Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Yankees sign Bobby Wilson! Eureka!

Catching problem solved! Oh.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

vCash
    Where have you gone Eli Whiteside?

With Whiteside gone, the Yankees have added some more insurance behind Chris Stewart, Francisco Cervelli and Austin Romine. They have signed Bobby Wilson to a minor league deal, Buster Olney reports. Wilson will be in spring training.

Wilson hit .211 with three homers and 13 RBIs for the Los Angeles Angels in a career high 75 games in 2012. The average might sound bad, but that is what Russell Martin hit.

As for Whiteside, he is now a Texas Ranger after making pit stops with the Giants, the Yankees and the Blue Jays thus far this winter. Basically, he has hit for the transaction

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan...m-bobby-wilson

vCash
    epic offseason
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Very strong defensive catcher with little to no offensive value. Whatever.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Very strong defensive catcher with little to no offensive value. Whatever.
    Don't we have that guy. I think his name is Chris Stewart.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

vCash
    What oh what is Cashman doing? Can't believe that the organization looks to these garbage pickups as an answer to our catching needs, come on! This guy doesn't even deserve a roster space. Sign AJ for a year, please! What a crappy offseason. We'll be taking the bus to the "Old Man's Home" on a nightly basis and hope for no complications.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Don't we have that guy. I think his name is Chris Stewart.
    Yes. The Yankees are definitely prioritizing defense over productive offensive value at the catcher's position.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    When I say that I'd rather have Posada in his current condition, I'm serious.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Hey, maybe we can get Eli Whiteside back LOL. That should be something Cashman, ownership and the "brain trust" could do.

vCash
    And if not Posada, maybe Yogi has a few innings left in the tank. What a joke this offseason is!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BE10sCoach View Post
    What oh what is Cashman doing? Can't believe that the organization looks to these garbage pickups as an answer to our catching needs, come on! This guy doesn't even deserve a roster space. Sign AJ for a year, please! What a crappy offseason. We'll be taking the bus to the "Old Man's Home" on a nightly basis and hope for no complications.
    He got 200+ PA's last season on a team that won 89 games. Plus he's been rated as a plus defender by multiple different metrics. He's not a starter but he's definitely a useful back-up option on basically every team.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BE10sCoach View Post
    It's depth. It's a guy you can have in the minors to spell a prospect and possibly help Romine, Sanchez, or Murphy learn a thing or 2. He allows the possibility of trading a prospect and still filling out a minors roster. Not every guy in the minor can be a real prospect. But you still need to have a full AA team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    He got 200+ PA's last season on a team that won 89 games. Plus he's been rated as a plus defender by multiple different metrics. He's not a starter but he's definitely a useful back-up option on basically every team.
    As of today, he may actually be the starter.

vCash
    awesome mullet, that is all.

vCash
    Sal Fasano's stache was better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast