Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Yankees, Angels Discussed Vernon Wells

The Angels have a few too many outfielders after signing Josh Hamilton, though they prefer to trade Kendrys Morales or Vernon Wells rather than Peter Bourjos or Mark Trumbo according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The Yankees discussed Wells with Anaheim at the Winter Meetings.

Wells, 34, has hit .222/.258/.409 in 791 plate appearances with the Angels over the last two seasons. He's owed $21MM in each of the next two seasons, and the Halos know they'll have to eat most of that to facilitate a trade. The Yankees are seeking a right-handed bat to complement their all-lefty outfield, though they still have interest in free agent Scott Hairston. Wells has hit .266/.312/.481 against southpaws these last two years.

Rosenthal says the Phillies and Rays are also possible fits for Wells, though the former is ramping up their pursuit of Cody Ross. Wells has a full no-trade clause but would likely waive it for a team offering more playing time.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#r1Gl5GB8TfWKU8BJ.99

I hope they don't get him.

vCash
    Listen if he is basically free do it. But first I try hard as **** to get trumbo morales or bourgos.

vCash
    I would e rather signed Tori Hunter, you know, someone who can actually produce.

As it stands the yanks could probably get him somewhat cheap for 2 seasons.
    Last edited by The Jokemaker; 12-15-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    I would rather let one of the minor league OF guys get a shot than have Wells on the team, even if it is for free.

If we don't have any OF in the minors that can step up and hit .222 and get on base at a .258 clip we are in more trouble than we think the next couple years. Thats what Wells has done the last two years.

vCash
    I want Hairston

vCash
    Chris Dickerson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    I would e rather signed Tori Hunter, you know, someone who can actually produce.

As it stands the yanks could probably get him somewhat cheap for 2 seasons.
    Toobad he signed with the tigers last month

vCash
    The Angels sign Josh Hamilton.

The Yankees sign Vernon Wells.

Sounds like a typical Brian Cashman offseason.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I would rather let one of the minor league OF guys get a shot than have Wells on the team, even if it is for free.

If we don't have any OF in the minors that can step up and hit .222 and get on base at a .258 clip we are in more trouble than we think the next couple years. Thats what Wells has done the last two years.
    True. I'd rather give Melky Mesa a chance than take a flyer on Wells.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    dickerson can hit better than .222 if he played everyday and is a lot cheaper

vCash
    The Yanks lost their Right Feilder of the future last year when Cashman DFA"d a young Austin Maxwell. Now he"s with the Astros and is a top HR/RBI producer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuyNBye View Post
    The Yanks lost their Right Feilder of the future last year when Cashman DFA"d a young Austin Maxwell. Now he"s with the Astros and is a top HR/RBI producer.
    Except his name is Justin not Austin, he's not exactly young (29), he wasn't even good enough to be a full time starter for the worst team in baseball, and he struck out in one-third of his ABs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Chris Dickerson
    Free Dick!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

vCash

wells

Wells is another hasbeen. They are shopping Granderson. Wouldn't it be easier if they acquired a young CF like Bourgos to aid with that 189 salary cap nex year? Cashman seems to favor guys that are 6 years past their prime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    The Angels sign Josh Hamilton.

The Yankees sign Vernon Wells.

Sounds like a typical Brian Cashman offseason.
    Lol.. They took CashMan's briefcase full of money away from him.. He's relegated to looking for bargains at this point.

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast