Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I say if we can just get Marshon Brooks I'd be thrilled, as he was the player I wanted to draft that year in the first place. If we get Humphries as well then that just sweetens things up for us. I think he is a decent player.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Trade 1 - The Rumor: Ersan Ilyasova for Kris Humphries. (January 15)

The Nets and Bucks may both be thinking, "should we have given these guys as much money as we did??" The Nets gave Humphries $24 million over two (after the Bobcats were reportedly ready to offer him $29 million over three). The Bucks gave Ilyasova $40 million over five ($32.4 million guaranteed) after the Nets and Raptors were thinking of giving him four year deals. Neither are playing up to expectations. In fact, both have been consigned to the bench in recent games. It's not that either isn't capable of matching last year's numbers. It's just that they aren't doing it consistently or at the salary level. Call it the "Buyers Remorse Times Two" trade.

Ilyasova on the Nets would give them a deep threat at the four which they don't currently have. Hump on the Bucks significantly reduces their exposure in the out years of Ilyasova's deal, a time when they will need to make decisions on a number of their young players.

Does it work under CBA? Just about, but the Bucks might have to throw in a minimum contract, of which they have three: Joel Pryzbila, Doron Lamb and Marquis Daniels.
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/12/19/...mors-sb-nation

Brooklyn is a little slow on trade rumors. We already had the Ersan rumor to Nets last season and early part this year. Besides there made up trade of Humphries is horrible! He would have to be shipped to a third team. Were over stocked for big's the way it is. Like 1250 radio Sparky him self said he doesn't want anything from the Nets other then Marshon Brooks or forget it! Or get a third team involved.

Then they want a tiny filler besides Ersan! lol Daniels been playing well as of late. Yeah Lamb stinking it up but very little time here and there with Skiles crazy rotations and Lamb is a rookie and I would wait and see what we have with him. Instead of dealing him way to fast. They can have Prybilla for all I care as a throw in. But Humphries to a third team yet while we get Marshon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/12/19/...mors-sb-nation

Brooklyn is a little slow on trade rumors. We already had the Ersan rumor to Nets last season and early part this year. Besides there made up trade of Humphries is horrible! He would have to be shipped to a third team. Were over stocked for big's the way it is. Like 1250 radio Sparky him self said he doesn't want anything from the Nets other then Marshon Brooks or forget it! Or get a third team involved.

Then they want a tiny filler besides Ersan! lol Daniels been playing well as of late. Yeah Lamb stinking it up but very little time here and there with Skiles crazy rotations and Lamb is a rookie and I would wait and see what we have with him. Instead of dealing him way to fast. They can have Prybilla for all I care as a throw in. But Humphries to a third team yet while we get Marshon.
    Yah getting Humprhies alone would be a total wash. It wouldn't help us at all which is why it wouldn't happen.

vCash
    Brooklyn has been hot on the trail of Ilyasova for months, going back to this past offseason when the Nets tried to sign the 25-year-old to replace Kris Humphries.

That hasn't stopped the rumblings, however, as it was only a few weeks ago that Journal-Sentinel beat writer Gery Woelfel said that the Nets were still pursuing a deal to bring Ilyasova to Brooklyn, according to Kurt Helin of NBC Sports' Pro Basketball Talk.

Ilyasova, who fell under the "base-year compensation" clause in the old CBA, becomes eligible to be traded in about two weeks.

As Helin notes, the Bucks have interest in the Nets MarShon Brooks and Tyshawn Taylor, but neither makes enough to match Ilyasova's $7.9 million cap hit in 2012-13.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...und-the-league

We already knew about Nets wanting Ersan. Shocked Bleacher report mentioned Taylor, Even though I believe Sparky and Woelfel did mention his name fast after Sparky mainly wanted Marshon Brooks. Yeah its B.R. but still a rehash rumor that's still going on and could start happening January 15 is the day Ersan can be dealt with trade rules of recent signed players.

vCash
    I would do Ersan and Mbah Moute for Humprhries.

Next year he becomes an expiring deal already. Get out of those contracts.

vCash
    I wouldn't want Humphries taking up minutes from Henson. Marshon would be a young sg for the Bucks though.

vCash
    I wouldn't want Humphries taking up minutes from Henson. Marshon would be a young sg for the Bucks though.
    If that was a response to the Ersan+Luc swap, Ersan and Luc are both taking minutes from Henson right now. If anything, it would free up minutes for Henson, as well as Harris.

vCash
    Moute can be starting sf and get maybe 18 minutes while Harris gets 30. Everyone needs a back up. Ersan can be the back up pf till traded.

vCash
    Moute can be starting sf and get maybe 18 minutes while Harris gets 30. Everyone needs a back up. Ersan can be the back up pf till traded.
    Well if the Nets want Ersan, and they'll take Mbah Moute as well for Humphries, then it's really a no brainer in my opinion. It will free up more cap flexibility to get the kind of players that make a team a contender instead of a middle of the pack pretender.

Guys like Ersan and Mbah Moute are nice contributors to have on your team. But not for 12 million dollars.

vCash
    ^Agreed

vCash
    I doubt the Nets land Josh Smith. Hawks will want more then the little bit the Nets are offering. Still think the Nets come calling soon for Ersan.

vCash
    Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

Report: Nets offering MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries & a 1st round draft pick to either Milwaukee/Atlanta for Ersan Ilyasova or Josh Smith.
    -Twitter

vCash
    Do it immediately. We should stockpile picks for next year's draft and draft ourselves a couple of legit building blocks of the future.

vCash
    I'd look to ship Humphries to a third team. Bobcats were rumored to want Humphries for Ben Gordon.

vCash
    Don't necessarily like the idea of bringing Humphries in. Maybe Hammond can put him together with one of our expirings or Monta to get us something else that isn't a power forward.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast