Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    You know what I am hoping for??? That the Yankees end up taking Vernon Wells from us. Come on JeDi!!! Close the deal.
    I think if we trade Wells and $24 million, making it only $8M a year the Yankees have to pay, would make it happen. Hope we get a couple of draft picks out of it, or a prospect or two. Wells was showing some pop in his bat last year, and moving into a hitter friendly park and regular play, he could put up decent numbers for the Yankees.
    Last edited by Suns4ever67; 12-17-2012 at 12:30 PM.

vCash
    What on earth makes you think that the Yankees are willing to pay Wells 8M a year on top of giving us prospects (draft picks cannot be traded) when they could easily go out and sign a free agent for far less than that and not have to give up a prospect while likely getting a better player.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanTD View Post
    If we pickup 40 we should get something decent back.
    No we shouldn't, we should just be glad we saved a couple million

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanTD View Post
    I would think he would be worth whatever Cody Ross would receive. More thank 1 million a year.
    Why should he be worth what Cody Ross gets?
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post

Outside of Boston Ross is average at best, and an average defender. Ross may get 20 for 2 yrs. If we trade wells for a bag of balls and pickup 25 to 30 million, I feel he is a better deal than Ross at 2 to 4 million more per year.

vCash

Outside of Boston Ross is average at best, and an average defender. Ross may get 20 for 2 yrs. If we trade wells for a bag of balls and pickup 25 to 30 million, I feel he is a better deal than Ross at 2 to 4 million more per year.

vCash
    It is extreemly unlikely that we would get ANYTHING in return for Vernon, and we would have to pay him to play on another team.

For what it's worth, he is worth more on our bench and can be serviceable vs LHP to give our starters a breather once in a blue moon. Good clubhouse guy too.

Morales should be the guy traded in return for pitching prospects. He will be gone in free agency in a year with no return for us anyways. Trumbo will outproduce Morales within a 5 year projection, Trumbo can play the outfield corner slots and 1B if needed, AND is cheaper.

With the current pitching rotation... Bourjos D is severly needed as nightly scores are likely to be 9-7.
    Last edited by FalconsNation02; 12-17-2012 at 04:28 PM.

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halopower31 View Post
    I know Vladdy doesn't want this to happen , but I wouldn't mind signing Loshe to a 3yr 36M contract. Don't know if he will cost more than that. It makes our rotation solid and we still need a "solid" starter to compete with the Tigers.
    I was about to suggest this, though i wouldn't do that much or long, something similar to Dumpster would be fine, 2/26 maybe 3/30

since we wont be giving up a first rounder i don't think it's all that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    It is extreemly unlikely that we would get ANYTHING in return for Vernon, and we would have to pay him to play on another team.

For what it's worth, he is worth more on our bench and can be serviceable vs LHP to give our starters a breather once in a blue moon. Good clubhouse guy too.

Morales should be the guy traded in return for pitching prospects. He will be gone in free agency in a year with no return for us anyways. Trumbo will outproduce Morales within a 5 year projection, Trumbo can play the outfield corner slots and 1B if needed, AND is cheaper.

With the current pitching rotation... Bourjos D is severly needed as nightly scores are likely to be 9-7.
    That's not true, if he has a good year in 2013 i think we can make a qualifying offer and get draft picks back.

Btw i think that Pitt might be interested in a 1st basemen we might be able to trade trumbo there.
    What on earth makes you think that the Yankees are willing to pay Wells 8M a year on top of giving us prospects (draft picks cannot be traded) when they could easily go out and sign a free agent for far less than that and not have to give up a prospect while likely getting a better player.
    some can be traded, remember last year the tigers and marlins traded picks as part of the anibal sanchez trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    That's not true, if he has a good year in 2013 i think we can make a qualifying offer and get draft picks back.

Btw i think that Pitt might be interested in a 1st basemen we might be able to trade trumbo there.

some can be traded, remember last year the tigers and marlins traded picks as part of the anibal sanchez trade.
    If the Angels didn't give Hunter a QO this year after an amazing year, what makes you think they will give Morales a QO next year? Not a chance.

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    marlins ar interested in bourjos. bourjos for nolasco swap is what they want.
    how about nolasco and stanton for bourjos, morales, cron, conger and prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by st1999 View Post
    marlins ar interested in bourjos. bourjos for nolasco swap is what they want.
    how about nolasco and stanton for bourjos, morales, cron, conger and prospect.
    How about your crazy they would want some kind of pitching in this deal. Most likely Richards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmena3 View Post
    How about your crazy they would want some kind of pitching in this deal. Most likely Richards
    what if we had richards to that group. do you think theyll do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by st1999 View Post
    what if we had richards to that group. do you think theyll do it.
    Richards in the place of Cron, but where do you think Stanton is going to play? The outfield is already filled and he's not riding the pine

vCash
    Yes, the outfield would be so crowded if they traded Bourjos and somehow got Stanton in return. It would be way too difficult to play Stanton over Trumbo...

vCash
    how about playing pujols at third trumbo at first. pujols played first before.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast