Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Or rather, there is no one available... You hypothetically can get a better package than Dickey... but when there is no one else available, you can't.
    Source?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    1. The problem is that no other Cy Young type pitcher is available as of right now regardless of how much Jays fans wish that they were.

Kershaw, Verlander, Weaver and Price are not available. Price maybe could of been had earlier in the off season, but the Rays sold Shields who is not as good and got more than the Mets are getting for Dickey.

The Mariners are not willing to deal Hernandez and they have a pretty good catching prospect of their own in Zunino, so d'A is not a match there.

Tell another guy who had a CY type year who is available right now and could be had by the Jays?

2. The reason why Dickey has not been traded yet was because Alderson was holding out for that elite prospect to be included in a deal and as usual there is a team that bites and it seems the Jays were that team unless the deal falls through.

3. No matter what some guys say, Dickey is an ace and has been for 3 years now and is not showing any signs of regression, but the opposite as he has gotten better every year in those 3 years. He is an Ace who is available and teams with a win now mentality will try to get such a guy because it could mean a WS appearance for them.
    Listen, I am not disputing anything you are saying....I just don't think you will get TDA, Syndergaard and another prospect for Dickey and mid prospect.
    AA, will never do that trade. If Dickey were 26, then good chance but not at 38.....If this trade is going to happen, Mets are going to have to offer up another big piece (i.e. Davis or Wheeler) otherwise this trade just will not happen (and is probably why it hasn't yet).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjago View Post
    For 2012:
    Baseball Prospectus had TDA at 16, Wheeler at 30
    Baseball America had TDA at 17 Wheeler at 35

2013 (lists yet to be released for most but so far):
    Razzball - TDA 5, Wheeler 21
    ScoutingBook - TDA 13, Wheeler 21
    Keith Law - TDA 6, Wheeler 27

I think experts would definitely agree (maybe a few crazies out there that don't! LOL - J.J.)
    Well what you showed is that Wheeler and TDA switch off... One is ranked better in some and the other in some others...

But if they cancel out. Is Dickey really worth only Syndergaard in your honest, unbiased, opinion?

vCash
    Source?
    You have to provide the source... How you expect someone to provide a source saying someone is not available? That's hard to do... I always thought when someone was not available they wouldn't be put on the media as being so...

vCash
    For 2012:

I think experts would definitely agree (maybe a few crazies out there that don't! LOL - J.J.)
    Those 2012 lists are outdated dude. They still have guys like Trout, Harper, Moore on them.

This is current. Wheeler #6, TDA #11
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/

vCash
    Listen, I am not disputing anything you are saying....I just don't think you will get TDA, Syndergaard and another prospect for Dickey and mid prospect.
    AA, will never do that trade. If Dickey were 26, then good chance but not at 38.....If this trade is going to happen, Mets are going to have to offer up another big piece (i.e. Davis or Wheeler) otherwise this trade just will not happen (and is probably why it hasn't yet).
    What we are saying is that you will get a good player. Just don't expect an elite player. Don't expect a Harvey, Wheeler, Davis, Wright, Niese, etc.

You will probably get a prospect from our top 10. Maybe even top 5. But don't expect a Wheeler or Davis.

vCash
    Well, if this trade had no chance of happening, then it would of been dead by now as well.

vCash
    There's no way TB will get Wil Myers, Odorizzi, Montgomery, and another prospect for only James Shields and a mediocre Wade Davis. There's just NO WAY!!!

oh wait......

Expect TDA and Synder to be gone for Dickey and little else and that's fair. Deal with it and stop acting like all of the Jays prospects are going to be great MLB players. Saltalamaccia was a better catcher prospect then TDA... how'd that turn out? They are just prospects therefore u must give up multiple to get an already proven Cy Young pitcher.

vCash
    For 2012:

Huh? Did Wheeler go backwards? Because Law had Wheeler at 14 in July 2012:

Link:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...spect-rankings

Zack Wheeler has jumped 13 spots, to No. 14, in Keith Law's updated rankings of the top 50 prospects in baseball. Matt Harvey now checks in at No. 30.

Here's what Law had to say:

14. Zack Wheeler, RHP, New York Mets (age 22)
    Current level: Double-A (Binghamton)
    Preseason ranking: 27

He was touching 97-98 mph facing two batters at the Futures Game, although he won't pitch at that velocity as a starter. He still projects as a solid No. 2, top 30 or so in the league, with an outside chance of more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    You make no sense. Dickey would be your best pitcher. Jays fans think they got such a great rotation. It's filled with a lot of 4.00-4.50 ERA guys. Dickey gives you an ace. He's been very good for 3 yrs now and great for 1. Knuckleballers don't age like flame throwing pitchers, although I assume you know that and just wanna talk ****. Mets are gonna get TDA and Synder and don't expect much more than Dickey coming to the Jays.

Yea, I don't know what to say to this. You don't know what you're talking about. It's as simple as that. The Mets are getting only prospects. You act like all your prospects are gonna be guaranteed great players. They're not, FYI... we'd be lucky if one we get in return ends up good, let alone great.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/

That's MLB.COM

Not sure what the hell you're talking about with a mets publication... it's a legit MLB site which many people use on PSD, as well as just the general MLB fans. Wheeler #6, TDA #11... WTF?
    I make no sense? Then you say the Jays will have a lot of 4.00 to 4.50ERA guys?!?!?! Has JJ ever had an ERA in the 4's? How about Buehrle - what, maybe once 3 yrs ago? How about Morrow's 2.9ERA last year? How about Ricky Romero's 2010 and 2011 where his ERA was low 3's and high 2's (bum arm last year that needed surgery this off season and still only 28)....you lose all credibility in your argument when you post stuff like that.
    I don't disagree that Dickey would be the Jays best pitcher next year though!!
    Mets will not get TDA and Syndergaard for just Dickey - you don't know much about AA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Well what you showed is that Wheeler and TDA switch off... One is ranked better in some and the other in some others...

But if they cancel out. Is Dickey really worth only Syndergaard in your honest, unbiased, opinion?
    Absolutely not...Syndergaard is not worth Dickey!!
    But Dickey is not worth TDA and Syndergaard...

vCash
    I make no sense? Then you say the Jays will have a lot of 4.00 to 4.50ERA guys?!?!?! Has JJ ever had an ERA in the 4's? How about Buehrle - what, maybe once 3 yrs ago? How about Morrow's 2.9ERA last year? How about Ricky Romero's 2010 and 2011 where his ERA was low 3's and high 2's (bum arm last year that needed surgery this off season and still only 28)....you lose all credibility in your argument when you post stuff like that.
    I don't disagree that Dickey would be the Jays best pitcher next year though!!
    Mets will not get TDA and Syndergaard for just Dickey - you don't know much about AA!!
    JJ is coming off his worst yr and almost reached that 4.00 era... who knows what happens in the tough AL east.... and Morrow?? LOL 1 good yr dude... how about every yr before that? He wasn't just not good. He was really bad! Romero had a good start to his career and was completely pathetic last yr. How you can be that confident about your starters going into next season? Lots of question marks there.... but Dickey..? Very good for 3 yrs now and a Cy Young last yr.

TDA and Synder coming to the Mets and that's a fair deal. Why do you insist on thinking that unproven prospects whom are NOT "can't miss" prospects like Trout/Harper are all going to be great? This is the market for a cy young pitcher, multiple good prospects.. sorry to disappoint you.

vCash
    Yes, I agree. Which is why we are giving a non-elite prospect. That likely means that our prospect will be from our top 10.

Is Dickey + Tapia/Familia/Mejia/Flores not worth TDA + Syndergaard? That's what I ask you next...

Remember one of the guys working for the Jays signed these guys so he knows what he is looking at.

vCash
    And yet that's exactly what's happening. Maybe you don't know AA?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    And yet that's exactly what's happening. Maybe you don't know AA?
    The fact is that there is no other available pitcher like Dickey. And the Jays want him because they feel they need that security of a great pitcher to combat the Yankees and Rays and the other AL Juggernauts. He's the best there is.

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast