Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Nolasco hasn't had an era under 4 since 2008, and the last three seasons 4.51, 4.67, 4.48 yikes!!!! I'd hope the Angels don't sell too short on PB and other prospects. We need a consistent number 2/3 as we saw last year Wilson flamed after the All star game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAL-LAA-LAK-USC View Post
    Ill be down for a pb n wells for nolasco n will pay nolasco remaining salary n they csn keep their prospect as long as they take wells n his remaining 2 yrs
    Miami is trying to cut salary, so they won't touch Wells. They are building for the future, and Nolasco sucks. He is their Wells for a year. PB would be their future CFer. Giving us a top left handed prospect for PB and riding themselves of Nolasco.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    Nolasco hasn't had an era under 4 since 2008, and the last three seasons 4.51, 4.67, 4.48 yikes!!!! I'd hope the Angels don't sell too short on PB and other prospects. We need a consistent number 2/3 as we saw last year Wilson flamed after the All star game.

CJ is a ? for me too. but in his defense he was injured i think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by st1999 View Post
    harold reynolds said before hot stove went off the air that angels and cubs should swap garza for borjos. cubs need a cf and we need a sp. he said a perfevt fit for both teams.
    Garza is coming of injury, so it could happen as DePoto seems to favor what ifs.

vCash
    I wonder what the Cubs would ask for. Guessing Bourjos, Cowart, and like Jepsen or something like that?
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halopower31 View Post
    I wonder what the Cubs would ask for. Guessing Bourjos, Cowart, and like Jepsen or something like that?
    No way. The most they could ask for would be Bourjos and a mid-level prospect. Garza is a free agent after this year, so there's no way he's worth much more than three years of Bourjos.

vCash
    He's not even worth Bourjos alone imo.

I would gladly trade Calhoun and two lower prospects for him but not Bourjos.

vCash
    well if we get garza before opening day he could net a draft pick back.

vCash
    Do you guys think Kendrys/Conger would be enough to get Hellickson?

By the way, I am also all for going all in for Stanton. I know it's a huge reach, but I think Trumbo, Bourjos, Richards, Cron, Maronde, Lindsey would get it done. It would deplete our Minor League system outside of Cowart, but I think it would be totally worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateGM View Post
    Do you guys think Kendrys/Conger would be enough to get Hellickson?

By the way, I am also all for going all in for Stanton. I know it's a huge reach, but I think Trumbo, Bourjos, Richards, Cron, Maronde, Lindsey would get it done. It would deplete our Minor League system outside of Cowart, but I think it would be totally worth it.

umm not really.
    i would like to have him but not expense of giving up all our minor league.

again pitching is our need not offense.

also you owule have to give up more then that for hellickson

vCash
    espn posted a rumor asking is nolasco for trumbo fair. or is nolasco worth trumbo.

vCash
    UGH! They can't be serious to even think Nolasco is anywhere close to what Trumbo can offer in value. They better include some prospects to send over to us as well... smh

While multiple reports have stated the Los Angeles Angels do not intend on trading Mark Trumbo, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark tweets Tuesday that the Miami Marlins have interest in the slugger and are trying to pry him away from LA in trade talks that potentially include right-hander Rocky Nolasco.

The Angels may prefer to move centerfielder Peter Bourjos, but Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald cites a source saying the Marlins have no interest in Bourjos and want a better bat in return.

Nolasco may or may not be a great fit for the Angels simply because he may not be better than what he would be replacing. After Jered Weaver, C.J. Wilson and Tommy Hanson, the Angels can go with Joe Blanton and either Garrett Richards or Jerome Williams, very capable No. 5 starters, and Richards has a chance to be a lot more than that.

Nolasco, however, is an above-average starting pitcher, despite ERAs in the 4.5 range in each of the past three seasons. Fielding Independent Pitching suggests that the Marlins defense has hurt Nolasco dearly, to the tune of more than a half of a run per season since the start of the 2010 campaign.

Still, Nolasco will make $11.5 million in 2013 and then hit the free agent market. Trading four control years of Trumbo for that may be too steep. Stay tuned.

- Jason A. Churchill

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    UGH! They can't be serious to even think Nolasco is anywhere close to what Trumbo can offer in value. They better include some prospects to send over to us as well... smh
    He is not an above average pitcher even with an ERA .5 above what is could be. Also in the AL ERA's are .5 higher, so what we see is what we would get. A below average overpaid pitcher who could be a FA next year.

Past

As for Stanton, he is the next superstar, trade most of the farm, but only trade PB Trumbo Richards conger and Linsey. Offer to take on Nolasco contract.

With Stanton no need for both PB and Trumbo

vCash
    Hell no to Nolasco!

vCash
    No on Nolasco unless Stanton is coming back with him.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast