Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: should marcus camby play more minutes as the back up 5

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • should marcus camby consistently play in the rotation.

17 73.91%
  • let him ride the bench and pay him his salary for nothing

8 34.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Yeah I could see Camby on the move, but it's more likely we keep for when Sheeds feet flare up. I definitely see his contract being used to bring in a player in the summer.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOULDA COULDA View Post
    Unless Tyson gets hurt don't see where Camby will be a solid contributor.

Knicks prefer to play small, even when playing bigger teams because of their 3pt prowress.

Other than an injury situation with Tyson. Don't see why we need Camby plus he can't even stay healthy. Think Grunfield has been absolutely phenomenal, GM of the year, this acquisition, which made sense at the time, might be his worst decision.

Do we keep him around just so he can play 7 minutes a night and grab 3/4 rebounds?

He's getting paid an awful nice salary for that.

I dont beleive the "Old-Heads" were Grunwalds idea .. maybe if we got the Old-Heads in February, I would give the credit to a 2nd season GM.
    Old-Head Camby will gell quickly in our system as a backup to rest Tyson, plus Camby perfomance in the midseason & postseason will earn every penny on his contract when we visit the ECF.

Im curious to find out the time-table of Camby, Amare, and Shump returns .. plus how will Woody work them into the rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    Why trade Camby?! I don't see the logic in the Knicks helping others when they can help themselves. The only way you trade Camby is if he has become a malcontent in the locker room, and I have not heard that. Camby is going to be useful for the Knicks something this season for sure. One of the Knicks strengths this year is depth and camaraderie, why mess that up?
    Because we are eventually going to start thinking ahead and if there is no role for the 38 yr old might as well get something in return.

I think any trade would be an offseason move anyway. He's not getting younger and if he's not gonna play, get some assets for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Because we are eventually going to start thinking ahead and if there is no role for the 38 yr old might as well get something in return.

I think any trade would be an offseason move anyway. He's not getting younger and if he's not gonna play, get some assets for him.
    I would rather wait for the offseason to move him or anyone for the matter right now. The guys are playing good, and the chemistry between the individual players is also good. Why upset that right now?

Plus last year he lead the lead in rebounds per 38 and look what the Knicks gave up for him, and some expect a first rounder for him currently and he has barely played and been injured.

I value what Camby brings to the locker room equally as I do what he brings to the court, and I'm sure the players and Knicks brass feels the same way.

vCash
    why you move a player by the way who I like?

- his age
    - he's hurt a lot
    - he's not in the rotation
    - he's not even on the depth chart, he's behind Chandler, Sheed and Thomas
    - Amare hasn't even played but soon so another notch deeper on the chart
    - his contract, its for this yr and then two more.
    - we aren't getting younger with him so picks or young potential is much needed
    - getting a young player sooner rather than later he plays with Kidd and company which is a tremendous learning experience.

And he doesn't seem to be one of Woody's favorites so if you can get something now you go for it.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    why you move a player by the way who I like?

- his age
    - he's hurt a lot
    - he's not in the rotation
    - he's not even on the depth chart, he's behind Chandler, Sheed and Thomas
    - Amare hasn't even played but soon so another notch deeper on the chart
    - his contract, its for this yr and then two more.
    - we aren't getting younger with him so picks or young potential is much needed
    - getting a young player sooner rather than later he plays with Kidd and company which is a tremendous learning experience.

And he doesn't seem to be one of Woody's favorites so if you can get something now you go for it.
    All the reasons why you won't get much in return for him, but risk upsetting locker room chemistry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    All the reasons why you won't get much in return for him, but risk upsetting locker room chemistry.
    I think a team on the brink of contending would trade a late first for him if his injuries get cleared up. I also don't think our lockeroom chemistry is contingent on Camby whatsoever. I think the best case scenario is Woody finding a role for Camby but that looks like a longshot. If he's not gonna play no reason, for him or for us, he should rot on our bench to end his career. Plenty of teams can use him. I could see a team like Dallas or even OKC trading something for him.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-16-2012 at 10:42 PM.

vCash
    In the playoffs, we'll be happy to have Camby. No need to trade him at all.

Besides, he has unfinished business here..........or are most of you fans here really THAT young, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IDunknown View Post
    He's rocking the Lakers logo.
    Shoulda closed it just for that lol
    The Future is Now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by micks4real View Post
    Shoulda closed it just for that lol
    why are you slobbing on his knob. come up with your own though instead of following every one else s hater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    why is this thread not closed? Any real knick fan knows that camby's injured.
    this!!
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    Camby will be used in the playoffs, I dont really see the need for Camby right now other than to get him fit for the playoffs. Knicks will have to face Pacers who have Hibbert, Heat and will have to defend the paint, Nets Brook Lopez, Kg with the celts and in the finals lakers Howard or Perkins with okc no need to trade size when we will need it later.
    Knicks and 49ers!

vCash
    I am completely fine with him not playing now cause we're winning. rest him as much as you can, its all about the playoffs where he will come up big for us .. he'll probably retire after this season anyway, along with Thomas especially if we win it all.

vCash
    Camby has Plantar Fasciitis.. He isnt healthy..

vCash
    Once Amare comes back Camby is going to see even less playing time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast