Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 260
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,332
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    You know what I am hoping for??? That the Yankees end up taking Vernon Wells from us. Come on JeDi!!! Close the deal.
    I think if we trade Wells and $24 million, making it only $8M a year the Yankees have to pay, would make it happen. Hope we get a couple of draft picks out of it, or a prospect or two. Wells was showing some pop in his bat last year, and moving into a hitter friendly park and regular play, he could put up decent numbers for the Yankees.
    Last edited by Suns4ever67; 12-17-2012 at 12:30 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,611
    vCash
    1500
    What on earth makes you think that the Yankees are willing to pay Wells 8M a year on top of giving us prospects (draft picks cannot be traded) when they could easily go out and sign a free agent for far less than that and not have to give up a prospect while likely getting a better player.
    __________________________________._________

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,611
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanTD View Post
    If we pickup 40 we should get something decent back.
    No we shouldn't, we should just be glad we saved a couple million

    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanTD View Post
    I would think he would be worth whatever Cody Ross would receive. More thank 1 million a year.
    Why should he be worth what Cody Ross gets?
    __________________________________._________

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Carlos
    Posts
    96
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    No we shouldn't, we should just be glad we saved a couple million



    Why should he be worth what Cody Ross gets?
    Outside of Boston Ross is average at best, and an average defender. Ross may get 20 for 2 yrs. If we trade wells for a bag of balls and pickup 25 to 30 million, I feel he is a better deal than Ross at 2 to 4 million more per year.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Carlos
    Posts
    96
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    No we shouldn't, we should just be glad we saved a couple million



    Why should he be worth what Cody Ross gets?
    Outside of Boston Ross is average at best, and an average defender. Ross may get 20 for 2 yrs. If we trade wells for a bag of balls and pickup 25 to 30 million, I feel he is a better deal than Ross at 2 to 4 million more per year.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    1500
    It is extreemly unlikely that we would get ANYTHING in return for Vernon, and we would have to pay him to play on another team.

    For what it's worth, he is worth more on our bench and can be serviceable vs LHP to give our starters a breather once in a blue moon. Good clubhouse guy too.

    Morales should be the guy traded in return for pitching prospects. He will be gone in free agency in a year with no return for us anyways. Trumbo will outproduce Morales within a 5 year projection, Trumbo can play the outfield corner slots and 1B if needed, AND is cheaper.

    With the current pitching rotation... Bourjos D is severly needed as nightly scores are likely to be 9-7.
    Last edited by FalconsNation02; 12-17-2012 at 04:28 PM.

    L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,281
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halopower31 View Post
    I know Vladdy doesn't want this to happen , but I wouldn't mind signing Loshe to a 3yr 36M contract. Don't know if he will cost more than that. It makes our rotation solid and we still need a "solid" starter to compete with the Tigers.
    I was about to suggest this, though i wouldn't do that much or long, something similar to Dumpster would be fine, 2/26 maybe 3/30

    since we wont be giving up a first rounder i don't think it's all that bad.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,281
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    It is extreemly unlikely that we would get ANYTHING in return for Vernon, and we would have to pay him to play on another team.

    For what it's worth, he is worth more on our bench and can be serviceable vs LHP to give our starters a breather once in a blue moon. Good clubhouse guy too.

    Morales should be the guy traded in return for pitching prospects. He will be gone in free agency in a year with no return for us anyways. Trumbo will outproduce Morales within a 5 year projection, Trumbo can play the outfield corner slots and 1B if needed, AND is cheaper.

    With the current pitching rotation... Bourjos D is severly needed as nightly scores are likely to be 9-7.
    That's not true, if he has a good year in 2013 i think we can make a qualifying offer and get draft picks back.

    Btw i think that Pitt might be interested in a 1st basemen we might be able to trade trumbo there.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    What on earth makes you think that the Yankees are willing to pay Wells 8M a year on top of giving us prospects (draft picks cannot be traded) when they could easily go out and sign a free agent for far less than that and not have to give up a prospect while likely getting a better player.
    some can be traded, remember last year the tigers and marlins traded picks as part of the anibal sanchez trade.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    That's not true, if he has a good year in 2013 i think we can make a qualifying offer and get draft picks back.

    Btw i think that Pitt might be interested in a 1st basemen we might be able to trade trumbo there.

    some can be traded, remember last year the tigers and marlins traded picks as part of the anibal sanchez trade.
    If the Angels didn't give Hunter a QO this year after an amazing year, what makes you think they will give Morales a QO next year? Not a chance.

    L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    fullerton
    Posts
    237
    vCash
    1500
    marlins ar interested in bourjos. bourjos for nolasco swap is what they want.
    how about nolasco and stanton for bourjos, morales, cron, conger and prospect.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    235
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by st1999 View Post
    marlins ar interested in bourjos. bourjos for nolasco swap is what they want.
    how about nolasco and stanton for bourjos, morales, cron, conger and prospect.
    How about your crazy they would want some kind of pitching in this deal. Most likely Richards

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    fullerton
    Posts
    237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmena3 View Post
    How about your crazy they would want some kind of pitching in this deal. Most likely Richards
    what if we had richards to that group. do you think theyll do it.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    235
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by st1999 View Post
    what if we had richards to that group. do you think theyll do it.
    Richards in the place of Cron, but where do you think Stanton is going to play? The outfield is already filled and he's not riding the pine

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    vCash
    1500
    Yes, the outfield would be so crowded if they traded Bourjos and somehow got Stanton in return. It would be way too difficult to play Stanton over Trumbo...

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    fullerton
    Posts
    237
    vCash
    1500
    how about playing pujols at third trumbo at first. pujols played first before.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •