Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    An aging Youkilis and an even more aging Ichiro for a combined 18.5 mil.

Money probably couldve been better spent signing Hamilton and using Chavez.

The fact that Cashman was even in contact with hack has-beens and never-was' like Wells and Glaus should tell us all we really need to know.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Right now Toronto and Tampa are looking very tough.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Right now Toronto and Tampa are looking very tough.
    LOL!!! Tampa currently looks to have less offense than they had last year, which wasn't very much.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Tampa isn't as good this year as last... no shields, and their offense is weaker. They got some good prospects but this isn't the year they contribute.

I think Toronto right now is the team to beat... and if the O's play like last year, then they will be tough as well. I think we definitely have a shot at the division.

With Toronto you dont know how everyone will mesh just yet... may take some time but they are quite good, especially if they get Dickey - that will be a solid rotation.. should be nice to see that in the AL east and see if they perform.

vCash

The fact that Cashman was even in contact with hack has-beens and never-was' like Wells and Glaus should tell us all we really need to know.
    Yeah but Hamilton signed for 25 million over 5 years. You would still have holes in other places such as Catcher, Third, and I guess DH. So it would still run you a lot more money than what we are paying now. Plus, Youk and Ichiro come off the books at the end of the year. We still have a Robbie Cano situation and quite a few free agents at the end of the year. With the $189 million goal, there was just no chance.

Although I must say, watching him hit like 50+ bombs out of Yankee Stadium for a couple year would have been awesome.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackals View Post
    Tampa isn't as good this year as last... no shields, and their offense is weaker. They got some good prospects but this isn't the year they contribute.

I think Toronto right now is the team to beat... and if the O's play like last year, then they will be tough as well. I think we definitely have a shot at the division.

With Toronto you dont know how everyone will mesh just yet... may take some time but they are quite good, especially if they get Dickey - that will be a solid rotation.. should be nice to see that in the AL east and see if they perform.
    I would be surprised if Toronto doesn't make the playoffs. On paper they are very good, but then again that does not translate into wins
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees90. View Post
    Yeah but Hamilton signed for 25 million over 5 years. You would still have holes in other places such as Catcher, Third, and I guess DH. So it would still run you a lot more money than what we are paying now. Plus, Youk and Ichiro come off the books at the end of the year. We still have a Robbie Cano situation and quite a few free agents at the end of the year. With the $189 million goal, there was just no chance.

Although I must say, watching him hit like 50+ bombs out of Yankee Stadium for a couple year would have been awesome.
    Hamilton's contract also pays him until he's 37 or 38, and he's not exactly the poster child for durability. Also, for those who hate on Swisher for disappearing in the post-season, Hamilton is a career .227 post-season hitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    I would be surprised if Toronto doesn't make the playoffs. On paper they are very good, but then again that does not translate into wins
    True. See 2012 Miami Marlins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Hamilton's contract also pays him until he's 37 or 38, and he's not exactly the poster child for durability. Also, for those who hate on Swisher for disappearing in the post-season, Hamilton is a career .227 post-season hitter.
    Josh was also an ALCS MVP.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash

Cash doesn't have the cash to spend on a guy like Hamilton. I would have preferred 3 years of Keppinger at 4M/year to 1 year of Youkilis at 12M but oh well.

Cash has had recent success with has beens (Chavez, Jones, Ibanez, Garcia, Colon, Wood) so no harm in checking in on cheaper under the radar guys like Glaus. Wells looks like a guy who is just going through the motions though, content to draw a fat paycheck. I hope he doesn't come our way, even if the Angels pay most of the freight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Josh was also an ALCS MVP.
    Yeah, that was basically the one time he caught fire in the post-season. He hit 4 of his 6 post-season HRs in that one series. He hit just .100 in the World Series that followed though.

vCash
    Is this a ****ing joke? Seriously?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    True. See 2012 Miami Marlins.
    Jays fan here. The Jays could easily win 100 games if things click right, i'd say that's their cieling.

The Jays floor is probably around 75 wins this season if things go wrong.

The Yanks while not as strong as before will still compete and be a threat for the division.

I would be shocked if Baltimore got higher than 4th next year.

The division should be pretty interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Jays fan here. The Jays could easily win 100 games if things click right, i'd say that's their cieling.

The Jays floor is probably around 75 wins this season if things go wrong.

The Yanks while not as strong as before will still compete and be a threat for the division.

I would be shocked if Baltimore got higher than 4th next year.

The division should be pretty interesting.
    I think 100 wins is a bit optimistic in the AL East. There are too many good teams and chances are none of them will win that many. On the other hand, I would be shocked if they didn't win more than 75. There are a lot of question marks, such as how Dickey and Johnson will transition to the AL East and whether Johnson can remain healthy. Buehrle's numbers vs. AL East teams aren't very good if I remember right. I would think at worst they go 81-81 and at best they get into the low 90s and challenge for a playoff spot.

vCash

Again, Cashman was not responsible!

You are barking up the wrong tree. Hal is the one!
    Nick(mush)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast