Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: should marcus camby play more minutes as the back up 5

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • should marcus camby consistently play in the rotation.

17 73.91%
  • let him ride the bench and pay him his salary for nothing

8 34.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IDunknown View Post
    He's rocking the Lakers logo.
    But he's in NY.

vCash
    18-5

Who gives a ****?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IDunknown View Post
    He's rocking the Lakers logo.
    shut up obviously his injury was only supposed to be for two weeks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyv7 View Post
    i consider woodson to be a good coach and the right man to steer the knicks in the right direction. i just want to know why he's not playing marcus camby. when the season started i thought it was great thatwe would have a two defensive center tandem to create havoc guarding the paint and other centers. its a shame to see wash up bums like kurt thomas getting more time than marcus camby a multiple time defensive player of the year. he doesn't even get garbage time. i think camby is the best option as the back up 5 . he runs he rebounds he plays defense he blocks and hes got a little mid range jumper for a big man. do you you think camby should get more minutes.
    Glad we had Kurt Thomas against the Cavs last night with Camby, Sheed, Amare injured and Chandler in early foul trouble. Thomas has always been a reliable defender, rebounder and midrange shooter.

vCash
    He's injured, really no need for this thread anymore.

vCash

Thumbs up Kidd, Pablo, Shump, Copeland, Amare, and Camby .. uptempo

This is not any conspiracy theory .. this is a top contender Knicks team the day we sign (HOF) Jason Kidd .. we want all our players 100% healthy come midseason & postseason.

If it aint broke no need to fix it .. when midseason arrive we will be happy all our "uptempo" players are rested and healthy for 28 minutes of a running transition system .. Camby, Amare, and Shump are run-run transition players off of a defensive-rebound .. scoring in the paint off a fastbreak, not shooting from the peremeter on a 3 on 2 fastbreak.

Our 18-5 record (10-0 at Home) are from coach Woody & Jason Kidds doing their best to get a "gellin-system" with our 48 minutes of Halfcourt-offensive players .. Felton, JR, Brewer, Novak, Melo, Kurt, Rasheed, and Tyson are all career halfcourt-offensive players.

Once u get the halfcourt-offensive players gellin by midseason we pick up the speed in the playoff run for position on alot of NBA injured teams...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagged QT View Post
    He's injured, really no need for this thread anymore.
    All u small minded peeps with little input other than your own are forever wanting a thread CLOSED .. before an open minded member could add some positive input.

vCash
    Unless Tyson gets hurt don't see where Camby will be a solid contributor.

Knicks prefer to play small, even when playing bigger teams because of their 3pt prowress.

Other than an injury situation with Tyson. Don't see why we need Camby plus he can't even stay healthy. Think Grunfield has been absolutely phenomenal, GM of the year, this acquisition, which made sense at the time, might be his worst decision.

Do we keep him around just so he can play 7 minutes a night and grab 3/4 rebounds?

He's getting paid an awful nice salary for that.

vCash
    Many coaches don't play guys if they don't have a distinct role for them and don't see the point of playing a guy for say 8-10 minutes as a role and not just spot duty. We have a role of backup C. Thats a role for 1 guy. Wallace has a stronghold on that role, likely due to this 3 point shooting and quarterback communication on D.

vCash
    Camby seems like a guy who needs to understand his role on the team and can't really be productive in 8-10 spot minutes. He's looked awful in all the spot minute opportunities we have given him. Kurt is better equipped to give us 8-10 productive spot minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Camby seems like a guy who needs to understand his role on the team and can't really be productive in 8-10 spot minutes. He's looked awful in all the spot minute opportunities we have given him. Kurt is better equipped to give us 8-10 productive spot minutes.
    I agree and for that reason expect Camby to be moved for either young potential or a pick and expiring.

There will be a team that really needs him like Miami but we won't go there.

Back out West would be the best bet for us. I dont want this off topic and discussing possibilities but based on what I saw and exactly what you just said moving him is a very strong possibility.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I agree and for that reason expect Camby to be moved for either young potential or a pick and expiring.

There will be a team that really needs him like Miami but we won't go there.

Back out West would be the best bet for us. I dont want this off topic and discussing possibilities but based on what I saw and exactly what you just said moving him is a very strong possibility.
    I won't speculate on possibilities but getting a first rounder or nice young role player would be tremendous. Hey even a trade exception could prove useful.

Late picks are gonna be good for us. When your core is set in stone and you can handpick certain guys for a particular bench role, its a lot easier to find gems late in the draft. Its just hard to find super talent. We don't need super talent, just the right guy that fits. Young scoring big or PG to play Prigs role. Established college players like Draymond Green or a DeJuan Blair always fall late because they don't have boom potential but for a team like ours they can settle into a nice supporting role where they are not asked to perform outside of their comfort zone.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-16-2012 at 06:39 PM.

vCash
    I dont want us to trade Camby, The main weaknesses we have he excels at both, rebounding and shot blocking. Woodson does seem set with Wallace but we have to find some minutes for Camby when healthy. I think he will actually fit with our guys who are out right now. He makes up for Stats defensive weaknesses more than any other center we have.

I understand we are 18-5 without him but I dont see what we can get back for our best rebounder and shot blocker on the team. Lets keep our depth and see how we look at full health.
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash
    Why trade Camby?! I don't see the logic in the Knicks helping others when they can help themselves. The only way you trade Camby is if he has become a malcontent in the locker room, and I have not heard that. Camby is going to be useful for the Knicks something this season for sure. One of the Knicks strengths this year is depth and camaraderie, why mess that up?

vCash
    Who's minutes is he getting?

There is no minutes for him now and Shump and Amare aren't even back yet.

If Sheed is healthy, its already obvious he's getting the minutes.

Say Chandler goes down god forbid.

Still don't think Camby's a Starter.

Don't see a need for Camby unless Sheed and Chandler go down simultaneously.

There not just going to play Camby because he can grab a few rebounds. Kurt can do that.

Don't see a role or purpose on this team for Camby.

Biggest thing Ive noticed about Woodson, he does not like players on the floor that can't score.

Even Brewer been getting pulled a lot lately despite his strong defense.

Woody more like D'antoni then you might think. Wants all 5 guys to be offensive options, Camby doesn't fit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast