Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

Thread: Lmfao!!!!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    I think money was a factor. Just if it was close, Greinke clearly had no reason not to choose the team he thinks is better.
    That and that the Rangers didn't want to include an opt out clause after 3 seasons. He's going to a great pitchers park and is going to inflate his numbers. I think he opts out in three years and gets a bigger contract. I think the fake inflation of his value helped him decide too.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

    Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    292
    vCash
    1500
    I understand the perception of some and it's easy to get attacked on the almighty internet. Firstly, Yes, I HAVE renewed my tix! Myself and daughter have tons of gear, shirts, hats, authentic jerseys, flags for the house, we go to fan-fest every year since moving here in 2005. Fair weathered? No, A relatively new fan based on us only living here for 7 years..yes...agreed. I ask the questions b/c I want my voice heard as a season ticket holder to the guy handling my acct. JD and/or Nolan don't call me asking to renew...I bent that cats ear to let my voice be heard...just like we do here. I love this team. I invest my $900 or so in tix and parking, well, because I f#cking love baseball!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    vCash
    1500
    You guys think this front office sucks? Try being a Cubs fan haven't won a world series since 1908,haven't been in one since 1945,and your complaining and yes the Cubs do have the highest ticket prices in MLB as of last year.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgageman1973 View Post
    You guys think this front office sucks? Try being a Cubs fan haven't won a world series since 1908,haven't been in one since 1945,and your complaining and yes the Cubs do have the highest ticket prices in MLB as of last year.
    Gotta love the people like this who are like...man, my front office sucks worse than yours, so your concerns don't matter. I feel bad for any team with a ****** front office, no team should have to put up with that ****. In an ideal world, every set of owners would be like the LAD group or Mark Cuban or George Steinbrenner, etc. But of course, that's not how the real world works. At the same time, just because your front office sucks, no matter how bad, it doesn't mean that other fan bases deserve that either.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,685
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    Gotta love the people like this who are like...man, my front office sucks worse than yours, so your concerns don't matter. I feel bad for any team with a ****** front office, no team should have to put up with that ****. In an ideal world, every set of owners would be like the LAD group or Mark Cuban or George Steinbrenner, etc. But of course, that's not how the real world works. At the same time, just because your front office sucks, no matter how bad, it doesn't mean that other fan bases deserve that either.
    He's just saying that we're better off than most of the other teams in the league.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    He's just saying that we're better off than most of the other teams in the league.
    How so? We sucked for 49 years (if you include the time the team was in Washington)...had two appearances in the World Series...the second one being one of the most heartbreaking things I think most of us have ever/will ever see(n). Then we blow a huge division lead. Lose a one game play-in. And then for the third year in a row lose our biggest free agent.

    Our team keeps getting worse and everyone keeps banking on JD to pull a miracle out of his *** when, in reality, if we look back logically, JD's best moves aren't nearly as impressive as several people (myself included) built them up to be. Who spent more this offseason? The Cubs or Rangers? It's hard to argue Theo versus Daniels since they have both worked in different sets of circumstances...namely financially. But looking at it right now, I think the Cubs will be in a better place than the Rangers in 3 years. Because the Rangers have done nothing to prove that thought process wrong.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    How so? We sucked for 49 years (if you include the time the team was in Washington)...had two appearances in the World Series...the second one being one of the most heartbreaking things I think most of us have ever/will ever see(n). Then we blow a huge division lead. Lose a one game play-in. And then for the third year in a row lose our biggest free agent.

    Our team keeps getting worse and everyone keeps banking on JD to pull a miracle out of his *** when, in reality, if we look back logically, JD's best moves aren't nearly as impressive as several people (myself included) built them up to be. Who spent more this offseason? The Cubs or Rangers? It's hard to argue Theo versus Daniels since they have both worked in different sets of circumstances...namely financially. But looking at it right now, I think the Cubs will be in a better place than the Rangers in 3 years. Because the Rangers have done nothing to prove that thought process wrong.

    I agree with you....the Cubs are positioning themselves to really be contenders in a couple years, about the same time as our young guys should be developed and so when it comes time to acquire much needed free agents, the Cubs will not shy away to get the guys they are targeting and will always out bid us because we are stingy on a few million or and extra year.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    How so? We sucked for 49 years (if you include the time the team was in Washington)...had two appearances in the World Series...the second one being one of the most heartbreaking things I think most of us have ever/will ever see(n). Then we blow a huge division lead. Lose a one game play-in. And then for the third year in a row lose our biggest free agent.

    Our team keeps getting worse and everyone keeps banking on JD to pull a miracle out of his *** when, in reality, if we look back logically, JD's best moves aren't nearly as impressive as several people (myself included) built them up to be. Who spent more this offseason? The Cubs or Rangers? It's hard to argue Theo versus Daniels since they have both worked in different sets of circumstances...namely financially. But looking at it right now, I think the Cubs will be in a better place than the Rangers in 3 years. Because the Rangers have done nothing to prove that thought process wrong.
    How are you still on this? Its not about HOW MUCH MONEY YOU SPEND. Jesus dude, you've gotta be the densest guy on these boards. We've put up data on which teams win the world series based on payroll rankings. We've put up data showing that there's a good chance that Hamilton began his decline this past year and is in no way worth the money he signed for. We've shown how as good as Greinke is, he's just not a #1 starter and shouldn't be paid as such. We are all in agreement that we don't want to trade Profar or Andrus to get Upton, which is what the DBacks want (trust me, if Olt package was enough, Upton would be a Ranger tomorrow). Same theory goes for RA Dickey for whom the Blue Jays overpaid for. I mean what more evidence do you WANT?

    The team has money but JD wants to spend it wisely. I don't blame him. There are a lot of kids in the minors ready to contribute and its also wise to have the patience to let your system produce talent. Give Gentry and Martin a shot. Give Olt a shot at first. See what Perez and Scheppers can really do. Hell, even let Bourbon get some MLB at bats. I understand that a lot of players seem to have simply slipped through the Rangers fingers and I agree, Greinke would have been a great addition. But I'll be very happy when this team is financially healthy and competitive while the Angels are suffocating under their "investments". Just relax, be patient and be happy.
    Last edited by harlequin018; 12-23-2012 at 04:20 AM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    These kind of people are called fair weather fans folks. Sure he bought season tickets last year after two consecutive trips to the World Series, but when he thinks the Rangers are gonna suck this year he doesn't want to go to the games. Way to support your team
    Typical brain-dead response. So what if they're fair weather? Where exactly is the badge and official criteria for being a true , die hard fan? What precisely is the reward for it?

    Hey dude- here's a clue for ya: Even the players support their team only as far as their pay check goes. Just ask Cliff Lee, Napoli and Hamilton. It is a business and they only care about you as far as their ticket sales and pay checks.


    While I see that you hedged and pulled your foot out of your mouth in following posts , this type of fan-stupid elitism is quite irritating.

    The only voice fans have is with their wallet. Feel free to carry on with the brain dead mantra though I guess

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,685
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveone View Post
    Typical brain-dead response. So what if they're fair weather? Where exactly is the badge and official criteria for being a true , die hard fan? What precisely is the reward for it?

    Hey dude- here's a clue for ya: Even the players support their team only as far as their pay check goes. Just ask Cliff Lee, Napoli and Hamilton. It is a business and they only care about you as far as their ticket sales and pay checks.


    While I see that you hedged and pulled your foot out of your mouth in following posts , this type of fan-stupid elitism is quite irritating.

    The only voice fans have is with their wallet. Feel free to carry on with the brain dead mantra though I guess
    So what if they're fair weather? Seriously? I mean yeah I guess there's technically nothing wrong with being one of those fans that still wears those Josh Hamilton jersey shirts, goes on about how someone has more RBI's than another, doesn't know anything about farm systems or prospects, and goes to games just to get drunk, wear a Rangers jersey, root for them because they're winning now, and pretend you have half of an idea of what's going on. To me that's a fair weather fan.

    Sure I was probably wrong in calling him fair weather for not renewing season tickets after a bad year (93-69 isn't half bad) when in actuality I realize now it was more of a boycott because of the rising ticket prices without, in his opinion, a rise in overall team quality. I can't speak for anybody else here, but I've been a Rangers fan through thick and thin and if I had the money I would have season tickets every year.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    So what if they're fair weather? Seriously? I mean yeah I guess there's technically nothing wrong with being one of those fans that still wears those Josh Hamilton jersey shirts, goes on about how someone has more RBI's than another, doesn't know anything about farm systems or prospects, and goes to games just to get drunk, wear a Rangers jersey, root for them because they're winning now, and pretend you have half of an idea of what's going on. To me that's a fair weather fan.

    Sure I was probably wrong in calling him fair weather for not renewing season tickets after a bad year (93-69 isn't half bad) when in actuality I realize now it was more of a boycott because of the rising ticket prices without, in his opinion, a rise in overall team quality. I can't speak for anybody else here, but I've been a Rangers fan through thick and thin and if I had the money I would have season tickets every year.
    OK fair enough. However, many have done the same such as myself. First game I went to was when I was six at the old Arlington Stadium in the left field bleachers, 1973. Regardless of that fact, sports is a business. I liken this to the clowns that worship Jerruh and what once was the Cowboys. They are only for the adulation and bottom line-period. So forgive me if I get irritated when the elitest nonsense starts being spewed. Who cares who has half an idea and who doesn't?

    Frankly I would love to see Jerruh's Stadium at least half empty on a regular basis til he gets the message and is forced to fire himself. He's ruined the Cowboys. So in all candor it would behoove Ranger Fans to do the same and send a message. The type of breakdown this past season along with the previous ones in the WS is unacceptable, collectively speaking. I could care less about someone who wants to issue half baked criticism on fans that have been with Texas since the beginning. It is a baseless argument. the wait has been long enough. Thus Texas is all out of mulligans. If you don't compete to win in all phases, all the time, then it is a waste of time and the price of a ticket

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,685
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveone View Post
    OK fair enough. However, many have done the same such as myself. First game I went to was when I was six at the old Arlington Stadium in the left field bleachers, 1973. Regardless of that fact, sports is a business. I liken this to the clowns that worship Jerruh and what once was the Cowboys. They are only for the adulation and bottom line-period. So forgive me if I get irritated when the elitest nonsense starts being spewed. Who cares who has half an idea and who doesn't?

    Frankly I would love to see Jerruh's Stadium at least half empty on a regular basis til he gets the message and is forced to fire himself. He's ruined the Cowboys. So in all candor it would behoove Ranger Fans to do the same and send a message. The type of breakdown this past season along with the previous ones in the WS is unacceptable, collectively speaking. I could care less about someone who wants to issue half baked criticism on fans that have been with Texas since the beginning. It is a baseless argument. the wait has been long enough. Thus Texas is all out of mulligans. If you don't compete to win in all phases, all the time, then it is a waste of time and the price of a ticket
    I can agree with the Jerry Jones part. The reason people think Cowboys fans are bad and unenthusiastic is because of Jerry's outrageous ticket prices keep the "real" fans out. Half of the people there are seem to be celebrities like Tom Cruise or LeBron James or whoever else you see in the seats.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,425
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I can agree with the Jerry Jones part. The reason people think Cowboys fans are bad and unenthusiastic is because of Jerry's outrageous ticket prices keep the "real" fans out. Half of the people there are seem to be celebrities like Tom Cruise or LeBron James or whoever else you see in the seats.
    I refuse to step foot in Jerry World, due to the senseless ticket prices. I was able to sit in the lower section of the ballpark for a WS game for less than what it would cost me to sit in a mid-tier seat at Cowboy stadium. It infuriates me that for me to take my family to a game would cost over $800 if I paid face value and sat in just average seats (including parking & food/drinks).

    I have a good friend who has season tickets to the Texans. He has first row seats (granted in the end zone) that cost only $77/seat. I go to at least one game a year with him, and we always have a blast. The seats are great and reasonable (in my opinion).

    If Jerry ever stepped down from GM I might go to a game, but until then I will keep me personal protest against going to Cowboy stadium. I still watch almost every Cowboy game on tv though.
    Last edited by Cursed Rangers; 12-23-2012 at 05:59 PM.

    Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,685
    vCash
    1500
    Now that I think about it, I don't think any of my family or friends have been the Cowboys Stadium lol.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    How are you still on this? Its not about HOW MUCH MONEY YOU SPEND. Jesus dude, you've gotta be the densest guy on these boards. We've put up data on which teams win the world series based on payroll rankings. We've put up data showing that there's a good chance that Hamilton began his decline this past year and is in no way worth the money he signed for. We've shown how as good as Greinke is, he's just not a #1 starter and shouldn't be paid as such. We are all in agreement that we don't want to trade Profar or Andrus to get Upton, which is what the DBacks want (trust me, if Olt package was enough, Upton would be a Ranger tomorrow). Same theory goes for RA Dickey for whom the Blue Jays overpaid for. I mean what more evidence do you WANT?

    The team has money but JD wants to spend it wisely. I don't blame him. There are a lot of kids in the minors ready to contribute and its also wise to have the patience to let your system produce talent. Give Gentry and Martin a shot. Give Olt a shot at first. See what Perez and Scheppers can really do. Hell, even let Bourbon get some MLB at bats. I understand that a lot of players seem to have simply slipped through the Rangers fingers and I agree, Greinke would have been a great addition. But I'll be very happy when this team is financially healthy and competitive while the Angels are suffocating under their "investments". Just relax, be patient and be happy.
    I'm the densest guy on these boards? Then why is it every time you post an illogical argument, and I counter with FACTS AND STATS you ignore it and change your argument or don't reply? Like this post:
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...&postcount=112

    And others like it. And on top of that, people are trying to bash Greinke. The ACTUAL stats posted on these boards and in logical news posts prove Greinke is actually better than his numbers using proof of defenses behind him as well as advanced stats. Why is it that another AL Exec is saying the Rangers screwed up this offseason (see the best/worst offseason rankings on ESPN for the quote)? But hey, you know more than an AL Exec, right?

    Also, I never asked the Rangers to get Pujols or Hamilton. But we do need an ace. And we refuse to spend money or prospects on a proven one. All you do is blindly defend the Rangers. You even made a $100 bet with me that they'd be a BETTER team this year than last year. But no, I'm the dense one. Time to just start reporting you if all you're gonna do is attack my posts without any real evidence to back it up. Go find someone else to troll.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •