Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Possible Roster Issues

We have A LOT of hitting for the middle of the order but nothing really at the top.

Yes Ellis gets on but I love him more as a #2 hitter than a #1 hitter, I felt our line up suffered a bit from that move.

We also have a ton of starting depth and relivers, and infield, hopefully we can move them for something.

As of now we have

Starting Lineup
    C - A.J. Ellis
    1B - Adrian Gonzalez
    2B - Mark Ellis
    3B/SS - Luiz Cruz
    SS/3B - Hanley Ramirez (interchangeable in my mind)
    LF - Carl Crawford when healthy but until then ? Schumaker? Castellanos? Hairston? Herrera?
    CF - Matt Kemp (although I'd love to see him not there for his longevity)
    RF - Andre Ethier

Bench (7, for 15 total)
    Justin Sellers
    Juan Uribe (more than likely will be traded, if can't, released)
    Alex Castellanos (we have no other outfielders on the bench)
    Skip Schumaker
    Jerry Hairston (where doesn't he play?)
    Elian Herrera (will come back down to earth next year)
    Nick Punto (scheduled to be moved)

Starters (good lord we're deep)
    1 - Clayton Kershaw
    2 - Zack Grienke
    3 - Josh Beckett
    4 - Chad Billingsley
    5 - Ted Lilly
    ? - Hyun-Jin Ryu/Aaron Harang/Chris Capuano

Relivers (9 total)
    Ronald Belisario
    Scott Elbert
    John Ely
    Stephen Fife
    Javy Guerra
    Kenley Jansen
    Brandon League
    Shawn Tolleson
    Josh Wall

I except Ely, Fife and Wall to head back to AAA or be traded.

We're going to go with 5 starters and Ryu will get spot starts and long relief. He also may give Lily some rest from time to time until they're sure he's fully recovered.

but man that rotation looks good and so does the bullpen, we can go 6-9 every game and be sure, or do what the Angels started in 2002 and pitch our guys 6 innings, gain the lead, bring in the bullpen 7-8-9 and finish it with Tolleson/Guerra/Belisario then League then Jansen, so beautiful!

As for the line up, D Matts may be looking at Craw to hit leadoff but he was a WAY better #2 for the Rays so a line up of

M. Ellis
    Crawford
    Kemp
    Gonzo
    Ramirez
    Ethier
    Cruz
    A.J. Ellis

would be the best way to go. man...thats just sick huh?

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    I love how the dodgers are remaining quiet right now. After signing Grienke and Ryu your not hearing much and I think that's on purpose. Trying to trade Cap and Harang is not a priority but will need to happen, yet, they haven't diminished their trade value by trying to unload them. As teams get closer to the start of ST we will start to hear about pitchers being hurt/getting hurt/never recovered from last year and that is when teams will over spend for our 2 guys.

I do have to give Colletti some credit. Because the money is there he can start to act like a real GM, not this clown who overspends on tier 2/3 talent just to get them in a Dodger Uni. That said the Harang/Cap signings may have the best payoff yet.

3B is still my biggest concern as well as who leads off. Mark Ellis is not a typical lead off guy for our club. Our 3-6 hitters will be so much better having a real threat to steal bases because of the amount of fastballs they will get. Give me Dee Gordon's body with Mark Ellis' brain.

vCash
    It's weird I want Crawford to hit leadoff and he is the most logical fit, but I've heard all the issues with he doesn't like hitting leadoff and at times he has had trouble getting on base and working counts...

If that's the case Mark Ellis is the best fit, he hit leadoff for times last year, so Don knows he's comfortable in that role, although I still see Don giving Crawford a shot hitting leadoff, cause it's just the best fit...

As for the surplus in pitching, I see Capuano definitely being traded and possible Harang being traded aswell... Lilly has to work his way back from injury and will start in the bullpen more than likely... Ely and Wall are goners from the roster and I hope Ely is a goner from our organization

vCash
    Maybe AJ can bat higher than 8th this year, eh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    It's weird I want Crawford to hit leadoff and he is the most logical fit, but I've heard all the issues with he doesn't like hitting leadoff and at times he has had trouble getting on base and working counts...

If that's the case Mark Ellis is the best fit, he hit leadoff for times last year, so Don knows he's comfortable in that role, although I still see Don giving Crawford a shot hitting leadoff, cause it's just the best fit...

As for the surplus in pitching, I see Capuano definitely being traded and possible Harang being traded aswell... Lilly has to work his way back from injury and will start in the bullpen more than likely... Ely and Wall are goners from the roster and I hope Ely is a goner from our organization
    It's not that he doesn't like hitting leadoffs, it's just that he's a better #2 or #3 because he's a line drive hitter who doesn't work counts or get on base.

lots of teams are calling on cap but not so much on harang, who the dodgers would rather move.

vCash
    Ryu will not get start spots or do long relief. The Dodgers didn't sign Ryu to a big contract so he can pitch in relief, he will be a starter. Crawford will be the leadoff hitter, that's a no brainer, and he should be ready by spring training.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Ryu will not get start spots or do long relief. The Dodgers didn't sign Ryu to a big contract so he can pitch in relief, he will be a starter. Crawford will be the leadoff hitter, that's a no brainer, and he should be ready by spring training.
    agree

vCash
    lol "big contract" the first 2-3 years he's making less than cap

who cares about contract, I say he'd do spots and long relief because he's brand new.

Unless he is great in spring training or Lily or bills has a set-back he wont be in the rotation.

quote this and find out when it comes true.

vCash
    I hear Troy Glaus is looking to make a come back... ; )

vCash
    You're smoking some pretty good stuff if you think Ryu isn't gonna start in the rotation...

vCash
    I believe it is in RYu's contract that he will be a starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3:24756860
    I hear Troy Glaus is looking to make a come back... ; )
    You got Spezio to kick off the rally? Haha. I heard he is still playing somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Glaus would fill a huge need if he would sign a minor league deal. He could play a little at 3rd, give Gonzalez days off against tough lefties at 1st, be a dh in interleague games and be a power bat off the bench if he's healthy.

Crawford has never hit well as a lead off hitter. He hits very well in the #2 slot. Ryu's contract says he can't be sent to the minors without his permission. He mos likely will be a starter but it is possible he will pitch out of the pen until a 5th starter is needed.

vCash
    hahaha I cant believe in here too as well as some of my dodger fan buddies think like Ryu is actually going to come out of the pen.. lmao He didnt leave his country to become a reliever. Only way that happens is if he completely blows for the first half of the season with 6+ era. And maybe in the playoffs if we make it there when they shorten the rotations .

vCash
    we have 9 relievers not counting Ryu, so were going to need to trim that down to 7, I am not in love with our bench, i hope that we can get something decent back when we trade harang and capuano.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast