Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Cabrera is the weakest defensive link followed by Fielder.
    I am not getting into this with you, again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    I am not getting into this with you, again...
    Just stating the obvious.

vCash
    I'm not drunk enough to get in this one either. Cabrera played well at 3B. Prince didn't **** up too bad at 1B. ***** is great. So is money. And alcohol makes the world go round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Dee Gordon can't catch the ball. One error every five games.
    He can't hit the ball either. He's Cale Iorg in-disguise.

If you want a good young defender that can't hit, go after Brendan Ryan. Better yet, ""get a little - give a little"" and just put Danny Worth at SS.

But the best idea is to leave Peralta there. Great glove - very good, solid, accurate arm. His lack of range was hardly mentioned in 2011.... not until The Statue took over for Inge at 3B, forcing Peralta to play a couple steps closer to 3B on most -at-bats involving RH-hitters.So that's when it became all Peralta's fault so many batted grounders were becoming singles. Because Cabrera can smash, he was labeled Mr. Can't Do Nothing Wrong' at 3B and the blame shifted to Peralta.

Well that's just not fair. Peralta is our best glove in our infield.... even better than Infante. Until Dave finds a nice two-way player for SS, leave Jhonny alone. His bat will blunce back in 2013. His history says he's a roller coaster hitter and his ride is poised to be upward in 2013. Good for him. Good for his impending free agency.

Now Delmon was just the opposite. His history showed he would downslide in 2012 and he did. Worst possible timing for Delmon to reach free agency. But watch Delmon have a rebound season in 2013. He may not make more than 2-3M, but some lousy team rival will get a good bargain on him.... provided that ankle heals properly.
    That's funny because I watched a ton of slow grounders go by his right side all season, he's as much of a statue as Cabrera.

vCash
    Maybe Fielder should be at 3B, at least he can dive side-to-side, I know it sounds ridiculous but at least we would be better at 1B no matter how bad Prince did at third lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    I'm not drunk enough to get in this one either. Cabrera played well at 3B. Prince didn't **** up too bad at 1B. ***** is great. So is money. And alcohol makes the world go round
    If by played well you mean bottom 5 3B defense in baseball.

vCash
    If by played well you mean bottom 5 3B defense in baseball.
    I don't like defensive metrics for bigger guys. Miggy played a solid 3B. And that's all we asked of him. SOLID.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    I don't like defensive metrics for bigger guys. Miggy played a solid 3B. And that's all we asked of him. SOLID.
    I have to agree here. Miggy exceeded everyone's thoughts on him playing 3B. Was it below average, sure, but it didn't hurt the team like Inge's bat would have at 3B.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I have to agree here. Miggy exceeded everyone's thoughts on him playing 3B. Was it below average, sure, but it didn't hurt the team like Inge's bat would have at 3B.
    That doesn't make him a good (or even below average) defensive 3B just because he's better than our collective very low expectations. He is near the bottom. And I'm not sure why defensive metrics work for smaller guys but not bigger guys, that sounds like you don't like the conclusion of the stats for Miggy so therefore they must be inaccurate for "big guys". No one is debating Miggy's elite value at the plate, but his value as a DEFENDER is low and definitely lower than Peralta (who is average) and lower than his value as a 1B (where he was average).

vCash
    Miggy was only lacking in range and his glove is average and is arm is above average if not plus. I don't feel a 3B needs much range due to the fact most of the time it's all reaction and usually consists of a step and dive.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Well why don't we get rid of Miggy? I mean from the talk here lately, defense is far more important than offense and Miggy is just awful. Awful I tell you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Well why don't we get rid of Miggy? I mean from the talk here lately, defense is far more important than offense and Miggy is just awful. Awful I tell you.
    Never said or implied this. I was commenting on T$$$ calling Peralta the weakest defensive link which isn't true.

Miggy is the most valuable player on the Tigers with only Verlander being close, but he's actually even more valuable as a 1B. Pointing out his flaws (or the flaw in how he's used) isn't hating, just being an honest fan.
    Last edited by GasMan; 12-19-2012 at 09:55 PM.

vCash
    He'll be back at 1B where he will be more valuable, but right now, his value is in being able to play 3B at a capable level to allow Prince play 1B and Martinez DH so we can get all 3 big bats in the lineup. I don't see any other way unless you want v-mart to play the field or prince go to left haha

vCash
    It makes more sense to have VMart play 1B since he's a better defender and Fielder DH, but obviously in NL parks Fielder will be getting the nod over him. Food for thought.

vCash
    Never said or implied this. I was commenting on T$$$ calling Peralta the weakest defensive link which isn't true.

Miggy is the most valuable player on the Tigers with only Verlander being close, but he's actually even more valuable as a 1B. Pointing out his flaws (or the flaw in how he's used) isn't hating, just being an honest fan.

You cannot even figure out where YOU stand on your own argument...one minute Cabrera is the worst and Fielder is okay, then the next minute Cabrera is okay and Fielder should DH. Make up your damn mind.

Furthermore, anyone who says that Cabrera is a worse defender than Fielder is a complete fool. I don't think Cabrera would ever win a gold glove at 1B but he surely would get much closer than Fielder ever will.
    Last edited by T $$$; 12-20-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast