Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'd fire Jim Leyland and hire Joe Maddon.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Joe Maddon is under contract.
    You can only trade managers at this stage.
    Rays would want more than Leyland for Maddon. Probably an All Star player would be needed to complete the deal.

If I had only one more move this winter, I think it's crucial to get a lefty reliever. I do not trust Coke and there's really no quality lefty right now, to serve with Phil.

vCash
    Hey, this is a pointless fantasy thread.....DON'T TAKE AWAY MY HOPES AND DREAMS!
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Trade Rod Allen and Peralta/Boesch/Crosby/Santiago for Vin Scully and Dee Gordon. Solves SS issue and gets rid of Rod's dumb "seed" comments...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Trade Rod Allen and Peralta/Boesch/Crosby/Santiago for Vin Scully and Dee Gordon. Solves SS issue and gets rid of Rod's dumb "seed" comments...
    Jhonny Peralta is WAY better than Dee Gordon. Seriously. Where did this idea that Dee Gordon is good come from?
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    He's young and he's fast. And with that speed comes better range. He isn't better than peralta, but he's what these guys want to see at SS. He'll swing the stick like Danny Worth, he'll play defense like Danny Worth. Only the thing is, Dee Gordon has a much higher ceiling. He isn't there yet though and won't help us right now.

vCash

My dream trade

we send in a 8 player blockbuster

SP Porcello,

RP Wilk,

SS Peralta,

OF Boesch

3B Castellanos

to Chicago Cubs for

SS Castro

OF Soriano ( Us reading them of Alfonso will be key in getting this done )

RP Marmol

vCash
    How bout Fielder, Nick C, Avisail Garcia, Dirks and Porcello to the Rockies for Tulowitski and Carlos Gonzalez. We move Miggy to 1st and Peralta to 3rd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpaw24 View Post
    how bout fielder, nick c, avisail garcia, dirks and porcello to the rockies for tulowitski and carlos gonzalez. We move miggy to 1st and peralta to 3rd.
    omg!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    He's (Dee Gordon) young and he's fast. And with that speed comes better range. He isn't better than peralta, but he's what these guys want to see at SS. He'll swing the stick like Danny Worth, he'll play defense like Danny Worth. Only the thing is, Dee Gordon has a much higher ceiling. He isn't there yet though and won't help us right now.
    Dee Gordon can't catch the ball. One error every five games.
    He can't hit the ball either. He's Cale Iorg in-disguise.

If you want a good young defender that can't hit, go after Brendan Ryan. Better yet, ""get a little - give a little"" and just put Danny Worth at SS.

But the best idea is to leave Peralta there. Great glove - very good, solid, accurate arm. His lack of range was hardly mentioned in 2011.... not until The Statue took over for Inge at 3B, forcing Peralta to play a couple steps closer to 3B on most -at-bats involving RH-hitters.

So that's when it became all Peralta's fault so many batted grounders were becoming singles. Because Cabrera can smash, he was labeled Mr. Can't Do Nothing Wrong' at 3B and the blame shifted to Peralta.

Well that's just not fair. Peralta is our best glove in our infield.... even better than Infante. Until Dave finds a nice two-way player for SS, leave Jhonny alone. His bat will blunce back in 2013. His history says he's a roller coaster hitter and his ride is poised to be upward in 2013. Good for him. Good for his impending free agency.

Now Delmon was just the opposite. His history showed he would downslide in 2012 and he did. Worst possible timing for Delmon to reach free agency. But watch Delmon have a rebound season in 2013. He may not make more than 2-3M, but some lousy team rival will get a good bargain on him.... provided that ankle heals properly.
    Last edited by MotownWebGuy; 12-18-2012 at 09:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Dee Gordon can't catch the ball. One error every five games.
    He can't hit the ball either. He's Cale Iorg in-disguise.

If you want a good young defender that can't hit, go after Brendan Ryan. Better yet, ""get a little - give a little"" and just put Danny Worth at SS.

But the best idea is to leave Peralta there. Great glove - very good, solid, accurate arm. His lack of range was hardly mentioned in 2011.... not until The Statue took over for Inge at 3B, forcing Peralta to play a couple steps closer to 3B on most -at-bats involving RH-hitters.

So that's when it became all Peralta's fault so many batted grounders were becoming singles. Because Cabrera can smash, he was labeled Mr. Can't Do Nothing Wrong' at 3B and the blame shifted to Peralta.

Well that's just not fair. Peralta is our best glove in our infield.... even better than Infante. Until Dave finds a nice two-way player for SS, leave Jhonny alone. His bat will blunce back in 2013. His history says he's a roller coaster hitter and his ride is poised to be upward in 2013. Good for him. Good for his impending free agency.

Now Delmon was just the opposite. His history showed he would downslide in 2012 and he did. Worst possible timing for Delmon to reach free agency. But watch Delmon have a rebound season in 2013. He may not make more than 2-3M, but some lousy team rival will get a good bargain on him.... provided that ankle heals properly.
    Boy, there is a glowing endorsement that gives me confidence. And whoever said that life is fair anyway? MotownWebGuy, I respect your opinion...but Jhonny is a 3B...there is NO way around that. Ask Cleveland. Ask Arizona. Ask anyone else in MLB. We will be fine if we are forced to play Peralta at SS in 2013 because our SP rotation is lethal, Jhonny won't kill us at SS. But any way you slice it he is the weakest link defensively on the team with Infante coming in second. That is not the formula for a winning baseball team. Great pitching, weak defense up the middle, power on the corners, and a crappy bottom third of the order with the potential of trending up this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Boy, there is a glowing endorsement that gives me confidence. And whoever said that life is fair anyway? MotownWebGuy, I respect your opinion...but Jhonny is a 3B...there is NO way around that. Ask Cleveland. Ask Arizona. Ask anyone else in MLB. We will be fine if we are forced to play Peralta at SS in 2013 because our SP rotation is lethal, Jhonny won't kill us at SS. But any way you slice it he is the weakest link defensively on the team with Infante coming in second. That is not the formula for a winning baseball team. Great pitching, weak defense up the middle, power on the corners, and a crappy bottom third of the order with the potential of trending up this season.
    Cabrera is the weakest defensive link followed by Fielder.

vCash
    Porcello, NickC, Garcia, Crosby, 2 other prospects for Andre Either.

vCash
    Why do that when you can sign Bourne and not give up any prospects?
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Algmuskrats View Post
    Porcello, NickC, Garcia, Crosby, 2 other prospects for Andre Either.
    The Dodgers would willingly trade Either straight up for Boesch (I am kidding, but it would not take much) right now...his contract is too expensive, too long, and he did not hit or defend last year. Dodgers have made it known that they would love to off Either.

With the list above...I surmise you could get it done with Crosby, Boesch, and 1 other prospect (no one huge either). It would not take a package including Porcello, NickC, or Garcia unless someone else was added to it.

Not to mention, doesn't Either bat left-handed?
    Last edited by T $$$; 12-18-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast