Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    But seriously going back to this... Seven player deal so far.

Dickey + Thole + Mejia/Familia/Flores for D'Arnaud + Buck + Syndergaard + OF prospect or player?

That's what I see.
    If it's Flores, I can see it being Gose. Flores is protecting to be a pretty damn good hitter.

Dickey, Thole, Flores for TDA, Gose, Syndergaard, and Buck is fair.

These Jays fans are really acting as if TDA, Gose, and Synder are already proven MLB stars or at least guaranteed to be great MLB players. Seriously we'd be lucky if one was great and another was decent.

That's more than fair for a proven Cy Young winner, plus a good hitting prospect.

vCash
    Wouldn't surprise me if the third player from the Mets was Valdespin, either. He's a guy with some upside, but a somewhat volatile player.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Getting D'Arnaud would be the first time in our history having a prospect catcher so highly touted.

From my understanding he is supposed to be as good as Buster Posey......

She's In Heaven, But My First Choice For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Hard to believe that with all that's been written and said about Wilmer Flores ever since he was drafted as a 16 year old oversized shortstop, it seems he'll never play in a Met uniform.

Geez.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Getting D'Arnaud would be the first time in our history having a prospect catcher so highly touted.

Unfortunately that's not true. We wouldn't be getting him if that's whats expected. Think more like a Brian McCann impact. Which we still would very good for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

Todd Hundley was pretty highly touted but not this high.

d'Arnaud is not expected to be Buster Posey.

Think more Brian McCann.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Hard to believe that with all that's been written and said about Wilmer Flores ever since he was drafted as a 16 year old oversized shortstop, it seems he'll never play in a Met uniform.

Geez.
    until of course after he has all of his all star seasons and makes himself a lock for the HOF, then we'll get him when he's like 35 or older and that's when he'll start to suck.... (ala Roberto Alomar)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

Geez.
    Remember when F-Mart was the next Manny and Wilmer was the next Miggy?

How times have changed. Just shows that 16 year olds don't always live up to the monstrous hype.

Speaking of young players we have had for a while, whatever happened to Jefry Marte?

vCash
    Don't know how true but i just read a tweet deal is dead because Toronto wont inclued JA Haap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsgiants510 View Post
    Remember when F-Mart was the next Manny and Wilmer was the next Miggy?

How times have changed. Just shows that 16 year olds don't always live up to the monstrous hype.

Speaking of young players we have had for a while, whatever happened to Jefry Marte?
    F-Mart never managed to stay on the field. Wilmer turned the corner last season and now appears ready to make his ascent into the Big Leagues.

In other words, time to let him go.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsgiants510 View Post
    I agree. I think GM's are starting to realize that, especially since I haven't signed anywhere yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    You really think Tejada would be a deal breaker here? No way. Neither would Gee. Just sayin
    We don't have too many above average young players, so I'd hold on to dear life
    for our few remaining pieces. Sure Gee and Tejada are not stars, but getting a 27 y/o #5 starters are worth 6+ mil on the open market or in arbitration, while solid fielding SS w/ .330 OBP+ would net 6+ mil on the open market or in arbitration. Given that the Wilpons are hesitant to spend money and this teams many holes, it's not too wise to move these guys unless you're getting back multiple solid pieces. Not too mention, Gee and Tejada are 3+ years away from FA and a year away from arbitration, we can very much lock these guys up next year for 2-4 mil per year. It's not hard to replace Gee or Tejada, it's just more expensive.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    If it's Flores, I can see it being Gose. Flores is protecting to be a pretty damn good hitter.

Dickey, Thole, Flores for TDA, Gose, Syndergaard, and Buck is fair.

These Jays fans are really acting as if TDA, Gose, and Synder are already proven MLB stars or at least guaranteed to be great MLB players. Seriously we'd be lucky if one was great and another was decent.

That's more than fair for a proven Cy Young winner, plus a good hitting prospect.

Probably 9 out of 10 hardcore baseball fans who roam the internet overrate prospects

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthangelkai View Post
    Don't know how true but i just read a tweet deal is dead because Toronto wont inclued JA Haap
    well thats just not true. Lots of fake rumors goin on with this.

Sure, a blockbuster deal involving a cy young pitcher and a top offensive prospect is gonna die because TOR won't give us a piece of crap pitcher back... LOL

vCash
    i am looking at ken rosenthal twitter and alot of people are saying Buck is in the trade I don't want buck

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast