Dee (for now, that he'd learn how to hit)
    Tolleson (for now, that he and Jansen will form the most epic 1-2 punch in the league)
    Guerrier, coffey, macdougal
    Uribie (good signing, actually loved it, )

Edit: all joking aside. I want Ryu to succeed and I think he will; in time.

There's a reason he's only making $2.5 mil his first season though.
    We all thought loney would reach his potential.

I like Javy Gurrera, i think he will be good for us in the future, i like our bull pen right now actually.

and you should feel bad for liking Uribe

vCash
    The 5th spot in my opinion is bills to lose . You got a healthy 1-4 kershaw greinke beckett ryu.. Then the big ? In bills.. I get the lets ease him in to mlb theory. But again the reason you guys are neglecting he was promised a rotation spot which is why he crossed over to mlb. And again management didnt spend 60+ mil to see him in the pen regardless of how his pay is broken down yearly. Dice k kaz ishii kuroda yu darvish. All got that chance i doubt it changes with ryu.
    I see Bills as our clear #4 though I wouldn't be surprised if at somepoint in the season they change it up so we don't have 3 righties followed by 2 lefties. In comparison to other players that made the jump from another league to the mlb, I see Ryu at best a young Kuroda, at worst Kaz Ishii.

vCash
    I wouldn't consider Jansen an awesome closer just yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyblu View Post
    I see Bills as our clear #4 though I wouldn't be surprised if at somepoint in the season they change it up so we don't have 3 righties followed by 2 lefties. In comparison to other players that made the jump from another league to the mlb, I see Ryu at best a young Kuroda, at worst Kaz Ishii.
    i think that's something they should do from the start, they could either have Ryu be the #4 and bills be the #5 or have grienke be the opening day starter and have clayton go #2 which i am fine with, because both would get 33 starts

vCash
    We have A LOT of hitting for the middle of the order but nothing really at the top.

Yes Ellis gets on but I love him more as a #2 hitter than a #1 hitter, I felt our line up suffered a bit from that move.

We also have a ton of starting depth and relivers, and infield, hopefully we can move them for something.

As of now we have

Starting Lineup
    C - A.J. Ellis
    1B - Adrian Gonzalez
    2B - Mark Ellis
    3B/SS - Luiz Cruz
    SS/3B - Hanley Ramirez (interchangeable in my mind)
    LF - Carl Crawford when healthy but until then ? Schumaker? Castellanos? Hairston? Herrera?
    CF - Matt Kemp (although I'd love to see him not there for his longevity)
    RF - Andre Ethier

Bench (7, for 15 total)
    Justin Sellers
    Juan Uribe (more than likely will be traded, if can't, released)
    Alex Castellanos (we have no other outfielders on the bench)
    Skip Schumaker
    Jerry Hairston (where doesn't he play?)
    Elian Herrera (will come back down to earth next year)
    Nick Punto (scheduled to be moved)

Starters (good lord we're deep)
    1 - Clayton Kershaw
    2 - Zack Grienke
    3 - Josh Beckett
    4 - Chad Billingsley
    5 - Ted Lilly
    ? - Hyun-Jin Ryu/Aaron Harang/Chris Capuano

Relivers (9 total)
    Ronald Belisario
    Scott Elbert
    John Ely
    Stephen Fife
    Javy Guerra
    Kenley Jansen
    Brandon League
    Shawn Tolleson
    Josh Wall

I except Ely, Fife and Wall to head back to AAA or be traded.

We're going to go with 5 starters and Ryu will get spot starts and long relief. He also may give Lily some rest from time to time until they're sure he's fully recovered.

but man that rotation looks good and so does the bullpen, we can go 6-9 every game and be sure, or do what the Angels started in 2002 and pitch our guys 6 innings, gain the lead, bring in the bullpen 7-8-9 and finish it with Tolleson/Guerra/Belisario then League then Jansen, so beautiful!

As for the line up, D Matts may be looking at Craw to hit leadoff but he was a WAY better #2 for the Rays so a line up of

M. Ellis
    Crawford
    Kemp
    Gonzo
    Ramirez
    Ethier
    Cruz
    A.J. Ellis

would be the best way to go. man...thats just sick huh?
    Honestly...

Im not seeing any roster issues here. We might have a SP and OF to spare - but hardly overloaded.

IF there is any issue with this roster, it's that our batting coach is more respected than the head coach. Mattingly is a terrible fit for this team. He would have done better as the coach of the teams Torre managed. MAttingly needs to go to a small market team and the Dodgers need a big name coach to run this thing.

.... Tony LaRussa? Bobby Valentine?

This is a nice looking squad on paper but I'm still not blown away with it. Im scratching my head at how this is a 230 million$ squad
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    Boob V? Stop it

vCash
    Boobie V? Yeah, I agree SportsFan - you stop it right now, PJ...

Bad PJ...
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    Bobby V and Lasorda are best friends
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast