Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    It sounds like you want to make a trade to just make a trade.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    All this chit chat about Cabrera and Fielders gloves and mobility on the field is just hot air. They do not get paid to be gold glovers. THEY ARE PAID TO HIT THE BALL. Thats it anything we get out in the field is a bonus. Not every player is great at both. I myself would rather have Miggys MVP bat than any just a glove type of guy. Same with Fielder. I watch baesball for Hitting then comes pitching fielding to me is way overrated when it comes to these type of players. Ask yourself this do you turn on a game just to watch the fielding first. I would say not.

vCash
    Its not only what the fans want to see, its what wins the most games. Offense is much more valuable than defense

vCash
    Don't get me wrong defense is important but the fans and myself pay to see good hitting first then pitching if its a good matchup. I have never heard anyone say hey I'm going to the ball game today to see maybe that 1 great defensive play that changed the game. I look at it this way who cares if you made a sports center highlight play if your up or down 4 or 5 runs. Its kind of like hitting a three run homer when your up 10 doesn't matter. The fan would rather see the 3 run homer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    It sounds like you want to make a trade to just make a trade.
    This thread started out as "If you could make ONE move as the Tigers GM"...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    All this chit chat about Cabrera and Fielders gloves and mobility on the field is just hot air. They do not get paid to be gold glovers. THEY ARE PAID TO HIT THE BALL. Thats it anything we get out in the field is a bonus. Not every player is great at both. I myself would rather have Miggys MVP bat than any just a glove type of guy. Same with Fielder. I watch baesball for Hitting then comes pitching fielding to me is way overrated when it comes to these type of players. Ask yourself this do you turn on a game just to watch the fielding first. I would say not.
    I agree completely. Cabrera and Fielder are paid to hit the ball. They play 1B and 3B.

GasMan had asked me about infield defense and I described it...power at the corners, defense up the middle. I still agree with you. All I am saying is that Peralta needs to be our best infield defender, and I really don't care if the guy hits .200 at the SS position. Everywhere else on the field .250 or higher is the hope and expectation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Its not only what the fans want to see, its what wins the most games. Offense is much more valuable than defense
    That is why the 2012 San Francisco Giants as a team offensively were 30th in HRs, 15th in RBI, 18th in Slugging, and 12th in Runs scored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    Don't get me wrong defense is important but the fans and myself pay to see good hitting first then pitching if its a good matchup. I have never heard anyone say hey I'm going to the ball game today to see maybe that 1 great defensive play that changed the game. I look at it this way who cares if you made a sports center highlight play if your up or down 4 or 5 runs. Its kind of like hitting a three run homer when your up 10 doesn't matter. The fan would rather see the 3 run homer.
    Hey, I get it...I think that I even said it before in an earlier post. The current fan wants to see HRs. If they didn't there would be a Bunt Derby at the All Star Game instead.

I am not oblivious to what the average fan wants out of the game today.

All I am saying is that when you look at the Tigers you have offense all over the place: 2012 regular season BA stats: A Jax .300, Dirks .322, Cabby .330 w/44HR, Prince .313 w/30HR, Avila .243 w/9HR (on a down year), Infante .257, Hunter career avg .277 w/25HRs, and Martinez career avg .303 w/20HRs.

WE HAVE PLENTY OF OFFENSE. What we don't have is infield defense and the major component to that is that we get the least defensively from Peralta...if he got to more balls, we would win more games. That is all I am saying.

I am not asking to create the "All Defensive Team" in Detroit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    That is why the 2012 San Francisco Giants as a team offensively were 30th in HRs, 15th in RBI, 18th in Slugging, and 12th in Runs scored.
    They were a scrappy team that scored when they had to score and benefited from stellar pitching down the stretch. You think their defense won them the world series? Where were the Mariners? Or the Angels? Those teams were great defensively too, yet they didn't make the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    They were a scrappy team that scored when they had to score and benefited from stellar pitching down the stretch. You think their defense won them the world series? Where were the Mariners? Or the Angels? Those teams were great defensively too, yet they didn't make the playoffs.
    Dekker, come on man. The Angels were PROJECTED to be there, the playoffs that is, but the injury bug got them, especially in their rotation. The Mariners have NO offense...and you have to score to win.

You guys are banging the offense is everything drum...for a team that should be an offensive juggernaut, we did not hit at all in the World Series. And yeah, between Blanco, Pagan, Scutaro, Sandoval, and Crawford the SF Giants defense helped them win the World Series.

This is really getting blown out of proportion. GasMan wanted me to elaborate my feelings about my comments on infield defense...as we don't agree. I never said that the Seattle Mariners should have won the World Series or be in the playoffs.
    Last edited by T $$$; 12-21-2012 at 05:22 PM.

vCash
    Well...Dekker is going to make fun of us and say that our last few posts are technology's version of kissing and making up (just wanted to get out in front of Dekker)...lets move on GasMan.

My theory of a properly constructed baseball team is quite traditional, I must admit. Defensively, I have always started with the Catcher position; the catcher is in on every pitch and therefore the most important defensive position on the diamond. I then look to SS, then CF, then back to 2B. Those four positions, in my opinion must have three superior defenders preferably four. I then look to LF, then RF (I am more concerned with arm strength here than glove). Then 3B, then 1B (I really am not as concerned at 1B with good defense in the field as much as I am at the base being able to be scoop and dig throws).

I don't buy into the current offensive game or what I like to call Yankee-ball...power bats at every position, the offense dependent upon the long ball to win. I suppose that if the Tigers played at Yankee Stadium for all of their home games I would subscribe to that way of thinking. Don't get me wrong, I love home runs and those that can hit them...but I get just as excited for the two out single to the gap that scores two runs...I love it when guys make the pitchers work. I appreciate a timely bunt.

My feeling is that Comerica Park is a PITCHERS park and we should field a team accordingly.

Great pitching (at least starting pitching anyways), defensively strong up the middle, and power from the corners is how I look to build a baseball team.

What are your thoughts in regards to the above?
    I agree almost completely. I feel like the Tigers have a very good team that can best be improved by upgrading defensively at SS, 3B, and 1B. Because Miggy and Prince's bats dictate their defensive positions will not change, SS makes the most sense as an avenue for upgrading to a younger and more defensive player. I think the OF is in a good place with only a platoon partner for Dirks a need at this point.

I'm also against the pursuit of an expensive power bat at every position. I think that defense is underrated in this forum (even if it is overrated in the main forum) and OBP is as valuable as SLG (I always wished Ricky Henderson was a Tiger) and would love to see more team speed.

I would love more balance between the present and the future. I think the Prince signing will haunt this team a few years.

All in all, we're generally pulling in the same direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I agree almost completely. I feel like the Tigers have a very good team that can best be improved by upgrading defensively at SS, 3B, and 1B. Because Miggy and Prince's bats dictate their defensive positions will not change, SS makes the most sense as an avenue for upgrading to a younger and more defensive player. I think the OF is in a good place with only a platoon partner for Dirks a need at this point.

I'm also against the pursuit of an expensive power bat at every position. I think that defense is underrated in this forum (even if it is overrated in the main forum) and OBP is as valuable as SLG (I always wished Ricky Henderson was a Tiger) and would love to see more team speed.

I would love more balance between the present and the future. I think the Prince signing will haunt this team a few years.

All in all, we're generally pulling in the same direction.
    Yeah, Prince while a great hitter came with about five too many years for my liking...but I will give it to him...the man can flat out RAKE! And to all fields...even with a shift. That is a true hitter.

vCash
    Yeah, Prince while a great hitter came with about five too many years for my liking...but I will give it to him...the man can flat out RAKE! And to all fields...even with a shift. That is a true hitter.
    Part of me wishes he was a bad clubhouse guy so I could at least be happy about wanting them to move him for a good SS but Prince really seems to be a great guy and is a lot of fun to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    You don't need to apologize to me or anyone else, just try to state argument without turning this little piece of heaven into the mlb main forum.

Or the Pistons forum. There already is a clown over there thats been banned . He upsets the whole forum. He got banned for a week and the same day he came back he got banned again for a month.
    Much more peaceful there now.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Part of me wishes he was a bad clubhouse guy so I could at least be happy about wanting them to move him for a good SS but Prince really seems to be a great guy and is a lot of fun to watch.
    Why wouldn't he be a great guy? He got 209 million didn't he?
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast