Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Torii Hunter at it again..??

This thread can either be merged, deleted or remain, but when I watched this interview of Torii Hunter, I couldn't help the thought that he may not get the warmest welcoming when he comes to Angel Stadium. Here's why... http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...y_25598907&v=3

I don't know if he's just really excited to belong to a new team, his ego is enormous, or that I'm reading too much into it, but I feel really disappointed in him. Seems like he lost some of his class or something. I know there was a past thread about Torii, plenty of things have been said about him, and this might be viewed as opening an old wound, but this seems like the icing on the cake for me. (Thank you for letting me semi-rant, by the way.)

vCash
    I guess I don't understand what the issue is. He did nothing wrong in that interview. Did he even mention the Angels?

vCash
    Like Tori a lot was sorry to see him go!! I heard nothing wrong with anything Tori said in that interview?? He is an up beat player pulling for his new team, exactly what anyone would expect from him!!

vCash
    I like to protect my own, but Torii's first comment of the interview was mocking Josh Hamilton and his wife in regards to "courting/dating a new girl (meaning a team)" in free agency. Granted it was kind of a cheesy analogy, but I get protective when someone knocks one of my guys :P Then he went on to say that the Tigers are the best team...seemed like a contradiction because he said all of those things for as long as he was an Angel. I couldn't help but get the vibe that he didn't want to be with any other team than the Tigers when so many times he stated how he only wanted to remain an Angel. I don't know, maybe it was just me :P

vCash
    Seems a little bitter, too bad because I thought he had more class.
    Avatar will not change until the Angels reach .500
    thanks to popo85 for sig

vCash
    Yah, I think you guys are looking for a reason to be angry. There was nothing bad in that interview. I don't see how his flirtation comment related to Hambone at all. And I highly doubt Hunter intended it to. It was just an analogy for the process he went through last year of looking for a team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation24 View Post
    Then he went on to say that the Tigers are the best team...seemed like a contradiction because he said all of those things for as long as he was an Angel. I couldn't help but get the vibe that he didn't want to be with any other team than the Tigers when so many times he stated how he only wanted to remain an Angel. I don't know, maybe it was just me :P
    What is he supposed to say?

"Ya I don't really want to be on the Tigers, the Angels are clearly the better team but they just did not offer me enough money so that is why I came here."

Hunter thought the Twins and their fans were the best when he was with the Twins
    Hunter thought the Angels and their fans were the best when he was with the Angels
    Hunter thinks the Tigers and their fans are the best

I also don't think he was taking a shot at Hamilton at all
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    What did he say that was wrong??