Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    What exactly is Syndegard's ceiling?
    Syndergaard throws hard, but he’s more than just a fireballer who rears back and lets it go. He can crank his fastball easily into the upper 90s and he commands it relatively well. His power breaking ball is a future above-average or plus pitch once he starts throwing it more consistently. His changeup gives him a third potentially above-average or better offering. Just 19 in 2012, he has a very good feel for pitching and the kind of big, strong and projectable frame you want to see in a young pitcher. He’s just getting started, but the finished product could be a frontline starter.
    Other Lists: Top 10 Blue Jays Prospects (#3)

WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Looks good and pretty close to what i predicted yesterday that jays fans were making fun of me for. LOL

Anyways, any chance we get DJ Davis since we aren't getting Gose?
    Can they trade him or would he have to PTBNL?

I don't think Davis would be involved.

If Sherman's right, I am happy.

vCash
    Wheres all the alderson nay sayers now? U guys kill me.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    I'm a big fan of Syndergaard. An easy arm fastball and the excellent control at his age is a very good sign.. I think he's a good pickup for you guys, but maybe the Jays know something about him nobody else does.

vCash
    So now we're out back to 2 OFers. WTF are we gonna do?

Minute Rice: Put him in the bullpen, warm him up, and he's ready to serve.

vCash
    I don't want to count our chickens before they hatch though.

When someone else corroborates what Sherman is reporting, then we celebrate.

Right now, cautious optimism.

vCash
    Scouting Report: Noah Syndergaard (RHP)
    Body (6-5, 200): Extra-large frame with really long legs and long arms. High waist. Good shoulder width with room to fill out and add strength. Solid athleticism with good control of his body.

Delivery/Mechanics: Relatively simple delivery that he controls well despite size and long limbs. Consistent landing point and good line to the plate. Arm action gets a little short on the back side but he repeats it well. Some effort throughout drive to the plate and some scouts don’t love it.

Fastball (FB) Velocity (Wind-up): High – 100, Low – 90, Average – 93-95, Grade – 70/80

Fastball (FB) Velocity (Stretch): High – 99, Low 90, Average 93-94, Grade – 70/80

Fastball (FB) Movement: Really good plane to the plate because of height and long arms. Good angle makes him difficult to square and helps induce ground balls. Has some boring action at times. Shows ability to add sink as well and should have more consistent ability to do so with additional experience. Grade – 60/70

Overall Fastball: Potential elite pitch with ability to dominate hitters. Raw velocity is already impressive and could reach elite levels with physical maturity and more repetition. Angle and natural life help FB play up right now. Grade – 70/80

Curveball (CB): Really hard CB with good downward break. Stays on top of it well and can show as plus pitch at times. Improving ability to finish out of strike zone as a chase pitch. Potential plus pitch with swing-and-miss potential. Grade – 50/60

Change-up (CH): Shows occasional feel for pitch. Naturally hard pitch but can still get a bit firm with it at times. Feel is intermittent. Sits in mid-80s. Shows occasional sink that can work really well against LHH. Potential average pitch with experience/repetition. Grade – 30/50

Control: Generally shows ability to throw strikes routinely. Repeats delivery pretty well and mild effort doesn’t seem to impede strike throwing. Strikes with CH are hit or miss. Has athleticism and is able to repeat delivery, giving him plus control profile. Grade – 40/60

Command: Will need work. Has athleticism and arm action to profile for average command projection. Well below-average location right now but should improve rapidly with more experience and physical maturity. Grade – 30/50

Summation: Has all the ingredients to develop into a frontline starter with number two potential. Excellent frame and good athleticism. Strong makeup and rarely shows emotion on the mound. Intelligent kid that is quickly learning how to work through a lineup. FB has elite potential. CB should be plus with more experience and CH could be average down the line. Potential number two starter that could be a consistent All-Star.

Relative Risk: High. Always high risk with teenage pitchers in A-ball.

vCash
    If the Jays pay Buck's salary, we could easily save some money and spend it on Ross.

C: TDA
    1B: Ike
    2B: Murphy
    3B: Ike
    SS: Tejada
    LF: Duda
    CF: ?
    RF: Ross

We could use Kirk or MDD in CF, but im not sure either is the answer right now
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    I love Snydergaard. His potential is enormous, and was only 19 years old for the majority of the season. Our 2015 rotation could be: Harvey, Wheeler, Niese, Snydergaard, Fulmer

Even if he busts as a starter, with a fastball that good he will be an elite reliever. Not bad for a secondary piece to TDA. He's got a strong work ethic though so we'll see.

I've heard mixed reviews of his change, so I will say both of his secondaries are average as of now.

vCash
    Exactly. We're still completely ****ed in the OF.

Minute Rice: Put him in the bullpen, warm him up, and he's ready to serve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    If the Jays pay Buck's salary, we could easily save some money and spend it on Ross.

C: TDA
    1B: Ike
    2B: Murphy
    3B: Ike
    SS: Tejada
    LF: Duda
    CF: ?
    RF: Ross

We could use Kirk or MDD in CF, but im not sure either is the answer right now
    I would really like to see Cody Ross here. Apparently the Phillies are after him though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    For this year, yes. But next offseason when Johan comes off the books and the money saved by not resigning Dickey...we should go after the top FA options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I hear the latest is the deal has expanded to 52 players. Mets get d'Arnaud, Buck, and the Las Vegas 51s. Jays get Dickey, Thole, and the Buffalo Bisons.
    Much respect for this, but I already made the joke about 7 hours ago, and the inclusion of bacon is what really sold it:

Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry
    Breaking: Dickey + Buffalo Bisons to Toronto for Las Vegas 51's and a club sandwich

vCash
    This deal makes a lot of sense for both sides I think.

If I'm the Blue Jays, I see the Yankees and Red Sox staggering and I go for the jugular while I have the chance. That's what this off-season has been about for them. d'Arnaud is tough to give up, but they're getting a Cy Young award winner who'll love pitching in your home stadium. Syndergaard is outside their window of opportunity. He won't help until it's too late.

The Mets are in the exact opposite situation. You're kind of in a rebuilding stage and you play in a division with the Nationals, Phillies, and Braves. There wasn't really a circumstance where you outplay all those teams, even with Dickey. They're getting a prospect in d'Arnaud at a severe position of need and a really tough position to fill in general due to scarcity whom a lot of scouts are really high on. They also get Syndergaard who could be a strong part of the rotation when they are eventually ready to compete.

Like I said, deal makes sense if in fact that's the deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    If that's the deal, I'd say it's clear the Mets are punting 2013. Next offseason they'll have lots of money and they'll fill their OF needs.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast