Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58

Thread: Lmfao!!!!

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,651
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    Ah, okay then. You buy my tickets and I'll go out to as many games as makes me a true fan in your eyes.

    BTW, I'll take a new Elvis Andrus jersey too. I've been wanting one for the last couple years. I can give you my address in private message if you need to know where to send it. I'd buy one myself but I hate to shell out $300, even though he's my favorite Ranger, considering the Rangers may deal him and not re-sign him. Still, I want to be a good Ranger fan, so thanks in advance for all the tickets and gear.

    What the hell are you talking about? I was agreeing with y'all after I found out about the high ticket prices

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,425
    vCash
    1500
    JOB, on a different note, your signature on Guinness beer is brillant!

    Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,651
    vCash
    1500
    Haha thanks, I love me some Guinness. I just wish we could get along and agree that ticket prices suck, the FO has not **** the bed yet, and all will be fine in Ranger land. At least we're not the Angels.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Haha thanks, I love me some Guinness. I just wish we could get along and agree that ticket prices suck, the FO has not **** the bed yet, and all will be fine in Ranger land. At least we're not the Angels.
    We all do get along (usually). I just can't agree with some things.

    The product as presented before me just isn't the product I really want to spend my money on...not like past years. I just don't see any free agents that will improve this team from where it was last year. That said, I hope I'm wrong, maybe we can pull off a trade or that the youth movement will work. I just don't see it though.

    Oh, and you're wrong about Guinness too! Heineken is better!!! (Kidding around creating a new argument, btw )

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,651
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe1280 View Post
    We all do get along (usually). I just can't agree with some things.

    The product as presented before me just isn't the product I really want to spend my money on...not like past years. I just don't see any free agents that will improve this team from where it was last year. That said, I hope I'm wrong, maybe we can pull off a trade or that the youth movement will work. I just don't see it though.

    Oh, and you're wrong about Guinness too! Heineken is better!!! (Kidding around creating a new argument, btw )
    I'm a firm believer in the youth movement. I think the addition of Profar and the fact that we're going to have him for a long time, and the signing of a few B class FA (Soria, Swisher maybe, LaRoche) will make up for the production loss in Hamilton. I also strongly believe that Darvish is going to become a legitimate ace next year, possibly a top 5-10 AL SP based on how he finished his season last year. That should more then make up for losing out on Greinke who's 29 compared to Darvish who is 25 or 26. He's also a lot cheaper too.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I'm a firm believer in the youth movement. I think the addition of Profar and the fact that we're going to have him for a long time, and the signing of a few B class FA (Soria, Swisher maybe, LaRoche) will make up for the production loss in Hamilton. I also strongly believe that Darvish is going to become a legitimate ace next year, possibly a top 5-10 AL SP based on how he finished his season last year. That should more then make up for losing out on Greinke who's 29 compared to Darvish who is 25 or 26. He's also a lot cheaper too.
    I don't get the either/or comparisons...we could have had BOTH. It wouldn't have cost us prospects or mortgaged our future. All it took was more money. And considering the Rangers aren't doing anything else with that money, that's what bugs me. It just seems like we got owners who care more about profit margin than winning.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    I don't get the either/or comparisons...we could have had BOTH. It wouldn't have cost us prospects or mortgaged our future. All it took was more money. And considering the Rangers aren't doing anything else with that money, that's what bugs me. It just seems like we got owners who care more about profit margin than winning.
    This was my point also.

    Playing Profar/Olt/Perez/Martin/whoever shouldn't prevent us from being able to add a Greinke or keeping a Hamilton on the team. We didn't have to reduce our budget almost $40m just to play the youth. We easily could've done both.

    (This goes for previous years when guys like Cliff Lee would have signed for an extra year. Lee wasn't preventing a young pitcher from getting a shot. He would simply have been improving a spot that was filled by a lesser player.)

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,651
    vCash
    1500
    Well money wasn't a factor in the Greinke deal. He just chose LAD over Texas because he thought they were a better team top to bottom.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,068
    vCash
    1500
    I think that money would be better spent next season when some significant arms become available. This FA class was weak.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,651
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    I think that money would be better spent next season when some significant arms become available. This FA class was weak.
    Next year's FA class is even worse.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    3,248
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    I think that money would be better spent next season when some significant arms become available. This FA class was weak.
    Next years class is 10X worse than this one. Throw in the fact that there are no legitimate bats available either to build around.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

    "I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

    Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

    Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Well money wasn't a factor in the Greinke deal. He just chose LAD over Texas because he thought they were a better team top to bottom.
    I think money was a factor. Just if it was close, Greinke clearly had no reason not to choose the team he thinks is better.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,068
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    Next years class is 10X worse than this one. Throw in the fact that there are no legitimate bats available either to build around.
    I see three pitchers next year I'd take over Greinke.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,357
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    I see three pitchers next year I'd take over Greinke.
    Seriously? Who? I don't mind Lincecum, although it's hard to ignore his year last year. But who else? The oft injured Josh Johnson? No way is he better or worth more money than Greinke. Then who? No one outside of Lincecum or a magically healthy Johnson has an argument at this stage in their career over Greinke.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin018 View Post
    I see three pitchers next year I'd take over Greinke.
    You're assuming these players will make it to free agency.

    Also, Lincecum is the only pitcher who could be better than Greinke. Unfortunately, he's coming off a dismal year this year, so if he rebounds, he'll have a bigger pricetag than Greinke and if he doesn't, do you really want to pay him to come here?

    You'll also have the same competition for these FA's (if they make it to Free Agency), so what makes you think they're all going to want to come to Texas? If Greinke didn't want to come to a team on the verge of winning a championship because he didn't like the park we play in, then what makes you think any of these guys are going to want to come to a very average team that still plays in a hitters park?

    Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •